Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

Just now, Matt42 said:

But then again Macca, Elton, Stones whatever.. land a name like that and the field will be flooded. Regardless of what you put as a counter. 

Also I think it’s a bit of a suicide slot for other acts on the bill, so I can’t imagine another massive name taking it. What’s the point in playing Glastonbury if your set will be overshadowed at the outset.

I’m sort of coming around to the idea of Fred Again.  Suits a certain type of audience 

3 hours ago, gfa said:

yep 2 stadium shows in the uk

Not always

Megan thee stallion was against macca and she couldn't even sell out a single brixton date (no, i'm not joking!)

Being at Reading probably hurt that. And the £50 price tag along with announcing it 2 weeks beforehand. But she still warranted the Other headline slot regardless.

Oddly enough this is the scenario where Calvin Harris on Other wouldve been the ideal case. It was a mad house at Arcadia. It easily would be full at Other for that against Elton. Just put Fred on West Holts too and see if you can try to make them not close off the Pyramid field. Cause it seems that might happen. I wouldnt even personally go and just watch something else anyway.

Edited by Suprefan

7 minutes ago, airwaves said:

Fred Again

Fred Again

Bloody again Fred Again

Who is this??? 

I've only ever come across his name in these efestivals forums. 

I’m assuming it’s a sort of fusion band consisting of Right Said Fred, and Bjorn Again.  Apparently do some terrific mash ups

I’m too sexy for my super trouper shirt

deeply dippy dancing queen 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Being at Reading probably hurt that. And the £50 price tag along with announcing it 2 weeks beforehand. But she still warranted the Other headline slot regardless.

Oddly enough this is the scenario where Calvin Harris on Other wouldve been the ideal case. It was a mad house at Arcadia. It easily would be full at Other for that against Elton. Just put Fred on West Holts too and see if you can try to make them not close off the Pyramid field. Cause it seems that might happen. I wouldnt even personally go and just watch something else anyway.

I was just saying she was hardly a mega headliner to balance out the macca crowd.

If your a festival headliner you should be able to fill a 5k venue in London at a moments notice - plenty of acts further down the bill could do that easily despite being at reading and it being that weekend.

if macca didn't closed off surely elton john would be fine?

4 minutes ago, airwaves said:

Fred Again

Fred Again

Bloody again Fred Again

Who is this??? 

I've only ever come across his name in these efestivals forums. 

Know or get to know because he'll be headlining all over next summer. just finished up a sold out run of 3 brixton shows

3 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Probably the biggest dance act to emerge in the last 5 years…

He isnt there yet but Rufus Du Sol, Odesza and others that play arenas and stadiums can argue otherwise on "biggest". Not Swedish House Mafia though.

And they just played Fred Again to start the second half of England France.

8 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Probably the biggest dance act to emerge in the last 5 years…

New to the forum after some time scrolling. Im really looking forward to interacting with you all! 

For me Fred Again is one of the biggest acts (if not the biggest!?) to emerge in the past 5 years. He makes me feel something. To feel connected. Which is all i really want from music. 

Why Elton will be so special.

I had no idea who Fred Again was and @nikkic recommended his boiler set to me (thanks!) and I’m fully on board the Fred train. His music isn’t complex but it’s bl00dy catchy and I’ll be there watching him if there’s no bad clashes.

Back to headliners tho - there’s not a chance you’ll catch me at GnR but fully support them playing so I can go elsewhere with no FOMO

20 hours ago, Suprefan said:

He isnt there yet but Rufus Du Sol, Odesza and others that play arenas and stadiums can argue otherwise on "biggest". Not Swedish House Mafia though.

And they just played Fred Again to start the second half of England France.

Neither of those are anywhere near to Fred's size in the UK. Not a chance they could sell 3 nights at brixton out

15 hours ago, D_bakes said:

New to the forum after some time scrolling. Im really looking forward to interacting with you all! 

For me Fred Again is one of the biggest acts (if not the biggest!?) to emerge in the past 5 years. He makes me feel something. To feel connected. Which is all i really want from music. 

Why Elton will be so special.

Welcome! 🙂 

On 12/10/2022 at 9:23 AM, Neil said:

i went to see Springsteen, just so i could say he was boring from my experience rather than expectation. Eventually, everyone came around to my view.

I presume you'll go see GnR then so you can come on here saying ' told you ' while others are enjoying themselves elsewhere