2024 Headliners

On 7/27/2023 at 10:23 AM, strummer77 said:

That 2009 gig was his first festival in forever wasnt it?

Saw him do Isle of Wight in 2012 (tries on fallow year) and he was already ’getting it’ more.

It's notable in his autobiography that Glastonbury doesn't even warrant a mention. As ever, we massively over-glamourise the place, for most acts it's just another gig. I think he'd be a good booking, the current show is good, but I don't really see it happening. 

9 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

It's notable in his autobiography that Glastonbury doesn't even warrant a mention. As ever, we massively over-glamourise the place, for most acts it's just another gig. I think he'd be a good booking, the current show is good, but I don't really see it happening. 

He did pop up for Macca last year though, so it's not like he doesn't give a sh*t.

2 hours ago, DeanoL said:

Yeah definitely.

He did come over for Macca since though, and was in the thick of a classic, so may fancy another go. 

3 hours ago, The Nal said:

Saw a Roger Waters interview recently where he said he "thinks" he played it before.

Edit: here

Roger Waters and Nick Mason Say They’d Reunite With David Gilmour as Pink Floyd for Glastonbury Show  

At the very least Glasto HQ need to give Mason a shout for a Saucerful slot.

I mean, this article is 6 years old and it hasn’t happened yet. If I were Dave I wouldn’t be jumping at the chance to get on a stage with Roger considering some of the hot takes he comes out with…

Queen back on the road

https://www.instagram.com/p/CvYY89Ho37w/?igshid=NjIwNzIyMDk2Mg==

Interestingly, they seem to have listened to the complaints from the people who've observed that Adam Lambert isn’t Freddie Mercury and are touring with a giant animatronic Freddie skeleton that will mime the vocals.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Queen back on the road

https://www.instagram.com/p/CvYY89Ho37w/?igshid=NjIwNzIyMDk2Mg==

Interestingly, they seem to have listened to the complaints from the people who've observed that Adam Lambert isn’t Freddie Mercury and are touring with a giant animatronic Freddie skeleton that will mime the vocals.

They should get Marc Martel in anyway. I swear he is Freddie's secret lovechild. Dates stack up... 😄

16 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Paywalled … it that the new album ? 

Skim reading it, the gist of it is that she's got a lot of things brewing - one of those being a new album though no timescale mentioned beyond "2024". No specific mention of Glastonbury and/or future touring either.

Edited by incident
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Four years between albums and now abandoning disco. Doing her best to sabotage any momentum, fair play 

Nah, Future Nostalgia is such a good homage to disco, if she tried to do it again it would just be a lesser version of something she’s already executed perfectly. I’m glad she’s supposedly switching it up.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

That pairing with Tame Parker is smart. Now hyped for the next record!

8 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Four years between albums and now abandoning disco. Doing her best to sabotage any momentum, fair play 

FN came out right as the pandemic begun so that shifted everything back a few years. She did a massive world tour throughout 2022 and played everywhere. I saw her play to about 100k people in Denmark last year.

Coming back in 2024 seems about right to rebuild demand.

36 minutes ago, kalifire said:

It does raise an interesting question though - when a big act has had a huge release, but it’s been years since, do you book them on the basis of their last success knowing the next one might not be so good? 

Stormzy headlined when he hadn't released an album in 2 years and his 2nd album wasn't even announced by the time he took to the stage.

Pandemic for sure deflated alot of album releases (and some career hype) for a few years, but Dua came back to touring last year very strong regardless. 

I think for much larger bands, you can have some duds and still be solid. Foo Fighters had released a ton of garbage albums for years (Wasting Light being the outlier) but still headlined.

Edited by FrogLobster