Guns n Roses

Muppetmark

3 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

So do IT problems.

it problems today were little different to previous sale, the length of time for the sale today was much longer

Edited by Neil

12 minutes ago, IAN9000 said:

GNR also have to fulfil an outstanding Glasgow date after they cancelled in the summer, so it would make sense to tie it in with Arctic Monkeys Bellahouston Park date on the 25th to use the same site.

Same is true for RHCP. And they were scheduled for Bellahouston originally. So my money is on them for the 25th.

8 hours ago, Neil said:

it problems today were little different to previous sale, the length of time for the sale today was much longer

Because card payments were falling over and tickets going back in the pot. The evidence for this is literally everywhere. 

1 hour ago, Neil said:

All the same as previous sales

No previous Main Sale has been run with SCA turned on - which dramatically complicates the sale transaction and without question caused failed purchases to run at a far higher rate than previous years, with those tickets being released back into the pot after 10 minutes. I personally had 3 sets of purchases fail due to the site not coping with SCA today.

I watch the tech side of the way the site operates pretty closely (honestly, so that I can try and use that knowledge to benefit myself) and in tech terms todays sale was a disaster, far moreso than it has been in quite a few years. Whether that's down to more devices hitting the site (which of course doesn't necessarily equate to demand), or down to the impact of SCA, or something else (or some combination of those) I don't know.

The one thing I can say for absolute certain is that the slower "sell out" wasn't down to reduced demand. They sold the tickets as quickly as people were able to complete transactions within the context of it being as difficult as ever to get on the site, and loads of sessions failing during the process. I've posted on here many that the last time the sell out speed told us anything at all about the "true" demand was in the years when it didn't sell out in the initial rush - namely 2008, 2009, 2010 - and that's just as true today as it was before.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, incident said:

No previous Main Sale has been run with SCA turned on - which dramatically complicates the sale transaction and without question caused failed purchases to run at a far higher rate than previous years, with those tickets being released back into the pot after 10 minutes. I personally had 3 sets of purchases fail due to the site not coping with SCA today.

I watch the tech side of the way the site operates pretty closely (honestly, so that I can try and use that knowledge to benefit myself) and in tech terms todays sale was a disaster, far moreso than it has been in quite a few years. Whether that's down to more devices hitting the site (which of course doesn't necessarily equate to demand), or down to the impact of SCA, or something else (or some combination of those) I don't know.

The one thing I can say for absolute certain is that the slower "sell out" wasn't down to reduced demand. They sold the tickets as quickly as people were able to complete transactions within the context of it being as difficult as ever to get on the site, and loads of sessions failing during the process. I've posted on here many that the last time the sell out speed told us anything at all about the "true" demand was in the years when it didn't sell out in the initial rush - namely 2008, 2009, 2010 - and that's just as true today as it was before.

Agree.  

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yup - just came here to post that as well. But it does also say Rihanna and Eminem alongside Reg and AM.

Given the way it brings up the old Emily quite and the Paris date change it could have been sourced from on here.

Genuinely just feels they're throwing all the rumours and seeing which one comes true. Then in a few years someone on here will say the got it right about 2023.

10 hours ago, incident said:

I watch the tech side of the way the site operates pretty closely (honestly, so that I can try and use that knowledge to benefit myself) and in tech terms todays sale was a disaster, far more so than it has been in quite a few years. Whether that's down to more devices hitting the site (which of course doesn't necessarily equate to demand), or down to the impact of SCA, or something else (or some combination of those) I don't know.

Absolutely agree with this, but I think there was some other gremlin at play also.  Many of our group got in, filled the registration info and clicked proceed and it didn't even get to the payment info before crashing and burning and that wouldn't be the SCA would it?  Too early in the process?  From discussions, this happened at least 10-12 times across our group of 40, with about the same or maybe slightly more getting timed out after putting payment info in.  Massively frustrating, but if there hadn't been so many failures, I'm sure we wouldn't have got our last 2 groups in right at the death, so in a perverse way it kinda helped in the end if you were persistent enough.

11 hours ago, incident said:

Totally agree. 

If the systems worked well, it would have sold out in half the time. 

That's evident from my group of 10 trying and all the posts on here and Glasto Chat. 

Fuck all to do with GnR! 

3 hours ago, 2loor2iller said:

The S*n now mentioning GnR as being in talks, although now mentioned along with Elton rather than any mention of Rihanna or Eminem so take your pick on which scoop you want to believe, if any. 

as much as i wouldn't even wipe my ample sized @rse with the rag, haven't they actually been quite close to the mark when it comes to glasto rumours?

1 minute ago, eddie_corrigan said:

as much as i wouldn't even wipe my ample sized @rse with the rag, haven't they actually been quite close to the mark when it comes to glasto rumours?

As has been pointed out - only if you ignore all the ones they get wrong.

They tend to throw a lot of shit at the wall and so yes sometimes they do get the right names as part of that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Karlos12345 said:

Same is true for RHCP. And they were scheduled for Bellahouston originally. So my money is on them for the 25th.

Yeah but also, GNR are odds on with the bookies while RHCP are 33/1- longer than Oasis (a band who don’t actually exist). 🙂

5 minutes ago, incident said:

As has been pointed out - only if you ignore all the ones they get wrong.

They tend to throw a lot of shit at the wall and so yes sometimes they do get the right names as part of that.

its the @Matt42 method of naming headliners.

7 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

They sometimes get info no-one else does like the who and Paul weller double bill in 2015

I GOT THE WHO INFO (POSTED IT ON HERE), BUT DISMISSED IT COS OF THE PARIS SHOW THEY HAD BOOKED.

1 hour ago, IAN9000 said:

Yeah but also, GNR are odds on with the bookies while RHCP are 33/1- longer than Oasis (a band who don’t actually exist). 🙂

You got me wrong. I was saying, I think RHCP are playing Bellahouston 25 June. Cause you said it would be GNR.

Edit: Ah, you meant AM are playing Bella 25th. Yeah, so RHCP for the 24th at Bella. But nevermind. Back to Glastonbury rumors.

Edited by Karlos12345