Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

17 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

No - never played before, last ever UK date, not doing any other festivals.

Expensive, has regularly played every provincial sports ground under the sun for years on end, has also had plenty of bad live performances as well, so surely by your own metrics he’s a naff booking?

20 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

No - never played before, last ever UK date, not doing any other festivals.

Right, but he's playing 20 other UK dates this year and has been touring this tour since like 2019, so I'm not sure "they're everywhere" really has any effect on whether it's a good booking or not.

As always it's some indeterminable equation of a load of factors, I just don't think this is one, much like "played 6 years ago".

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

A down vote counter because someone was being a straight up bellend. 

Nah man. You're being the bellend. I was having a joke with a fella who I've a lot of time for...who hasn't reacted as he knew what it was. You're just incapable of grasping that. If I was genuinely having a go at him, I wouldn't have used the disputed word du jour. All about context isn't it? Now untwist your knickers.

3 hours ago, thewayiam said:

A down vote counter because someone was being a straight up bellend. 

Nah man. You're the one closer to being the bellend. I wouldn't you call you that though, because that would be mean. I was having a joke with a fella who I've a lot of time for...who hasn't reacted as he knew what it was. You're just seemingly incapable of grasping that. If I was genuinely having a go at him, I wouldn't have used the disputed word du jour (that was the angle, you see). All about context isn't it? Now untwist your knickers.

4 hours ago, roughbloke said:

You mean this thread? 

A completely unedited post, 2 days after the 2019 festival, along side numerous other users posting in the exact same format. Are all those people claiming to know who is headlining? I don't think it takes a genius (or maybe it does!?) to understand that none of these posts are claiming to have any idea about the line up..?

Almost four years ago. If this is all you have to cling onto, you're just a sad little man. Completely respect if you want to die on this lonely hill but can you just do it quietly? 

Speaking from experience, this forum was part of the journey to Glasto. All the discussions just hype up the excitement. Right now, you're ruining it for me and probably other people. 

3 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Just seem a bit pissed off with admin of late …. I’m trying to get topic back on track so hopefully you can help with that 

I wonder why?, because we are trying to have fun debating and getting daily bouts of that shit like that above that he was sprouting years ago. And if someone gives out shit that is bollocks that is directed to me, they sure as hell are going to get it back knowing the absolute fuckwit it's come from. Again...if you think this is right then block me life I'm told that idiot below.

41 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Nah man. You're being the bellend. I was having a joke with a fella who I've a lot of time for...who hasn't reacted as he knew what it was. You're just incapable of grasping that. If I was genuinely having a go at him, I wouldn't have used the disputed word du jour. All about context isn't it? Now untwist your knickers.

Yup, look above two posts. Someone holding onto a nothing post for nearly for years.

I don't care what your reasons are, don't use the word nonce unless someone is. Don't like it, block me. Couldn't give a shit.

The reactions to his post above telling the general feeling about what people think on here. We come here as it's the only option, doesn't make it a good one. If roughbloke and a few others that get info frequently did one of these themselves or had the time then this forum would die on it's arse. Afterall, we don't know who's actually getting announced until they are confirmed and since September/Oct time last year this has been a rumor site at best as every TBC is being questioned.

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

wonder why?, because we are trying to have fun debating and getting daily bouts of that shit like that above that he was sprouting years ago. And if someone gives out shit that is bollocks that is directed to me, they sure as hell are going to get it back knowing the absolute fuckwit it's come from. Again...if you think this is right then block me life I'm told that idiot below

Im blocking no one just attempting to get the thread back on track 

Edited by Crazyfool01

50 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I wonder why?, because we are trying to have fun debating and getting daily bouts of that shit like that above that he was sprouting years ago. And if someone gives out shit that is bollocks that is directed to me, they sure as hell are going to get it back knowing the absolute fuckwit it's come from. Again...if you think this is right then block me life I'm told that idiot below.

Yup, look above two posts. Someone holding onto a nothing post for nearly for years.

I don't care what your reasons are, don't use the word nonce unless someone is. Don't like it, block me. Couldn't give a shit.

The reactions to his post above telling the general feeling about what people think on here. We come here as it's the only option, doesn't make it a good one. If roughbloke and a few others that get info frequently did one of these themselves or had the time then this forum would die on it's arse. Afterall, we don't know who's actually getting announced until they are confirmed and since September/Oct time last year this has been a rumor site at best as every TBC is being questioned.

Noncesense

Edited by Superscally
  • Upvote 2

What about Dua Lipa, seen her last year headline Barcelona and she was very good - very similar to a Beyoncé set, maybe it’s her time?  

Cant see it being an all male Pyramid but you never know, it has been in the past. 

If the GNR rumours are true, then maybe they will headline the other stage? 

Hoping we see Yeah Yeah Yeahs this year 🤞🏽

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Some unanswerable bangers in their arsenal. Gonna get mad with it and a have a boogie.

Indeed. Apart from Appetite and Live Like A Suicide, I hadn't played anything by them in ages and even then I'd not really thought about, just had them in the background. So the other day I listened to a setlist playlist on Spotify. Along with the better, more recent videos on YouTube, it genuinely got me excited for it. 

It's not going to be perfect, they never really were as a live act but I'm hopeful for a stormer. 

Those big ol' corny numbers are going to go off.