2024 Headliners

13 minutes ago, snoochie1981 said:

The Way Out West site makes it look as though Pulp are below/subbing. Fred Again.. on the Friday
https://www.wayoutwest.se/line-up/

Hopefully this means they are willing to take non-headline slots and is a good sign for them appearing in a similar slot in June

I imagine it is Pulp headlining with Fred doing a closing set. Makes me think though Fred may be top big to headline Other next year, what is the potential chance they take the gamble and Fred is the first electronic act to headline the Pyramid in years.

Edited by northernangel

On 2/21/2024 at 10:48 AM, Crazyfool01 said:

This thread is relatively short because of the early information …. Once the headliners get announced it will become quieter as there is no speculation . I’m pretty sure we’ve had well over 1000pages on this thread in other years 

People who think this is bad weren't around for the great headliner thread binfire of 2015.

Fred on the cusp of joining my pool of younger British headline options. Outright topping R+L does put him in the same bracket as Dave, Sam Fender, The 1975, and so forth.

Only thing working against him is what has felt like an aversion to DJs on the top spot, but hey, it's got to break some day.

1 hour ago, snoochie1981 said:

The Way Out West site makes it look as though Pulp are below/subbing Fred Again.. on the Friday
https://www.wayoutwest.se/line-up/

Hopefully this means they are willing to take non-headline slots and is a good sign for them appearing in a similar slot in June

Dont think Pulp have ever had that kind of arrogance that they "Need" to be the headliner. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Fred on the cusp of joining my pool of younger British headline options. Outright topping R+L does put him in the same bracket as Dave, Sam Fender, The 1975, and so forth.

Only thing working against him is what has felt like an aversion to DJs on the top spot, but hey, it's got to break some day.

Also the fact that he is sh*t 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Dont think Pulp have ever had that kind of arrogance that they "Need" to be the headliner. 

I think there has been a suggestion that they only want to headline based on their shows last summer and this. FWIW, I agree with you and believe they are realistic of where they would likely play, especially as the last time they played was a secret set on Park

2 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I can't see that changing.

Maybe, at a stretch, some point in the future for a live electronic act but never for a DJ set.

Glasto just don't need to do this - plenty of other suitable large stages. 

This is the festival that Calvin Harris plays for tickets.  He'd headline literally any other festival in the world for ££££££. 

Edited by stuie

16 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Fred isn’t a DJ set though so if he nails Reading/Leeds he’s front and centre for headlining Glasto. 

Personally, I think there's an inevitability about him headlining the Pyramid, if he continues on this trajectory. Throw in a hit album, a couple big collaborations and he might be set around 2026. Of course there's always a chance he could drop right off but he's incredibly popular right now, especially with the R&L crowd (so they're getting him at exactly the right time). There's a half-decent chance he'll be the first electronic act to headline since 2005

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Personally, I think there's an inevitability about him headlining the Pyramid, if he continues on this trajectory. Throw in a hit album, a couple big collaborations and he might be set around 2026. Of course there's always a chance he could drop right off but he's incredibly popular right now, especially with the R&L crowd (so they're getting him at exactly the right time). There's a half-decent chance he'll be the first electronic act to headline since 2005

I agree, but I also thought there was an inevitability to The 1975 doing it as well.

Fred, Dave, Fender are all now in that category of next album will see them hit that height or drop off a la Foals. 

Hope he gets it, mainly just to see Scally’s head melt off. 

48 minutes ago, nikkic said:

I agree, but I also thought there was an inevitability to The 1975 doing it as well.

Fred, Dave, Fender are all now in that category of next album will see them hit that height or drop off a la Foals. 

Hope he gets it, mainly just to see Scally’s head melt off. 

I think 2025 could easily be Fred, Fender and Rihanna. It might come down to whether Glastonbury want to get him now or risk it slightly later.

Edited by northernangel

5 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Played to +40k at Electric Picnic last year... was ok.

Reviews will be incredible from R&L no doubt - and many loved the EP set

Not saying your opinion is wrong but in the grand scheme he did that set and is now doing R&L - clearly it was decent enough for a boost up their lineups

5 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Its not an aversion - they just aren't big enough except the shite EDM ones who clearly wouldn't get the call up at the time, when popstars like Rihanna also wouldn't have but are now more of a consideration.

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Imo at least - older stuff was decent but heaps of what he is releasing recently is complete crap but people still lap it up, i guess it leans more towards rap etc which is helping him expand to other audiences a bit

He'd have to really f**k up to not maintain current momentum i think

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Imo at least - older stuff was decent but heaps of what he is releasing recently is complete crap but people still lap it up, i guess it leans more towards rap etc which is helping him expand to other audiences a bit

He'd have to really f**k up to not maintain current momentum i think

I'm of a similar view, I'd be surprised if he sustains and increases his intensity through to 2025/26 to be headlining the pyramid.