2024 Headliners

25 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Yep and I've lost count but over 100 plus other fake posters like it as well. I love that people go to the effort but nothing to take seriously.

Done a reverse image search on google and you're right, looks like a rehashed version of the one posted on reddit 6 months ago

49 minutes ago, foolsgold1981 said:

Oh, it was lovely. Some of the spoken-word stuff was a little fluffy at times, but to hear those songs, in such an intimate environment, probably for the final time was just spine-tingling

Yeah I'll take a few minutes of bad poetry in exchange for some S&G classics.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

Would be a dream legend slot for me. They’d volley it to the moon and back. I’d take the lm headlining if that’s all they’ll do.

Saw them as a headliner a few years back. TUNES! SLB hugely impressive. Discussed on 'ere before. Whacky the festival has ignored them to date.

6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Sounds like discussions have happened, just not to a mutually satisfactory outcome.

1980s pop not something the fest has supported much, as noted previously. A shame. I can't think of George Michael without wistfully imagining what could have been.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

1980s pop not something the fest has supported much, as noted previously. A shame. I can't think of George Michael without wistfully imagining what could have been.

I think of George Michael & Prince as the two stand out Glastonbury ‘moments’ that could have been, but sadly never will be. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Saw them as a headliner a few years back. TUNES! SLB hugely impressive. Discussed on 'ere before. Whacky the festival has ignored them to date.

Get the feeling they haven’t connected. The Durannies haven’t been happy with what’s been offered and there’s an impasse.

25 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I think of George Michael & Prince as the two stand out Glastonbury ‘moments’ that could have been, but sadly never will be. 

. and George Harrison.

10 minutes ago, turkey twizzler said:

Don't understand why everyone is suddenly hot on Green Day playing when they've been confirmed an IOW exclusive? By that logic Robbie Williams is still on the cards despite being BST exclusive. 

And Billy Joel with his European Exclusive at Cardiff

11 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

"Everyone"

One person has dropped a rumour about it - majority of respondees are sceptical.

Ok 'everyone' maybe an exaggeration but it seems there was a couple of pages of with a few people batting it around as a potential.

Tbh I don't mind it. It's more that if that's the case I want to also have naïve hope about Robbie Williams, and noone is enabling it for me.

Edited by turkey twizzler

Just now, turkey twizzler said:

Ok 'everyone' maybe an exaggeration but it seems there was a couple of pages of with a few people batting it around as a potential.

Tbh I don't mind it. It's more that if that's the case I want to also have naïve hope about Robbie Williams, and noone is allowing it for me.

Robbie will play the Legends Slot at some point, but clearly not this year.

As for Green Day, at this point I dunno if they're either more likely or less likely than SZA. I wouldn't see the IOW exclusive as that big of a blocker in the grand scheme of things.

2 minutes ago, turkey twizzler said:

When we're talking about a hypothetical / long shot like that, it'd get cumbersome if everyone had to qualify every statement with "if indeed XYZ does turn out to be correct".

Admittedly that might make people seem more certain than they are, at least to someone who's only dipping in and out of the thread, but so be it.