Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

4 minutes ago, Neil said:

you're going to struggle to find much joy in gnr's announcement.

Well there’s been some joy on here about it today so I don’t agree with that. 

Just now, stuie said:

Sorry to hear that. I’m still confident that anyone can get value from Glasto though, even if you don’t like the headliners. 

i could enjoy it, just can't be bothered with it, when it can't be bothered to book decent headliners.

43 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Current likelihood of seeing the Pyramid headliners:

Arctic Monkeys: 10% - there would have to be a Sunday 14-eqsue headline desert for me to consider them)

Guns n Roses: 70% - as I said above, could be fun

Reg: 100% - this year's Kendrick for me.

Exactly this. Even though I'm enjoying The Car I'll definitely not be doing 3 Pyramid headliners. 

I watched GnR at a festival a few years ago and Slash was the one carrying the whole show. He was the loudest member easily in the mix and had like 3 big solo parts outside of songs that are already guitar solo heavy. I loved it but some people got visibly bored

Axl was still running around a lot and he did well on the high screamy songs like Welcome to the Jungle or low songs like It's So Easy/Mr Brownstone. He was weak in those mid ones, Sweet Child O'Mine sounded terrible for example.

To anyone complaining about one, two or three acts, wherever their placement on the card, I'd suggest pointing them towards previous years timetables. I've picked out three at random below. If you can't find something to enjoy at any time over the five days, then I'd suggest this festival ain't for you. It's a ridiculous amount of choice, and we're spoilt beyond belief every year.

2014 - https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/line-up-2014/

2017 - https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/line-up-2017/?stage

2019 - https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/line-up-2019/

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

Disagree … they’ve clearly got some fans on here … not for you me and several others but that’s much like any other year 

most year people get acts they've been wanting to see. anyone who has wanted to see gnr will have already seen them.

1 minute ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Exactly this. Even though I'm enjoying The Car I'll definitely not be doing 3 Pyramid headliners. 

i wouldn't be doing any of them, fancy seeing reg, but it'll be as crowded as macca was this year, which was impossible on a mobility scooter, unless i arrivws 3 hours early to get on the viewing ramp(and then i'd need to leave  and return to the ramp for the loo).

Just now, Neil said:

most year people get acts they've been wanting to see. anyone who has wanted to see gnr will have already seen them.

Some people would never pay the price of individual acts just the same for others … I’ve not paid to see any of the legends over the years … that doesn’t stop me going … it encourages me 

1 minute ago, Neil said:

Strangely enough, I got a ticket for GnR at BST under the assumption that they'd be at Glastonbury. That way, I now have the option of seeing them at Glastonbury, or sacking them off and heading over to the naughty corner before the mad rush. I'm not a massive fan but I've never seen them before and they've got a great back catalogue and songs that I'd really like to hear played live. 

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

Some people would never pay the price of individual acts just the same for others …

true, but they hope their glasto ticket gives them some acts  they've wanted to see.

2 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

To anyone complaining about one, two or three acts, wherever their placement on the card, I'd suggest pointing them towards previous years timetables. I've picked out three at random below. If you can't find something to enjoy at any time over the five days, then I'd suggest this festival ain't for you. It's a ridiculous amount of choice, and we're spoilt beyond belief every year.

2014 - https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/line-up-2014/

2017 - https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/line-up-2017/?stage

2019 - https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/line-up-2019/

I think Neil is putting in his distaste for the 3 top headliners, along with the expenses and his current health situation as a main reason for not going. The price hike has killed the majority of my group not going, who've been going since 2014/2015, including my partner who went for the first time last year. I don't think we should be critiquing other peoples reasons for not wanting to go to a festival. 

3 minutes ago, Neil said:

i wouldn't be doing any of them, fancy seeing reg, but it'll be as crowded as macca was this year, which was impossible on a mobility scooter, unless i arrivws 3 hours early to get on the viewing ramp(and then i'd need to leave  and return to the ramp for the loo).

Not trying to be argumentative here, but this very much contradicts the disability argument used for you. If GnR are so bad it will be easy for you to navigate around the field, if it was big popular act instead you’re saying it would be too hard for you anyway. 

Edited by Jose Pose

6 minutes ago, Neil said:

All my group (barring me ironically) want to see Guns N Roses.  Not one of them have seen them before 

6 minutes ago, Neil said:

Surely its AM that need to go then not GNR on this basis?

More people on here have probably seen Elton than GNR honestly.