Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

12 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

From what I've seen on social media the split is pretty even though very few with a "not arsed either way" kind of reaction. Either appalled or made up. Same with most headliners, most years.

I obviously go against the grain as I am absolutely in the not arsed category. 😁

2 minutes ago, Neil said:

accepted.

Right then, here is the bet, the terms laid out below in full view of everyone on this forum. So there is no ambiguity or wiggling out on either side...

If I lose then I will renew the Gold membership I have refused to do since our last falling out.

If I win then you have to apologise to @roughbloke and everyone else you've treated like garbage over the last year or so.

The terms of the bet are as follows:

Neil, you claim that BST will be giving away tickets to GnR at Hyde Park, I say they will not.

For absolute clarity I regard "giving away" as tickets being made available free of charge (with small booking fee and/or a charity donation excepted). Either directly through BST themselves or via a Seat Filling third party.

Ticket discounts, two for one offers or any other promotions do not count. They have to be "free".

These are the terms, do you accept?

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Social media responses are always funny. Facebook had a fucking meltdown when (after being told it was happening for 5 months) Download announced a double Metallica slot. 

Meanwhile it's the fastest selling Download ever apparently. 

It's also probably the most stacked Download lineup in years tbf

9 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

How is GNR at BST selling? I know BST takes a while to sell out just because it’s so expensive but I’d be keen to see how these gigs are doing…

Tickets still available along with Blackpink.

Pink's sold out all "regular" tickets for two dates. Take That, Billy Joel and Bruce also sold out of regular tickets for their single shows. 

Edited by BenG92

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

Thinking back to Emily’s comments about there being dream headliners across both 2022/23, which I was hoping referred to Swifty, I think she must have been referring to Guns and Roses. They feel like quite a personal booking for her. Maybe she’s a big fan and just wants them because she likes them. Fair enough, it’s her festival after all. 

In hindsight she was doing some VERY clear signalling on the GNR front

31 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Right then, here is the bet, the terms laid out below in full view of everyone on this forum. So there is no ambiguity or wiggling out on either side...

If I lose then I will renew the Gold membership I have refused to do since our last falling out.

If I win then you have to apologise to @roughbloke and everyone else you've treated like garbage over the last year or so.

The terms of the bet are as follows:

Neil, you claim that BST will be giving away tickets to GnR at Hyde Park, I say they will not.

For absolute clarity I regard "giving away" as tickets being made available free of charge (with small booking fee and/or a charity donation excepted). Either directly through BST themselves or via a Seat Filling third party.

Ticket discounts, two for one offers or any other promotions do not count. They have to be "free".

These are the terms, do you accept?

this is not going to end well

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

Thinking back to Emily’s comments about there being dream headliners across both 2022/23, which I was hoping referred to Swifty, I think she must have been referring to Guns and Roses. They feel like quite a personal booking for her. Maybe she’s a big fan and just wants them because she likes them. Fair enough, it’s her festival after all. 

There is also that quote from Emily where she explicitly says she wants Guns N Roses at the festival which was mentioned to you on here every time you said there was no real evidence that guns n roses were booked.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Strategic picture disc positioning on the left hand side of that arrangement 

Tact and diplomacy at all times.

Just now, Florian Saucer Attack said:

I never heard of Halloween on the Horizon. I see it's a live album, is the first side just crowd noises because the band starts late?

😄

1 hour ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

Definitely in a minority here, but I felt exactly the same about Paul McCartney, that I 'shouldn't miss it' and ended up leaving half way through and regretting it. If it's not your thing, it's not your thing, imho. 

You make a good point. If I see Elton cos it feels like a big event, and I don't enjoy it cos I'm not really into his music, I may well regret it. Preferably I'll have a better choice elsewhere.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

There is also that quote from Emily where she explicitly says she wants Guns N Roses at the festival which was mentioned to you on here every time you said there was no real evidence that guns n roses were booked.

In fairness, Emily saying she wants an act isn’t actually evidence they’ve been booked.