Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

2 hours ago, Superunknown said:

Well Emily Eavis hasn’t come out and said they’re not headlining no. But bands that are headlining festivals like Neighbourhood Weekender generally aren’t big enough to headline Glasto. 

They’d make a good sub. 

They’ve spread themself across tons of smaller paydays, if they wanted to they could have done a few stadium shows instead, sold them out and then be considered a headliner. Certainly a bigger tour than say Green Day did just done in a different way.

Won’t headline as a result but if they had done a different type of tour they would be far more likely to.

—-

re paolo, was more saying we don’t need to bump up a white male solo artist when we’ve already got heaps of them about and pyramid is looking like GNR AM and Elton. If we add in the Prodigy and Sam Smith (think they are still likely right, would kill it i think!) then its hardly the most diverse 6 main headliners.

edit: also just think paolo is shite

Edited by gfa

23 hours ago, nikkic said:

Can’t speak for Megan as I didn’t see, but I was at CATQ and it was too big a slot for her. 

She had a tiny crowd. 

Shame because it was a great set, but I was there too and managed to have a sit on a bench at the back near the food vans, with a clear view - not many at at all further back than the sound desk. Smallest headline crowd I’ve been in by far. 

19 minutes ago, theciderviking said:

Shame because it was a great set, but I was there too and managed to have a sit on a bench at the back near the food vans, with a clear view - not many at at all further back than the sound desk. Smallest headline crowd I’ve been in by far. 

Chris smashed it out of the park though. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, theciderviking said:

We enjoyed it but I have to say we preferred her 2016 appearance. 

5 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Haha, I love Elton, really looking forward to him, but he totally is a chump and no way he did this cheap. And even at half his usual fee its more than Glasto likes to pay.

Dunno. Ordinarily I’d agree, but he’s about to retire from touring and it’s a huge unticked box which will boost sales/streams. I can see him being advised by his agent and management that this is a good move.