Ithaca (UK) 
Liraz (IR) 
Melodi Ghazal (DK/IR) 
Nikki Lane (US) 
ShaSimone (UK) 
Sudan Archives (US) 
Villano Antillano (PR) 
Witch Club Satan (NO) 

The 19 new acts join a line-up already featuring names such as Burna Boy, Christine and the Queens, Kesi, Denzel Curry, and Rina Sawayama. 

https://www.roskilde-festival.dk/en/years/2023/news/blur-19-nye-navne-til-roskilde-festival/

So until now only Blur are the headliners, or Burna Boy and QOTSA are also headliners?

Roskilde always have a lot of headliners. Or names with the biggest font size. Last year the "real" headliners were clearly Post Malone, Dua Lipa, The Strokes and Tyler The Creator. Still acts like Robert Plant/Alison Krauss, Megan Thee Stallion, The Smile, Haim, Sc. Vincent were with big Font size as well. 

My bet is that only Blur are the biggest name on their day.  

On one of the Instagram comments someone asked Roskilde how many headliners are left and they said “a couple”. 

QOTSA are playing at the Arena stage on Wednesday so clearly there will be someone playing on Orange, a bigger artist, could be Arctic Monkeys? Or could be a Danish band.

Blur seem like the only headliner until now. Burna Boy and Christine and the Queens seem like co-headliners of one of the days.

So I think that the other 2 might be Kendrick and Arctic Monkeys.

4 hours ago, jonathansoegaard said:

Roskilde always have a lot of headliners. Or names with the biggest font size. Last year the "real" headliners were clearly Post Malone, Dua Lipa, The Strokes and Tyler The Creator. Still acts like Robert Plant/Alison Krauss, Megan Thee Stallion, The Smile, Haim, Sc. Vincent were with big Font size as well. 

My bet is that only Blur are the biggest name on their day.  

This.

In Glastonbury terms, think of Roskilde headliners as being Pyramid headliners + subs + Other headliners.

I kinda feel like Arctic Monkeys wont be playing. Otherwise why wouldn't they have announced them by now? 

25 minutes ago, Enkidu said:

This.

In Glastonbury terms, think of Roskilde headliners as being Pyramid headliners + subs + Other headliners.

I kinda feel like Arctic Monkeys wont be playing. Otherwise why wouldn't they have announced them by now? 

Maybe because they are going to headline Glastonbury and because it’s 1 week before Roskilde they have some sort of an embargo and cannot be announced yet. Arctic Monkeys are touring festivals in July so it’s very possible that they can come. And also they have a concert in Norway, Sweden and Germany but not in Denmark, that would make sense. If not them then who? From big artists touring around that time only Kendrick and Florence The Machine could fit Roskilde instead of Arctic Monkeys. 

Kind of believe that the final headliners will be more or less like this by looking at the other festivals and artists that are touring around that time:

Wednesday: Arctic Monkeys and QOTSA

Thursday: Burna Boy and Christine and the Queens

Friday: Blur 

Saturday: Kendrick Lamar 

It would be a very “Roskilde type” lineup with many genres with old and new music. 

36 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Maybe because they are going to headline Glastonbury and because it’s 1 week before Roskilde they have some sort of an embargo and cannot be announced yet. Arctic Monkeys are touring festivals in July so it’s very possible that they can come. And also they have a concert in Norway, Sweden and Germany but not in Denmark, that would make sense. If not them then who? From big artists touring around that time only Kendrick and Florence The Machine could fit Roskilde instead of Arctic Monkeys. 

But they've been announced for other festivals around the same time as Glastonbury. It's not like they're trying to keep it a secret that they are playing festivals in the summer. Just feel like they would have announced them already if they were playing.

16 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Red Hot Chilli Peppers announced at Spanish and Portuguese festivals one week after Roskilde. Billie Eilish doing a festival in Hungary in August. Could these be the last 2 headliners? 

RHCP have announced their full tour including a show in Denmark on June 24th. For Billie Eilish, it seems clear she'll only come in August.

51 minutes ago, Archi said:

RHCP have announced their full tour including a show in Denmark on June 24th. For Billie Eilish, it seems clear she'll only come in August.

RHCP are out officially. Billie Eilish could still come, but until now it’s true that she only has August dates. People argue that Arctic Monkeys are not coming either as rumoured before, therefore who are the possibilities of headliners then? 

5 hours ago, festivalguy97 said:

Red Hot Chilli Peppers announced at Spanish and Portuguese festivals one week after Roskilde. Billie Eilish doing a festival in Hungary in August. Could these be the last 2 headliners? 

Hard to believe that Roskilde ever would book RHCP again after the two disaster gigs in 2007 and 2016.

12 hours ago, lighthouse said:

Because the Rock Werchter lineup is starting to look really dissappointing I am keeping an eye on this one (Blur!). Do we still expect some news this year? 

Nope - I'm pretty sure next big announcement will be in January. It's been the trend the last few years with big announcements of 1-2 headliners and around 20 bands total every 1-2 months. Sometimes though a headliner get's a solo announcement (happened with Eminem, Kendrick, Rolling Stone, The guy from beatles). So if we get a name soon I would imagine it would be an act worthy of a solo announcment (Kendrick, Eilish comes to mind).

Roskilde is a really nice festival. The crowd is pretty young (I'm starting to feel old in the beginning of my thirties)

Edited by jonathansoegaard

5 hours ago, jonathansoegaard said:

Nope - I'm pretty sure next big announcement will be in January. It's been the trend the last few years with big announcements of 1-2 headliners and around 20 bands total every 1-2 months. Sometimes though a headliner get's a solo announcement (happened with Eminem, Kendrick, Rolling Stone, The guy from beatles). So if we get a name soon I would imagine it would be an act worthy of a solo announcment (Kendrick, Eilish comes to mind).

Roskilde is a really nice festival. The crowd is pretty young (I'm starting to feel old in the beginning of my thirties)

Pretty sure that the next announcement will be a headliner plus a couple of artistas more in late January and then the full lineup at the end of February. 

5 hours ago, festivalguy97 said:

Just listened to an interview on a Danish radio where the new responsible for artist booking (apparently they changed him) said that the next edition will be very inclusive regarding genres and musicians and he said to expect a big female headliner. Who can it be? Billie Eilish? 

Hopefully it's Billie. It would be a dream.

18 hours ago, festivalguy97 said:

Just listened to an interview on a Danish radio where the new responsible for artist booking (apparently they changed him) said that the next edition will be very inclusive regarding genres and musicians and he said to expect a big female headliner. Who can it be? Billie Eilish? 

Billie announced for Reading + Leeds today on top of the ones she's already announced for, looking good. 

2 hours ago, Archi said:

It's the third festival she announces and all are in August. Can we still expect to see her on some festivals in July like Mad Cool and Rock Werchter? Not so sure anymore...

I heard that she is rumoured to play Mad Cool 1 week after Roskilde so it’s possible for her to come, it would confirm what the representative of Roskilde said, but who knows, maybe it’s another performer. 

Kendrick is playing Opener festival in Poland on Saturday 1st of July so I guess he is coming to Roskilde. Blur are headlining Friday, so he could probably open on Wednesday or perform on Thursday (Burna Boy day). 

Lil Nas X is also playing Opener so he’s a big possibility also. 

Arctic Monkeys are also there but as people pointed out here, if they were coming they would be already announced. 

Edited by festivalguy97