Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

11 hours ago, CiaranMc said:

So if someone like Kate Bush was at the farm- Legend or Headliner?

That's actually a really weird one. I personally think if she hadn't given up playing live shows all those years ago, she'd be in a legends slot... But the fact she'd be possibly the most exclusive Glasto booking of all time if she was there in '23, probably puts her at the top.

4 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

This time around she's a strong sub or Other headliner and I hope it happens.

I don't entirely buy the thesis that her album this year flatlined. Maybe its chart position wasn't all that, but the two big singles from it seem to be everywhere. And Lizzo herself is hardly fading from view 

TBH I think she is in a similar position to Lorde where she gets very generous slots at festivals despite the chart success not quite matching up.

2 hours ago, K2SO said:

That's actually a really weird one. I personally think if she hadn't given up playing live shows all those years ago, she'd be in a legends slot... But the fact she'd be possibly the most exclusive Glasto booking of all time if she was there in '23, probably puts her at the top.

Before Stranger Things I would have said she was headliner, now she definitely, definitely would be.

But still won't turn up.

Kate Bush is like bagging a Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd. 

But mountains would have to be moved for it to happen. Kate has never been a touring artist and for her to go from years and years of inactivity to headlining one of the biggest festivals in the world, it’s a massive reach.

20 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Kate Bush is like bagging a Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd. 

But mountains would have to be moved for it to happen. Kate has never been a touring artist and for her to go from years and years of inactivity to headlining one of the biggest festivals in the world, it’s a massive reach.

I'm in the zone of "always enjoy a Kate Bush tune but generally never put her on/own any" (If thats a zone? Must be. I'm in it)...but...if she played I would be VERY excited

21 minutes ago, Superscally said:

I'm in the zone of "always enjoy a Kate Bush tune but generally never put her on/own any" (If thats a zone? Must be. I'm in it)...but...if she played I would be VERY excited

When she did perform she very much did a deep cuts show and didn’t necessarily do the bangers.

If she did a greatest hits setlist it would be absolute magical. Imagine some songs like Babushka, Cloudbusting, Hounds of Love, Sat in Your Lap over the pyramid field. Goosebumps. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Matt42 said:

When she did perform she very much did a deep cuts show and didn’t necessarily do the bangers.

If she did a greatest hits setlist it would be absolute magical. Imagine some songs like Babushka, Cloudbusting, Hounds of Love, Sat in Your Lap over the pyramid field. Goosebumps. 

To be fair, she's very much an album artist. The entire disc 2 of Aerial is one of her bangers to me.

12 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Oh agreed I much prefer her deep cuts, but it would be interesting to see her give a greatest hits set a go

‘Before The Dawn’ was an incredibly immersive production, and I couldn’t fault the choice of songs. So much more interesting than her touring her hits around the arenas. Not that she will ever do such a thing