2024 Headliners

1 hour ago, JayDiesel said:

In terms of headliners, Gaga is miles ahead of all other the other possibilities in terms of an 'exciting' act. Compared to Bruce and Madonna, she's a lightning bolt of fun; Bruce is fine, but who hasn't seen Bruce that wants to by this point?

I see the appeal of Madonna's legend status, but I'm unsure how much I'd trust the actual act to be any good

Have to agree - Gaga would be a blockbuster booking if it happened.  Madonna would also be a big get and I would definitely be there, but I could imagine Gaga putting on a far better show.  Would love it to be both of them

6 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

ok so info received is that Madonna is playing Hyde Park in June , now I can't vouch for accuracy but im going to share it anyway , hopefully someone might be able to definitively say its true or not .... happy to receive DMS . 

Wonder if that means a clash or convenient gap in the schedule? 

19 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

ok so info received is that Madonna is playing Hyde Park in June , now I can't vouch for accuracy but im going to share it anyway , hopefully someone might be able to definitively say its true or not .... happy to receive DMS . 

Can vouch for the info. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

What happened to O Rod being a lock of a headliner. Oh thats right, reverting to the mean is usually the course of action.

Do you speak with such grating sarcasm in real life? 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

If Madonna is at BST that's gotta make her all but a lock, right?

Yep! It means she's adjusted her elaborate show to fit a festival stage.

Just now, On The Blend said:

Doesn't mean she's adjusted her expectations on what fee is worth getting out of bed for...

But it makes taking the cut for Glastonbury more viable if she pairs it with a big payday from BST.

3 minutes ago, On The Blend said:

Doesn't mean she's adjusted her expectations on what fee is worth getting out of bed for...

She wants her Elton moment before retirement and she's just made a gazillion dollars from her tour. 

There isn't a better ending really. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Neville Street said:

Sorry for the reminiscence in the wrong thread, but just found these 2 photos from the Sunday that year (2009). We saw this sign outside a kind of tea tent place along the top by where Glastonbury on Sea is now. And the other picture is the people in the tent.

We had to have some Magic Punch ourselves.

And then we missed Tom Jones legend set for some reason 🙂

The punch was great!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Best post on 'ere in years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Ah yeah. As we've been saying, any outdoor shows announced around that time and yeah, shes in.

5 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Was everyone in attendance suitably blown away by his performance in 2009 and would there be any difference in a set the second time round? I know his live shows are supposed to be fantastic, but I can't say that I've seen that reaction from anyone who was there the last time out. Personally, I swerved him, so I can't comment, just interested to see what the thoughts are from those who were there

Probably my least favourite of 20 odd Bruce shows, not least because he just didn't get the crowd going. Playing the Joe Strummer cover at the beginning (which most didn't know) was a nice touch but the wrong place in the set, first encore was the place for that. Should've come out with a couple of big hitters people knew. 

4 hours ago, henry bear said:

If he is doing Glasto that's an odd schedule - playing Netherlands, lugging all the band, crew and gear over here and then back to Belgium, which is next door to Netherlands

It's an easy schedule. Glastonbury and Werchter both use existing setups. All that needs to be moved is band, instruments and crew. No need to transport stages. Easy Money, if you will (apart from G don't pay anything like the normal fee). 

Still don't believe it's Bruce though. Reckon the Madge/Dua/Oldplay is nailed on. 

13 minutes ago, Dark Star said:

Probably my least favourite of 20 odd Bruce shows, not least because he just didn't get the crowd going. Playing the Joe Strummer cover at the beginning (which most didn't know) was a nice touch but the wrong place in the set, first encore was the place for that. Should've come out with a couple of big hitters people knew. 

It's an easy schedule. Glastonbury and Werchter both use existing setups. All that needs to be moved is band, instruments and crew. No need to transport stages. Easy Money, if you will (apart from G don't pay anything like the normal fee). 

Still don't believe it's Bruce though. Reckon the Madge/Dua/Oldplay is nailed on. 

Deffo my least favourite of 20 odd Bruce shows.