2024 Headliners

2 hours ago, sw25 said:

Girls Aloud would be good for the Lewis Capaldi 3rd from top slot he did this year.

Coldplay - ? - Girls Aloud

Also think McFly deserve a place on the Pyramid this year and they would make a good opening act.

Coldplay - Jay-Z - Girls Aloud to recreate those Wembley 2012 vibes

https://drownedinsound.com/in_depth/4137944-live-review--coldplay-jay-z-and-girls-aloud-at-wembley-stadium-18-09-12

2 hours ago, Ell99 said:

Spoke with my mate who works at a big music company that work closely with Dave. Confirmed that he is playing the pyramid this year but is not headlining. 

Would be a huge booking if true. More or less an admittance that he’s not ever gonna headline the Pyramid which sucks for him, but we the attendees stay winning. 

2 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Would be a huge booking if true. More or less an admittance that he’s not ever gonna headline the Pyramid which sucks for him, but we the attendees stay winning. 

Can’t see it happening based on this. 

Surely he’d have the self belief to think he could headline the whole thing. 

2 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

If you was Dave, would you go for the Other headliner slot instead? 

Surely they'd snap him up for that.

Just now, nikkic said:

Can’t see it happening based on this. 

Surely he’d have the self belief to think he could headline the whole thing. 

Yah this is what I’ve always thought but who knows. Considering he’s definitely not gonna be headlining next year (presumably with a new album out) and then by the time ‘25 comes around it’s too late, maybe he’s seen the writing on the wall and realised it’s probably not gonna work out time-wise for him.

@Gnomicide Not sure where to put this - you're correct about Glastonbury never sharing a headliner with R/L, but just so you're aware re the discussion of R/L headliners playing lower down as Glastonbury, here's a couple of times it's happened before:

2023 Lewis Capaldi booked to headline R/L, played 3rd down Pyramid

2022 Megan Thee Stallion headlined the Other Stage

2016 Foals subbed Pyramid and Disclosure headlined Other

And 2011 Pulp did a secret set as you've already spotted.

So basically it's more of a recent thing, more so with the two main stage thing (and co-headliners) meaning there's some slightly smaller bands headlining. It rules any of them out as headliners, and probably reduces the chance of any of them cropping up elsewhere - but it's still entirely possible that Gerry Cinnamon could show up somewhere (god help us) and I guess in theory so could Catfish. Technically Blink could too but I just can't see it.

Hope that helps 🙂 thanks for all your great work

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

@Gnomicide Not sure where to put this - you're correct about Glastonbury never sharing a headliner with R/L, but just so you're aware re the discussion of R/L headliners playing lower down as Glastonbury, here's a couple of times it's happened before:

So basically it's more of a recent thing, more so with the two main stage thing (and co-headliners) meaning there's some slightly smaller bands headlining. It rules any of them out as headliners, and probably reduces the chance of any of them cropping up elsewhere - but it's still entirely possible that Gerry Cinnamon could show up somewhere (god help us) and I guess in theory so could Catfish. Technically Blink could too but I just can't see it.

Nice one, thanks very much!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wro_lap said:

I think Catfish will play Glastonbury myself, one of the bands that seemed to be a favourite for the festival to book and Van isn't going to turn that down if asked. 3rd down Pyramid on the Friday.

I just kind of assume that MSW headliners now would be effectively either Pyramid sub or Other headliner level. (Notable exception is The 1975, and that's simply because they stepped in for Lewis Capaldi this year.)

It's why I feel Glastonbury got Lana Del Rey right, seeing that she's below Fred Again at R_+L.

7 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I just kind of assume that MSW headliners now would be effectively either Pyramid sub or Other headliner level. (Notable exception is The 1975, and that's simply because they stepped in for Lewis Capaldi this year.)

It's why I feel Glastonbury got Lana Del Rey right, seeing that she's below Fred Again at R_+L.

Yeah, “headlining” that second stage is a glorified sub slot. Ultimately they start and finish before the act on the bigger stage starts and are for all intents and purposes a sub.

Has anyone seen any day splits yet? Guessing Liam, Blink and LDR are the main headliners.

42 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Yeah, “headlining” that second stage is a glorified sub slot. Ultimately they start and finish before the act on the bigger stage starts and are for all intents and purposes a sub.

Has anyone seen any day splits yet? Guessing Liam, Blink and LDR are the main headliners.

Press release seemed to suggest Fred + LDR (with Fred as the proper headline, not Lana); Liam + Catfish; and Blink + Gerry Cinnamon.

7 minutes ago, goonerben said:

Press release seemed to suggest Fred + LDR (with Fred as the proper headline, not Lana); Liam + Catfish; and Blink + Gerry Cinnamon.

Blink & Gerry - Friday

Fred & Lana - Saturday

Liam & Catfish - Sunday

24 minutes ago, goonerben said:

Lol not a chance in the year 2023 for a festival In 2024 then Lana Del Rey is the biggest name out of those 6. 

I know shes currently in the dog house with Glastonbury fans. But her stock elsewhere is massive. 

Independent & Guardian have listed Fred, Lana & Blink as the 3 headliners

Edit - that's also the top 3 in the official Facebook post

Edited by Ben7amin_

3 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Lol not a chance in the year 2023 for a festival In 2024 then Lana Del Rey is the biggest name out of those 6. 

I know shes currently in the dog house with Glastonbury fans. But her stock elsewhere is massive. 

Independent & Guardian have listed Fred, Lana & Blink as the 3 headliners

Well, purely in terms of capability to shift tickets (which to be blunt is the only thing R+L organisers care about), then Liam is the biggest act they have next year by a huge distance. His draw is maybe dented slightly by doing so many other shows (both next year and over the past few), but even so there'll still be a lot of people buying tickets with him as the main name they want to see.

• Upvote 1