2024 Headliners

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Everything would have clashed anyway.

We know Lana and Kendrick wouldn't have, and they were the best two on the lineup.

37 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

when I get a chance tomorrow ill try and setup a thread with info available for each band there's info on , then people can go straight to it ... unless someone wants to beat me to it 

I think having another thread about 2024 headliners will just end up splitting the thread and having two on the go about the same thing. 

Edited by stuie

12 minutes ago, stuie said:

I think having another thread about 2024 headliners will just end up splitting the thread and having two on the go about the same thing. 

Plus, isn't that a similar thing to what this very useful spreadsheet is, but watered down?

7 hours ago, Little Andy said:

If you're like me and loved the first couple of albums but then got lost, make sure you've tried Ghost Stories from, I think, 2014.

Everiday Life is a rare recent joy too. But from MX era the band is so boring and so calculated

11 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Insane as it sounds, there definitely was where we were in the pit.

With the hour changeover and the prospect of a 2-3 hour Macca set, I think you can safely assume that people needed to empty their bladders and get refreshments too. I doubt those up front for Noel who left the pit after his set weren't in the field for Macca too. 

Edited by Harmonic Prospector

15 hours ago, Dark Star said:

2022 was probably the best balanced year for a long time. 
Dua and O-Rod would be too, if that happens this year. 
Stormzy gotta be worth a shout on his next album cycle? Or will he be collecting millions from mega stadiums by then? 

I don't think he even managed to sell out his APE day last year 

Yeah Stormzy ain’t headlining Glastonbury again. He probably peaked with Glastonbury and the release of his second album after but he’s kind of dropped off a little since and interest seems to have waned. Not saying he couldn’t come back from that, but very much seems like a one and done to me at this point. 

1 hour ago, FloopFiller said:

Yeah Stormzy ain’t headlining Glastonbury again. He probably peaked with Glastonbury and the release of his second album after but he’s kind of dropped off a little since and interest seems to have waned. Not saying he couldn’t come back from that, but very much seems like a one and done to me at this point. 

Yep. In terms of the post-2012 fallow year, the time has most certainly gone for Mumford & Sons, Arcade Fire, Kasabian, Kanye West, The Who and Stormzy, for one reason or another.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, stuie said:

I mean the solution is to have the rumours page kept up to date so people can check the latest at a glance (I understand that this takes work that I’m not contributing to) 

2 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

Cos he's cack.

1 hour ago, On The Blend said:

I mean the solution is to have the rumours page kept up to date so people can check the latest at a glance (I understand that this takes work that I’m not contributing to) 

I’ve offer to help with this, awaiting a reply

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, On The Blend said:
14 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Has Stevie Wonder any 2024 gigs confirmed?

As far as I can see, the last time he played a proper concert was 2019?

His official website linked from twitter doesn't exist anymore, and the only other official-looking one I can find was last updated in 2015.....

Expand  

TBA BST show apparently 

"Apparently".

So absolutely zero to suggest that he's active, and hasn't been for 5 years?

If he's coming out of semi-retirement, I'd imagine it'll be US dates, not for two days in fields in the UK.

I feel this is a rhetorical question, but any sign of him being rumoured for other European tour dates/festivals?

Edited by ghostdancer1

8 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

"Apparently".

If he's coming out of semi-retirement, I'd imagine it'll be US dates, not for two days in fields in the UK.

I feel this is a rhetorical question, but any sign of him being rumoured for other European tour dates/festivals?

Doesn't make any sense does it. 

I still think Madge and Emily have deployed the Stevie Wonder AI to throw us off the scent. 

10 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

"Apparently".

Were you at the show in Dublin mate?