2024 Headliners

Olivia may have agreed to sub but also be available to bump up, if someone else fell down. She is too big for it, but perhaps Sunday subbing to Stevie or Coldplay and then saving the headline slot for the first stadium tour would work.

Clearly she was way too big for Other Stage 5pm in 2022 - by rights she should have already been subbing the Pyramid.

The festival going for Stevie over here is so conservative that it's almost detrimental to the brand. The festival transitioned to the millennial crowd extremely well, but there's not very much to get excited about on the rumours if you're at 20 year old at uni - which was when me and my friends all became lifelong customers.

Edited by Porcelina

1 hour ago, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

Hmmmm. Not sure about this Olivia “info” - whole delivery seems strange. Or maybe she’s headlining the “main stage” in the same way as Lana Del Ray last year (ie The Other)?

Peace out. 

Not buying it either 

2 hours ago, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

Hmmmm. Not sure about this Olivia “info” - whole delivery seems strange. Or maybe she’s headlining the “main stage” in the same way as Lana Del Ray last year (ie The Other)?

Peace out. 

We need an announcement soon before we go further and further down the rabbit hole.

It'll be soon right?

10 hours ago, Alex DeLarge said:

If someone didn't like Elton John, would that be a bad booking?

They could find it a bad booking for them yes, considering his voice being gone etc etc have long been talking points. So a booking that is too late comes in to question. I saw Elton at Glastonbury because he was there and I had no other option I was even bothered for. I didn't need him there nor was I fussed if it was a different headliner.

1 hour ago, Porcelina said:

Olivia may have agreed to sub but also be available to bump up, if someone else fell down. She is too big for it, but perhaps Sunday subbing to Stevie or Coldplay and then saving the headline slot for the first stadium tour would work.

Clearly she was way too big for Other Stage 5pm in 2022 - by rights she should have already been subbing the Pyramid.

The festival going for Stevie over here is so conservative that it's almost detrimental to the brand. The festival transitioned to the millennial crowd extremely well, but there's not very much to get excited about on the rumours if you're at 20 year old at uni - which was when me and my friends all became lifelong customers.

None of that is fact at all. She was on academy tour Jesus.

Edited by northernangel

51 minutes ago, Porcelina said:

She had the single biggest hit of 2021 and could have played 10 nights at Hammersmith. Tickets were impossible to get.

Could have means nothing. I'm talking facts.

18 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

A top line of Dua Lipa, Coldplay and Olivia Rodrigo would be more R1 one big weekend than it is Glastonbury. 

Agreed 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Superscally said:

The only logical replacement for Madonna is Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds

If you were to suggest a few albums of Nick Cave's, what would they be? I tried to start from the beginning a while back (already knew a handful of tracks), but really could not get into it at all. Willing to revisit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Krisesk said:

I think Olivia Rodrigo gets the Lizzo treatment. Top of the poster but sub-headlining. 

That's not the worst call you know. Coldplay, Stevie with a double bill of Dua Lipa and Olivia in an extended set. Top of the bill with those plus Shania Twain gives 3 female acts out of the 5. Not saying its going to happen but it's viable. I don't think Dua Lipa is beyond sharing that spot in some way in England.

Sting and Pulp to take the other slots.

Edited by northernangel
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, gherkin8r said:

Putting Steve f**king wonder as headliner above Olivia Rodrigo is so conservative its damaging to the brand. 

This is the content I am here for. 

Stevie to sub Olivia Rodrigo? 😂😂

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Are we of the agreement Rodrigo is at headliner level right now? I'd argue she is, but could also conceivably be a sub if we had an obscenely strong trio elsewhere.

Yes for me. But that sort of ‘strong sub, not Top Tier headliner’ position. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stokesy10 said:

If you were to suggest a few albums of Nick Cave's, what would they be? I tried to start from the beginning a while back (already knew a handful of tracks), but really could not get into it at all. Willing to revisit. 

The Boatman’s Call or The Good Son are probably good places to start. 

Cave however can get in the bin now as far as I’m concerned. 

On 1/23/2024 at 7:29 PM, discgoesmic said:

I’d see Green Day over almost anything though, similar to you. Im going to the Manchester show the week before to hear Dookie and American Idiot in full!

I’ll be at that show. Has it been confirmed that they’re playing those albums in full?

5 hours ago, Porcelina said:

She should have been higher than she was in 2022 but subbing? Nah that’s about right this year, an album later. The line up as a whole will be full of music for younger people. Like Dua Lipa (and in fact judging by last time I saw them, Coldplay).

On 1/25/2024 at 3:56 PM, NorthernSoul52 said:

Might as well mull guest spots:

Stevie Wonder: N/A

Dua Lipa: Elton John

Coldplay: Stormzy

On 1/25/2024 at 4:03 PM, stuie said:

Stevie Wonder: Chris Martin

Dua Lipa: Chris Martin

Coldplay: Brandon Flowers

Chris Martin  has just scored for Bristol Rovers😉😊, such a multitalented chap.