2024 Headliners

45 minutes ago, mouserat said:

Is the list of 'friends of the festival' who could turn up for a secret set and/or headline becoming unmanageably long? 

Off the top of my head you've got: Coldplay, Radiohead, Foo Fighters, Pulp, Blur, The Killers (and probably some I'm forgetting)

If the Eavises keep making friends and having artists fall in love with Glastonbury, the competition for a secret slot will be almost as fierce as the scrap for tickets.

Vampire weekend also. Ezra apparently just goes the festival anyway coz he loves it. 

I would love love love The Killers to play. I missed 2019 tickets and watched their set and it was amazing.  2 more albums since

BUT 

100% not playing 

• Headlining again after 4 festivals? Coldplay did it in 2002 and 2005 but cant see them doing it when theres talk of 2 female headliners 
  • It would be 3 appearances in 6 festivals 
  • Would they headline another stage? Cant see them headlining and they are a headline level act

I would be ecstatic if i was wrong but not holding out hope

6 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

I would love love love The Killers to play. I missed 2019 tickets and watched their set and it was amazing.  2 more albums since

BUT 

100% not playing 

• Headlining again after 4 festivals? Coldplay did it in 2002 and 2005 but cant see them doing it when theres talk of 2 female headliners 
  • It would be 3 appearances in 6 festivals 
  • Would they headline another stage? Cant see them headlining and they are a headline level act

I would be ecstatic if i was wrong but not holding out hope

They’re obviously not gonna headline, but a ‘secret’ Churnups style daytime Pyramid slot isn’t out of the equation at all. Agree that they’ve been pretty ever present over the past few festivals, but if they wanna do it then it’s almost definitely something the festival would make happen.

1 hour ago, wro_lap said:

I honestly have a feeling Brandon and the lads just fancy attending Glastonbury to watch a few bands and go down the Cider Bus. And maybe appear everywhere like Dave Grohl did.

There'll be more acts queuing up at the Cider Bus than punters the way it's going! Excuse me Brandon, Dave, Chris, Macca, Damon, Thom...can I push in & get a cider please...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, FloopFiller said:

They’re obviously not gonna headline, but a ‘secret’ Churnups style daytime Pyramid slot isn’t out of the equation at all. Agree that they’ve been pretty ever present over the past few festivals, but if they wanna do it then it’s almost definitely something the festival would make happen.

Theyre gonna headline now.

thats the "big american artist" hahaha

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Quark said:

Calgon claimed to have seen Swift knocking around the cider bus / longdrops / other festival landmark (story changed day to day) in 2019 before she was announced for 2020. Called her as a headliner after that and never let anyone forget it.

Haven't mentioned it in years to be fair.

But nevertheless it's also what happened.

Edit:  Story changed day to day? Get tae.

Edited by CaledonianGonzo
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Haven't mentioned it in years to be fair.

But nevertheless it's also what happened.

Edit:  Story changed day to day? Get tae.

Find it strange that she slipped through the cracks since - particularly this year. Springsteen too. Wild that they're both **literally there** and the festival didnt bag 'em both.

After The Cure I was at the Village Inn, headed to the toilets and that sit between Kidney Mead and the Pyramid Stage. Dunno what the specific name of that area is, but Cider Bus is an easy point of reference.

Saw someone tall, blonde wearing an expensive flashy looking hoody and surrounded by a posse of pals.

It caught my eye so I made a mental note to have a closer look on the way back to the bar.

Two mins later coming back down the hill the group were still there and I deliberately steered my trajectory right towards them to say hello / investigate.

As I got nearer I saw it was Swifty, but the pal posse also clocked me approaching and immediately formed a protective circle and started hustling her away.

And that's it, as far as it goes 

3 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Find it strange that she slipped through the cracks since - particularly this year. Springsteen too. Wild that they're both **literally there** and the festival didnt bag 'em both.

Two other bits of circumstantial:

Pictures of Idris Elba and a story in some tabloid about the cast of Cats visiting Glastonbury, which she was filming at the time in the UK

Same weekend she also tagged herself in a picture with Stella McCartney who was definitely at the G watching Billie Eilish wearing her clobber.

Edited by CaledonianGonzo

10 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

With her it’s then massive scale stage set up. With Bruce it’s the coin.