2024 Headliners

26 minutes ago, Nobby's Old Boots said:

No I'm not, so I wouldn't be moaning about a certain artist headlining a festival in those other music scenes if I wasn't well across them, purely because of personal taste.

You don't only need to be up to date with the UK Hip Hop scene to know Dave. Both of his albums reached no.1 and he has had a dozen top 10 singles. The uncomfortable fact for a few people is he is headline level now and probably will be for the foreseeable & Emily will know this. Whether you like his music or not is irrelevant.

Maybe some things got lost in translation, but I didn't moan at all? Or at least I never meant to.

I said it's strange for me (as a Belgian dude) to see him in the headliner conversation because he's a rather small act over here. I even ended my post with: "Would be a bummer if he headlines (or even subs) for me, but as there are plenty of other stages around I won't complain offcourse."

I never said he's not worth headlining Glasto. But if he did, it would be a bit disappointing to me (personally), because there are only 3 of those slots. But I'd prefer Dave as a headliner above Coldplay any day, be sure about that.

27 minutes ago, stuie said:

I'm not sure about that.  Not because he's uncomfortable with the fact but I just don't think he's as well known as even the most recent breakthrough headliners, like Billie and Kendrick.  Other stage headliner, yes - comparable to R/L.

He's already headlined R&L on their mainstage. The same stage as Billie and Kendrick...

Dave is much more successful commercially than Kendrick in the UK. I know that doesn't mean he's a bigger act, but if we're talking about Dave not being "well known" enough I don't think that's true.

No Other headliner-level act is topping the R/L main stage except Fred who is getting his massive bump this year.

8 minutes ago, Nobby's Old Boots said:

He's already headlined R&L on their mainstage. The same stage as Billie and Kendrick...

Dave is much more successful commercially than Kendrick in the UK. I know that doesn't mean he's a bigger act, but if we're talking about Dave not being "well known" enough I don't think that's true.

No Other headliner-level act is topping the R/L main stage except Fred who is getting his massive bump this year.

6 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Yeah the talk of Dave playing anywhere other than Pyramid headline is excruciating. It would be insulting for them to offer any lesser slot.

Well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Just now, Nobby's Old Boots said:

Luckily the festival is in the hands of people who will know this. I'm almost certain he's on the list of acts they expect to headline soon.

He's my first guess for 2025.

21 hours ago, goonerben said:

Dave was responsible for one of THE viral Glastonbury moments of recent years.  Headlined Reading + Leeds since then too.  Definitely in the conversation, but IMO wouldn't quite fit with Dua Lipa headlining too - that would be 2 pretty "early career" (vs "established") headliners, which I don't think they'd go for.

Hahaha thanks, yeah I remember seeing that, I always thought the kid was a plant tbh 🤷‍♂️

Not for me, but I hope everyone into Dave gets to see him 😍

5 minutes ago, Starscreenbass said:

I can’t see it being Coldplay to be honest. Like them and they will be a great headliner. And if they do I will be there. Just think it’s too soon and Chris Martin got a lot of stick for constantly turning up. I just don’t think it’s them. Would love this trio though 🙂 x

It'll be eight years between sets, weirdly the longest gap since they became regular headliners.