Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

Just now, Skip997 said:

No problem with Elton playing, just let's have artists in the appropriate slots. I don't like him, but he is a legend, get him in that slot, free up the headline slot for someone more contemporary.

I didn't get to see either due to clashes but Bille and Kendrick are the sort of booking they should be looking at for headliners. Saw Billie in 2019, she was very good.

If it is AM, GNR and Elton then yeah we're missing the kinda booking of Billie, Kenny, Stormzy etc

But it's 3 massive headliners, 2 of which are debutants. 

It's a decent trio.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

No problem with Elton playing, just let's have artists in the appropriate slots. I don't like him, but he is a legend, get him in that slot, free up the headline slot for someone more contemporary.

I didn't get to see either due to clashes but Bille and Kendrick are the sort of booking they should be looking at for headliners. Saw Billie in 2019, she was very good.

I saw her in 2019. As mime artists go, she’s no Marcel Marceau.

8 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

you are dead right.. we want more acts like Billie & Kendrick headlining..

oh... and Macca!

4 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Will Elton join Rina Sawayama or vice versa? That’s the main question.

Usually more likely that the smaller artist joins the bigger artist. Has a Pyramid headliner ever appeared earlier in the day on a smaller stage? I'm sure it has happened but I can't think of one. 

43 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Would be fine with Prodigy vs Elton. No need for more Reg after the finale last week. Tough to do better, especially as its just on Disney Plus to watch whenever. 

Nah - very easy to do better ... on the Pyramid with all you lovely people.  Waaaay better 😊

5 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Usually more likely that the smaller artist joins the bigger artist. Has a Pyramid headliner ever appeared earlier in the day on a smaller stage? I'm sure it has happened but I can't think of one. 

Alex Turner joined Miles Kane in the John Peel tent to do a last shadow puppets track when they headlined in 2013. Can’t think of any more .

47 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Did I mention I love threads like this ... im buzzing for this announcement , was feeling a bit grumpy with talk of gnr and am earlier 

That was me earlier - but this has me buzzing now.  Really can't think of anyone else (other than Taylor obvs) who would be a better booking this year.  The stars are hopefully aligning

5 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Who would guest with him? Would love Dua of course.

Maybe Eminem, so Reg could have some hip hop after having his hip op😉

You laugh but he did actually work with Em, he did the chorus on the Live version of Stan on Curtain Call. Think he’s a bit beyond hip hop now though! 😂