2024 Headliners

45 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

The Mac is the big one if they ever perform again. Then out of the all-timers, AC/DC, Eminem, Led Zep, Billy Joel. More modern ones - Bruno Mars, Pink and Drake would be a huge deal for the festival to get but they’d need to want to do it. Mariah too although she’s probably more of a legends slot vibe these days. 

I think in respect to Led Zeppelin and Fleetwood Mac would it even be the same without their deceased members? Maybe with Fleetwood Mac.

Led Zep is along gone dream I think, even with Plants love of Glastonbury.

Yeah, I think Eminem, Drake would be a huge grab.

Billy Joel would be for me on the same tier as The Who, ultimately a legend, but not quite at the elite level.

personally with no Taylor Swift, it wouldn’t surprise me to see a step back with the headliners this year and let someone up and coming take their chance.

1 hour ago, jparx said:

Taylor is in London that day (or Dublin, have the dates been confirmed yet for the next festival?)

Dublin. Last weekend of June as usual. Really very unlikely for Taylor sadly, unless it was a stripped down set (personally I’d be in favour of that but I doubt she would be up for just standing there with no gimmicks for 2hrs). It feels exactly like 2015 when she was technically free and in the area on the Sunday night but it was never realistic that she’d actually turn up, even despite the fest being on their knees begging acts to take the spot that had been earmarked for Prince. 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

Just now, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Look who just announced their second album 

Has to be in the frame to at least sub if it’s as big as SOUR. 

Sub or third on Pyramid for sure, but don’t see her getting the headlining gig just yet, even if her situation is very similar to Billie’s third on Other > headline rise. 

Any chance of Little Simz? British, female, played the festival and always been really well received (from my knowledge) and very much "on the up" commercially?

Very much one of those that the festival would be "taking a punt on" I appreciate. But that's not something Glastonbury is adverse to doing. Won a couple of awards and had another acclaimed album since they last played. 

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Sub or third on Pyramid for sure, but don’t see her getting the headlining gig just yet, even if her situation is very similar to Billie’s third on Other > headline rise. 

Maybe not initially but if things fall through with Madge or whoever then she might be a worthy replacement. We should obviously wait to see how the album does first but I don’t think it’s impossible. 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

1 minute ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Look who just announced their second album 

Has to be in the frame to at least sub if it’s as big as SOUR. 

Somebody was claiming the album was gonna drop next week lol. Knew it had to be later.  At least a sub? You guys are clawing that hard to just elevate somebody to headliner now. Let artists move up at their own pace. Even Olivia had talked about that when it came to her first tour. The demand was there for arenas but theres no way in hell she would do that cause thats not how you get better on your first tour and such. She still had rehearsed dialogue though so for the future maybe she will free herself of that a bit. Harry styles is that way but he had that like burnt into his memory with 1d.

2 minutes ago, kemosabe said:

Any chance of Little Simz? British, female, played the festival and always been really well received (from my knowledge) and very much "on the up" commercially?

Very much one of those that the festival would be "taking a punt on" I appreciate. But that's not something Glastonbury is adverse to doing. Won a couple of awards and had another acclaimed album since they last played. 

Problem is, despite her success, she doesn’t have any actual ‘hits’, so I think it would take her releasing some material that bothers the charts before she’s considered, although tbh I don’t really see her ever climbing that high and she’s probably peaking right about now at the level she’s currently at. 

2 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Maybe not initially but if things fall through with Madge or whoever then she’d be a worthy replacement. We should obviously wait to see how the album does first but I don’t think it’s impossible. 

Yeah tbh I think the album is almost definitely gonna be huge so this time in a few months it may seem strange to suggest her as anything other than a headliner, but I think she’d be happy to accept lower, especially if the act above her is somebody like Madonna.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Problem is, despite her success, she doesn’t have any actual ‘hits’, so I think it would take her releasing some material that bothers the charts before she’s considered, although tbh I don’t really see her ever climbing that high and she’s probably peaking right about now at the level she’s currently at. 

She got a fairly small crowd for her WH headline spot did she not? Would love to see it happen but as you say the mainstream cut through just isn’t there.