Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

37 minutes ago, VCK said:

They've played a couple of times, but they're another example of a band who are proven headliners elsewhere but don't really have that general mass appeal to headline Glastonbury. See also: Biffy Clyro, Foals.

Didn't they play halfway down the Other Stage in 2016, the year after they subheadlined Reading and Leeds?

Wouldnt surprise me if they headlined Other on their next album. Would be a good counter program to a Dua Lipa headlined evening.

Has there been chat about the (very distressing) possibility of a George Ezra headline slot? 

He has a big GSH from 17-29 June, and is playing other shows nearby.  Subbed the Pyramid in 2019 in front of a HUGE crowd, then did the JP secret set in 2022 (which is often a sign of a "proper" slot next time).  And there aren't really many places to go from his 2019 Pyramid slot....

I sincerely hope there is nothing in this - would be disappointed but not at all surprised if he turned up though.

Just now, Franky said:

Why are the Prodigy being tipped so much to play next year? 

Dont get me wrong I would fecking love that, even without poor old Keith they owned Brixton academy in the summer. Even if it was 400 degrees inside 😂

They're around, with very logical tour dates.

They seemingly like playing the Festival, and were booked for 2020.

I don't think there's any specific word they're playing as such, but the above combined make them a pretty decent shout.

3 minutes ago, Franky said:

Why are the Prodigy being tipped so much to play next year? 

Dont get me wrong I would fecking love that, even without poor old Keith they owned Brixton academy in the summer. Even if it was 400 degrees inside 😂

Have 3 tour dates a few days after Glastonbury, makes a lot of sense. 

13 minutes ago, GeezLouise said:

Is it me Or does this lineup feel a bit pants? Is it real/old?

Thats 2015. Its real. Drake was a mess and the Madonna cameo didnt help. Florence broke her foot the first weekend 2 songs into her set and then sat for weekend 2.

Edited by Suprefan

34 minutes ago, GeezLouise said:

Is it me Or does this lineup feel a bit pants? Is it real/old?

You know what, if they announced this for Glastonbury 2023 it would be my personal best lineup ever. Got very excited before I realised it was an old one! Explains why Nero is on the top line and Tyler, the Creator is in the tiny writing.

28 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Wonder if anyone could notice a difference between her howls of pain and her singing

Yeah ok. She didnt even realize it til after the set.  

if you want a deep lineup then look up the 2013 one. Just swap Chili Peppers for The Stones and thats what it was going to be til things broke down in the literal 11th hour.

Edited by Suprefan

1 hour ago, VCK said:

They've played a couple of times, but they're another example of a band who are proven headliners elsewhere but don't really have that general mass appeal to headline Glastonbury. See also: Biffy Clyro, Foals.

Didn't they play halfway down the Other Stage in 2016, the year after they subheadlined Reading and Leeds?

Saw Biffy on Sunday night, I know they arnt everyone’s favourites on here, they were excellent but I reckon other headliners at most. 

It’s funny to see talk of Flo in 2015, I didn’t go to her headline set, I went to see Hot Chip in West Holts and had the night of my life in the naughty corner instead. I will swear until the day I die that at one stage that night in NYC Downlow she was about 3 yards away from me dancing! If it wasn’t her then she has a twin.

I will admit to having drank a full bottle of Kraken that day though.

Edited by CiaranMc
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, CiaranMc said:

It’s funny to see talk of Flo in 2015, I didn’t go to her headline set, I went to see Hot Chip in West Holts and had the night of my life in the naughty corner instead. I will swear until the day I die that at one stage that night in NYC Downlow she was about 3 yards away from me dancing! If it wasn’t her then she has a twin.

I will admit to having drank a full bottle of Kraken that day though.

That was her! We watched her headline - she was great - then went to SE corner and ended up in NYC Downlow. Friend went to the toilet and while she was gone Florence ran onto stage and sang Spectrum - also great - then vanished into the night (presumably when you spotted her dancing). Friend came back from toilet and asked if she’d missed anything 😂

We also found ourselves near Florence in a food queue in West Holts the next day. She certainly got out and about at the fest 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Miathedog said:

That was her! We watched her headline - she was great - then went to SE corner and ended up in NYC Downlow. Friend went to the toilet and while she was gone Florence ran onto stage and sang Spectrum - also great - then vanished into the night (presumably when you spotted her dancing). Friend came back from toilet and asked if she’d missed anything 😂

We also found ourselves near Florence in a food queue in West Holts the next day. She certainly got out and about at the fest 

Ha! brilliant! 

1 hour ago, goonerben said:

Has there been chat about the (very distressing) possibility of a George Ezra headline slot? 

He has a big GSH from 17-29 June, and is playing other shows nearby.  Subbed the Pyramid in 2019 in front of a HUGE crowd, then did the JP secret set in 2022 (which is often a sign of a "proper" slot next time).  And there aren't really many places to go from his 2019 Pyramid slot....

I sincerely hope there is nothing in this - would be disappointed but not at all surprised if he turned up though.

Subbing TRNSMT next year, and has played the last three festivals, so I think we're safe from that.

3 hours ago, Neil said:

The info I have on their Wembley show in july is solid, no idea if there's other shows, my info comes from  someone involved in the Wembley show. 

Is it really July 2023, Neil? Seems to make sense to be 2024 to me. I love Blur, so buzzing to see them again if and when they play live.

7 hours ago, Miathedog said:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fullfathom5 said:

Is it really July 2023, Neil? Seems to make sense to be 2024 to me. I love Blur, so buzzing to see them again if and when they play live.

july 2023. they wouldn't have tried to arrange people for a wrong date.