2024 Headliners

17 hours ago, Neil said:

2000, (i think?) was that.

14 hours ago, Scotdy said:

They have headlined the Pyramid. It was Ok, not legendary though. I remember it being loud.

Its not happening but their show 23 years ago is nothing like it was back then - far better finish and obviously a larger back catalogue

https://vintagenclassic.com/product/rage-against-the-machine-concert-tour/

Rage Against the Machine is not currently on tour, but they have announced a comeback tour for 2024. The tour will begin on March 26, 2024, in El Paso, Texas, and will end on October 19, 2024, in Los Angeles, California. The tour will feature support from Run the Jewels.

any truth in this??

20 minutes ago, MK1 said:

Rage Against the Machine is not currently on tour, but they have announced a comeback tour for 2024. The tour will begin on March 26, 2024, in El Paso, Texas, and will end on October 19, 2024, in Los Angeles, California. The tour will feature support from Run the Jewels.

any truth in this??

Don’t give me hope. 

edit: I have just seen that this is a t-shirt store. Hope has been duly stifled. 

Edited by On The Blend

3 hours ago, MK1 said:

any truth in this??

I think RTJ are taking a break for a bit after the last run of recent shows in the US, which would suggest it's not true. Of course, they were the previous tour support prior to the cancellation. Would love to see that tour lineup resurrected though. 

RATM were made for the Pyramid. With the state of the world over the past 7 or 8 years, those tunes have never felt so relevant. The band and festival feels like a good match, socio-politically.

3 minutes ago, Havors said:

Nah. Live Nation pay the moolah they could easily have her on.. I would say the only question is would they put her on? does she appeal to the 17 year old crowd? 😄 

I doubt they would want to cough up for her - she would be incredibly expensive

For the price they pay she'd have to be perfect for the target audience e.g. how AM are - and she just isn't that anymore imo

3 minutes ago, gfa said:

I doubt they would want to cough up for her - she would be incredibly expensive

For the price they pay she'd have to be perfect for the target audience e.g. how AM are - and she just isn't that anymore imo

Have you not read the article? She's signed a 32m quid deal with them.... so they have coughed up. 

Granted thats for arena gigs on the tour as well but they will likely have exclusivity on a festival appearance 

Edited by Havors

12 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I think RTJ are taking a break for a bit after the last run of recent shows in the US, which would suggest it's not true. Of course, they were the previous tour support prior to the cancellation. Would love to see that tour lineup resurrected though. 

RATM were made for the Pyramid. With the state of the world over the past 7 or 8 years, those tunes have never felt so relevant. The band and festival feels like a good match, socio-politically.

Do you really think they are made for the Pyramid? As much as I adore Glastonbury, in the last 25 years it has become so middle class and part of the mainstream. A lot of the media coverage shows snaps of celebs in VIP areas with outrageously expensive glamping etc. without any mention of the political leanings. I can't imagine that's something RATM would want to be associated with, as opposed to say Reading which still seems to retain some of the anarchic spirit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Havors said:

Have you not read the article? She's signed a 32m quid deal with them.... so they have coughed up. 

Granted thats for arena gigs on the tour as well but they will likely have exclusivity on a festival appearance 

Coughed up for solo shows that are a completely different audience to R&L

She isn't worth the money for R&L's audience anymore is my point, money would be far better spent elsewhere