2024 Headliners

1 minute ago, incident said:

Well, purely in terms of capability to shift tickets (which to be blunt is the only thing R+L organisers care about), then Liam is the biggest act they have next year by a huge distance. His draw is maybe dented slightly by doing so many other shows (both next year and over the past few), but even so there'll still be a lot of people buying tickets with him as the main name they want to see.

The order Reading and Leeds have listed the acts is

Lana Del Rey

Fred Again

Blink 182

Liam

Catfish

Gerry

Raye

Skrillex

Spiritbox

Digga D

I feel like it makes sense for a festival aimed at under 25s 

29 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

The order Reading and Leeds have listed the acts is

Lana Del Rey

Fred Again

Blink 182

Liam

Catfish

Gerry

Raye

Skrillex

Spiritbox

Digga D

I feel like it makes sense for a festival aimed at under 25s 

Liam's the biggest act they've got by some distance there. I read the ordering as:

Fri: Fred/Lana co headline (wouldn't be a shock if they switched places at Leeds)

Sat: Blink

Sun: Liam

22 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Liam's the biggest act they've got by some distance there. I read the ordering as:

Fri: Fred/Lana co headline (wouldn't be a shock if they switched places at Leeds)

Sat: Blink

Sun: Liam

Lana, Fred & BLink are the three headliners 

Liam is on the second stage  

I'm not giving you an opinion just repeating what has been reported

20 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

So depressing seeing Catfish back at the top end of festival line-ups. I thought they'd been vanquished for good.

The sheer lack of anything guitar-y rising up the ranks these days means that acts like them who appeared right at the tail end of rock’s demise are laughing as everybody cheers their ‘comeback’ after barely being away. 

See also bands like Razorlight selling out big venues when they should be relegated to hosting karaoke nights down the local.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cinnamoncola said:

Thought the same. I wish Liam and Lana were on the same day!

And yeah, according to Ticketmaster it's

Blink/Gerry

Fred/Lana

Liam/Catfish

so Blink, Fred, Liam are the "proper" headliners 

Wow fair play then the article I read was wrong seems Crazy LDR is not a main headliner given she is mega popular right now..

7 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Wow fair play then the article I read was wrong seems Crazy LDR is not a main headliner given she is mega popular right now..

Not exactly a party starting act to end your night with so I get it. Dubious over how well she’ll go down at all with that crowd. Hopefully she turns up on time!

17 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Not exactly a party starting act to end your night with so I get it. Dubious over how well she’ll go down at all with that crowd. Hopefully she turns up on time!

If she's late at Reading they'll have the bottles of piss ready and set fire to stuff.

31 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Given Lana's form for poster based histrionics it's not a massive shock to see her billed higher than she's actually playing. Guessing R/L will really play up the "co-headliner" thing between her and Fred.

10 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Given Lana's form for poster based histrionics it's not a massive shock to see her billed higher than she's actually playing. Guessing R/L will really play up the "co-headliner" thing between her and Fred.

Lol she will never live that down, though I still remain surprised she would not be top bill.  Obviously "bigger act" is a subjective term and hard to measure and I'm not claiming the below as a scientific fact (and aware there are a lot of other factors) 

I just had a look at the spotify monthly listeners

The Total of Blink 182 + Oasis + Liam Solo + Fred Again  is 53.3 million

Lana Del Rey alone has 56.4 million

So you can perhaps see why it might come as a shock to her to not be a headliner

Given she dominates the others on present day streaming listeners. 

3 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Lol she will never live that down, though I still remain surprised she would not be top bill.  Obviously "bigger act" is a subjective term and hard to measure and I'm not claiming the below as a scientific fact (and aware there are a lot of other factors) 

I just had a look at the spotify monthly listeners

The Total of Blink 182 + Oasis + Liam Solo + Fred Again  is 53.3 million

Lana Del Rey alone has 56.4 million

So you can perhaps see why it might come as a shock to her to not be a headliner

Given she dominates the others on present day streaming listeners. 

That's ignoring the fact that Reading/Leeds are in the UK and we have our own preferences here. 

To use the ongoing example when we flog this point, Bad Bunny has 80m monthly Spotlify listeners and he's not headlining anything here in the foreseeable.

12 minutes ago, stuie said:

That's ignoring the fact that Reading/Leeds are in the UK and we have our own preferences here. 

To use the ongoing example when we flog this point, Bad Bunny has 80m monthly Spotlify listeners and he's not headlining anything here in the foreseeable.

Maybe a day at South Facing. Maybe.

3 minutes ago, JayDiesel said:

True, but she did sell Hyde Park out last year in a day or somethng mad. None of the other headliners would do that apart from Liam

Fred Again would i reckon. And Lana’s capacity was reduced I think. 

26 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

As of BST this year she's UK festival headliner sized. Granted that was on a reduced capacity, but she sold it out instantly and I reckon could have filled the place.

If TRNSMT don't have the wherewithal to book her O hope at least she still dies a gig on Glasgow Green.

I think she’s a “UK headline exclusive”, whatever that means but I think Glasgow Summer Sessions is coming back to Bellahouston in August, she’d be a good fit there.