Roskilde 2023

mln

First 15 acts on Monday (October 31st):

'On Monday, 31 October, we will unveil the first acts on the poster.

The first round will consist of more than 15 artists, delivering everything from hardcore punk to electro pop and from rap/RnB to alternative Korean pop and high life.'

https://www.roskilde-festival.dk/en/years/2023/news/goer-dig-klar-til-billetkoeb-og-de-allerfoerste-musiknavne/

Edited by mln

Tame Impala, Arctic Monkeys, Drake, Beyoncé, Rihanna, Eminem, Billie Eilish Frank Ocean and Kendrick Lamar as possible headliners as all of them are rumoured to be touring next year. From these I think Arctic Monkeys are coming 100%, Tame Impala, Billie Eilish and Kendrick Lamar are very probable, the others are likely but don’t think they can afford to bring all of these artists. 

Taylor Swift was rumoured to come but it was confirmed that she would not be doing festivals.The Weeknd is also rumoured to be touring Europe next summer however it must a stadium tour. 

Regarding smaller artists it can be anything from Run The Jewels, Perfume Genius, some metal and hard rock bands, many Danish artists (maybe one of them will be the headliner). 

Edited by festivalguy97

25 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Weirdly underwhelming first announcement, but maybe a lot of the other higher-up acts are embargoed for a few weeks until other festivals are locked in. I guess they just wanted to get tickets on sale ASAP.

Makes me think AM aren’t there.

Edited by misterplow

4 hours ago, shivroy said:

Are any of these headliners? Seems like subs at best, as much as I love Christine + the queens

By their standards yes, but for most major festivals no. This year the "headliners" were Post Malone, Robert Plant & Alison Krauss, Megan thee Stallion, The Blaze, Kacey Musgraves, TLC, Tyler the Creator, Jada, Thomas Helmig, The Strokes, Haim, St. Vincent

1 hour ago, Enkidu said:

By their standards yes, but for most major festivals no. This year the "headliners" were Post Malone, Robert Plant & Alison Krauss, Megan thee Stallion, The Blaze, Kacey Musgraves, TLC, Tyler the Creator, Jada, Thomas Helmig, The Strokes, Haim, St. Vincent

I'd argue of those the bold ones are the proper headliners - maybe Haim and Robert Plant too. None of these acts are that size in the UK. Guess they must be hit heavily by embargoes as was said above.

3 hours ago, lighthouse said:

Roskilde always starts off with a more modest namedrop though. 

Well in the recent years they started with Taylor Swift announcement in 2019, then they confirmed many artistas from 2020 edition that didn’t happen already in summer and last year they confirmed Dua Lipa, Tyler The Creator and Haim in their first announcement in October, so this announcement today was pretty small and boring. 

I think big names are coming and they cannot announce them yet due to the embargo. Arctic Monkeys are going to play Glastonbury that is 1 week before Roskilde therefore I think many artists that both of the festivals are sharing cannot be announced. 

And also Kendrick Lamar seems like a big possibility and it was confirmed that he’s doing summer festivals next so year so I think they couldn’t announce it yet. 

4 hours ago, festivalguy97 said:

I think big names are coming and they cannot announce them yet due to the embargo. Arctic Monkeys are going to play Glastonbury that is 1 week before Roskilde therefore I think many artists that both of the festivals are sharing cannot be announced. 

And also Kendrick Lamar seems like a big possibility and it was confirmed that he’s doing summer festivals next so year so I think they couldn’t announce it yet. 

Arctic monkeys have already confirmed for werchter and bilbao bbk. No reason why they'd be held back

There's quality and diversity in this announcement, two things Roskilde is known for. But I doubt these names would move tickets.

With Arctic Monkeys announced for both Werchter and Open'er happening on the same weekend it'd be weird not to announce them here, especially when they seem to have no Danish dates scheduled. Maybe another Danish festival?