2024 Headliners

1 minute ago, Alex DeLarge said:

Not sure why there's so much animosity today. Maybe because it's Monday and people are antsy for an announcement?

I'm surprised at people on here of all places acting like there's no chance people on the Disc0rd/ elsewhere get info before official announcements. It's their choice to share with us, and it's your choice to believe or not. But if someone's been right last time about a good portion of the line-up (as they were) I'm going to believe them. If you think there's no way someone would know outside of guessing and everyone's full of rubbish - that's your opinion. 

I guess for me as its not been mentioned im not sure because I dont know who the actually person is thats mentioned it , just heard initially that it got sourced via reddit ( wrongly ) but Chinese whispers and all and many on here wont have the foggiest who these people are and their history either here or there , things have change slightly over the last few years as to how this info is sourced .... it used to just get listed on the lineup rumour page here and people could make decisions from that , unless people have been around these forums for several years I doubt many will know who's legit and who's not . Im certainly learning of some new ones this year that id not heard of before as things change . Theres many sources id trust and many im working out wether I do or not , all a bit of a minefield at the moment 

13 minutes ago, M42 said:

You know this has to happen at somepoint right? If you get older and move away from what’s current lineups will start becoming unfamiliar.

Yeah I get that. I was simply stating a fact. The joke was on me.

16 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I guess for me as its not been mentioned im not sure because I dont know who the actually person is thats mentioned it , just heard initially that it got sourced via reddit ( wrongly ) but Chinese whispers and all and many on here wont have the foggiest who these people are and their history either here or there , things have change slightly over the last few years as to how this info is sourced .... it used to just get listed on the lineup rumour page here and people could make decisions from that , unless people have been around these forums for several years I doubt many will know who's legit and who's not . Im certainly learning of some new ones this year that id not heard of before as things change . Theres many sources id trust and many im working out wether I do or not , all a bit of a minefield at the moment 

Good luck finding a Lego SZA figure.

24 minutes ago, M42 said:

SZA booking has restored my faith in the festival tbh. I got a bit worried with how uninspired the AM and GNR bookings were last year. I can understand why they booked GNR, don’t get me wrong, but I think when a slot comes available they should take more of a punt. Especially when they already had a mega headliner like Elton bagged.

100% agree. Booking both SZA and Dua Lipa this year would be a pretty pivotal moment for the festival. It would show they are looking forwards not backwards and it'd probably mark a bit of a change in glastonbury's audience into the future.

I wasn't believing SZA headlining yesterday because it's not something glastonbury would usually do but I have hope they do it now.

7 minutes ago, matrainertje said:

So now we have these as our main contenders so far?

Dua Lipa - Coldplay - SZA

The National - Shania Twain - Pulp 

Liam G. & John S. - Janelle Monae - The Smile

all rumoured, with the exception of LG & JS who despite a lot of noise a couple of weeks ago was walked back.

I think there is more speculation behind some than others.

1 hour ago, ghostdancer1 said:

SZA would pull a very small crowd by Pyramid headliner standards. Would probably pull a bigger crowd as a sub with less competition.

The National would also pull a very small crowd by headliner standards, although I reckon a Glastonbury crowd is much closer demographically to a National fanbase, than a SZA fanbase. They don't have enough mainstream appeal to headline though, regardless of who's actually "on the ground" at Worthy Farm.

O-Rod would pull a small crowd by headliner standards, but bigger than both. Has enough mainstream appeal to do it IMO.

O-Rod headlining, The National Other headliner, SZA Pyramid sub feels like the right placement, if all are playing.

Sounds more plausible if me/our group are a representative sample (c. 40 people between 17 - 55 y.o)  Only 4 out of the group have even heard of SZA, but everyone would be up for O-Rod.

1 hour ago, FloopFiller said:

ORod most likely not playing or yeah, she’d be getting the headliner gig. Not doing any festivals this year so most likely gonna headline Glastonbury along with a bunch of other festivals in the near future rather than do Glastonbury as another one off.

I don't think O-Rod is playing, but she also didn't play any other festivals in 2022, except Glastonbury.  In fact, of around 100 shows in her career so far, G2022 is the ONLY festival she's ever played.  

But none of this matters, because SZA is headlining. 

If you can tell the quality of bookings by the type of people they annoy, Glastonbury 2024 looks set to be an all-timer.  Almost by accident (having had 2 headliners pull out), we could be on for:

• Coldplay - 10th most listened-to act in the world, and a world festival exclusive.
  • Dua Lipa - 8th most listened-to act in the world, and a likely world premiere for most of her upcoming album/set/show.
  • SZA - 13th most listened-to act in the world, and the most streamed album of last year.
  • 2/3 female headliners, plus a female legend.

The haters are going to hate it - can't wait for the poster drop...

I'm not saying the National must headline, but they would do a great job (personally feel better than SZA) and that Glasto demographic on a Sunday means they pull a slightly bigger midsized crowd to SZA (it'll be the smallest Pyramid Sunday crowd in recent memory) and smaller than O-Rod which I would say would be standard big sized, not mega. 

The Taylor swift appearance will be wild too. 

3 minutes ago, Superscally said:

I'm not saying the National must headline, but they would do a great job (personally feel better than SZA) and that Glasto demographic on a Sunday means they pull a slightly bigger midsized crowd to SZA (it'll be the smallest Pyramid Sunday crowd in recent memory) and smaller than O-Rod which I would say would be standard big sized, not mega. 

The Taylor swift appearance will be wild too. 

Ha she'd have to have a fast helicopter to get back to Ireland. 

For me personally, this is shaping up to be an all-time stinker of a lineup. Very little interest in seeing the three rumoured Pyramid headliners.

Possibly says more about me than the festival, but I am currently anticipating that anyone on the lineup that I am interested in I could see elsewhere for much less money.

Really hoping we get something really out of the blue when this poster finally drops.

Can someone recommend some good Dua Lipa tracks to get hyped for her set? I've tried listening to some of her big tracks on Spotify and it all sounded super generic, but as everyone's so excited about her I assume there are some album tracks that are really great?

6 minutes ago, tomf3 said:

Can someone recommend some good Dua Lipa tracks to get hyped for her set? I've tried listening to some of her big tracks on Spotify and it all sounded super generic, but as everyone's so excited about her I assume there are some album tracks that are really great?

Having been in a smiliar position not knowing who she was, and my cursory shuffle on Spotify last week I think you were right first time 😄

I'm 46 though so she isn't aimed at me 🙂

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, K2SO said:

For me personally, this is shaping up to be an all-time stinker of a lineup. Very little interest in seeing the three rumoured Pyramid headliners.

Such a shame there are only those three acts on the bill. It's going to be a long, boring five days.

Edited by smogo
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, tomf3 said:

I actually think its worth just listening to Future Nostalgia from start to finish. Also loved Electricity, highly underrated single of hers (collab with Silk City).

2 minutes ago, Joshuwarr said:

I actually think its worth just listening to Future Nostalgia from start to finish. Also loved Electricity, highly underrated single of hers (collab with Silk City).

Awesome thank you