2024 Headliners

19 minutes ago, tomf3 said:

Can someone recommend some good Dua Lipa tracks to get hyped for her set? I've tried listening to some of her big tracks on Spotify and it all sounded super generic, but as everyone's so excited about her I assume there are some album tracks that are really great?

I'd say just go and see someone else.

Dua's Primavera set didn't work for me; just felt like her arena set had been plonked into the festival. I felt like I was watching a show but not part of it, if that makes any sense?

2 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

Dua's Primavera set didn't work for me; just felt like her arena set had been plonked into the festival. I felt like I was watching a show but not part of it, if that makes any sense?

I was just about to say the same thing. There'll be so much else! 

6 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

have to hard disagree, thought her primavera set was awesome fun and she felt like a pyramid headliner. 

• Upvote 1

As a mid 40 year old male I would be beyond stoked if SZA headlines - fell in love with her first album and listened to nothing else for a whole summer. 

So stoked I have signed up to this forum for it.

Edited by Jim188
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

Yeah fair it's probably the right answer. I just quite like to see at least one pyramid headliner and Coldplay is a big No, and the 3rd headliner seems like it could be absolutely anybody (although SZA would be a goodun). 

1 minute ago, Skip997 said:

Calm down folks, the Pyramid isn’t where it’s at.

This is obviously very true as well (100% true in the daytime), but you do get certain moments at the pyramid that are incredibly special 

3 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

have to hard disagree, thought her primavera set was awesome fun and she felt like a pyramid headliner. 

Yeah, lots of people seemed to enjoy it and I can certainly understand why. Agree she should be headlining the Pyramid too.

I just personally felt disconnected from it so no point forcing things. If it's not for you, just go and see something else.

7 minutes ago, Jim188 said:

As a mid 40 year old male I would be beyond stoked if SZA headlines - fell in love with her first album and listened to nothing else for a whole summer. 

So stoked I have signed up to this forum for it.

Ah welcome 

38 minutes ago, tomf3 said:

Can someone recommend some good Dua Lipa tracks to get hyped for her set? I've tried listening to some of her big tracks on Spotify and it all sounded super generic, but as everyone's so excited about her I assume there are some album tracks that are really great?

Just listen to Future Nostalgia.  If you don't like that, you ain't gonna like the set.

9 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

Yeah, lots of people seemed to enjoy it and I can certainly understand why. Agree she should be headlining the Pyramid too.

I just personally felt disconnected from it so no point forcing things. If it's not for you, just go and see something else.

So true and 100% the right thing to do. If SZA is the headliner ill be doing the same. love her but not what i want from my Glastonbury headliner, energy wise. id pay to see her at her own gig but not at glastonbury. might sound weird that but just the way i feel about it.

44 minutes ago, tomf3 said:

Sorry, that's all you're going to find.

27 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Why not?

I'm guessing I'm not in the typical age demographic of people that listen to her? I'm not interested in her music from what I've heard, and it's probably partly down to that.

Not because I don't like SZA or support the decision for her to headline (my partner has her constantly in our home rotation) but I BEG that she clashes with Justice (who in my head are confirmed) so I can go see them. I made a pact with my partner we would both go see Coldplay together after she was too unwell to see them at a festival together in 2011 and she is really excited about them playing and tbh so am I.

now someone please crush my dreams with their touring dates not allowing a clash like this.

1 minute ago, SilverLining said:

Not because I don't like SZA or support the decision for her to headline (my partner has her constantly in our home rotation) but I BEG that she clashes with Justice (who in my head are confirmed) so I can go see them. I made a pact with my partner we would both go see Coldplay together after she was too unwell to see them at a festival together in 2011 and she is really excited about them playing and tbh so am I.

now someone please crush my dreams with their touring dates not allowing a clash like this.

as of right now they are free all 3 nights... hoping for the same as you tbh

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

But we know Jungle are headlining EH on the Saturday, so it's still 50 / 50.

Is the WH field comfortable for a huge crowd as if this clash does happen, I can imagine it will be very busy after the legendary status of their last show at Glasto!