Roskilde 2023

mln

On 11/1/2022 at 2:43 PM, Enkidu said:

Some die-hard roskilde fans of mine are saying sometimes they do announcements like this to bring attention to the smaller names, and then do a separate announcement for a big headliner. Sounds to me like a big cope, but we shall see...

Am i right thinking it sells out every year? if so this is actually a nice idea 

35 minutes ago, Enkidu said:

I think it does, although from my experiences it seems to be a festival which a lot of young people go to just for a pissup

Indeed - Plus the occational concert. Many just need a couple of names and the party. 

But having followed Roskilde for years they do like to sometimes challenge ticket buyers with the first announcement unless it is part of a bigger reveal. I think this is the case this time. They want people to check out Burna Boy, Christine and the Queens, Denzel Curry and Rina Sawayama. The big name for the masses in this reveal is actually Kesi who have been immensely popular in Denmark for the last 10 years without even getting playing to play a small stage.

22 hours ago, jonathansoegaard said:

Indeed - Plus the occational concert. Many just need a couple of names and the party. 

But having followed Roskilde for years they do like to sometimes challenge ticket buyers with the first announcement unless it is part of a bigger reveal. I think this is the case this time. They want people to check out Burna Boy, Christine and the Queens, Denzel Curry and Rina Sawayama. The big name for the masses in this reveal is actually Kesi who have been immensely popular in Denmark for the last 10 years without even getting playing to play a small stage.

Rina Sawayama played this year at the festival, Denzel Curry and Christine and the Queens in 2019. I don't think they need to be check it out. This looks terrible.

And to be honest, I met so many danish people last years on the festival, and most of them, like the 90% I met, didn't really care about the line up. They only wanted to party, to get drunk, enjoy a few danish and headliners acts, and that's all. 

Edited by davidoffescassi

On 11/1/2022 at 7:50 AM, Giovanni said:

There's quality and diversity in this announcement, two things Roskilde is known for. But I doubt these names would move tickets.

With Arctic Monkeys announced for both Werchter and Open'er happening on the same weekend it'd be weird not to announce them here, especially when they seem to have no Danish dates scheduled. Maybe another Danish festival?

Could be the Northside festival however I believe that they will end up at Roskilde. They are playing Opener on Friday and then Werchter on Sunday so Wednesday seems like a good day for them to open Roskilde. I think the only reason that they were not announced yet is that Glasto is only 3 days before Roskilde and they are both the biggest festivals in Europe, could be that they will only announce Arctic after Glasto announces them. Glastonbury announcement should come soon, they always announce 1 or 2 headliners around this time of the year. 

Never been before but considering next year. Does anyone know how easy it is to get back to Copenhagen after the festival? We normally do a few days in the city and just stay in the hotel for the festival. Says its about 20 minutes on the train but do the trains usually still run after the festival?

21 hours ago, LordRev said:

Never been before but considering next year. Does anyone know how easy it is to get back to Copenhagen after the festival? We normally do a few days in the city and just stay in the hotel for the festival. Says its about 20 minutes on the train but do the trains usually still run after the festival?

I usually stay in Copenhagen for this festival. The trains run all night to Copenhagen from the west gate but frequency drops to one every couple of hours after 4am. There are also buses from the East Gate which usually run between midnight and 4am every few minutes to the Copenhagen Railway Station. The buses usually take longer but the trains can be the same as they take a while to cram everyone on and then stop at Roskilde Station for many to get off before heading to Copenhagen. 

18 minutes ago, Deckard said:

I usually stay in Copenhagen for this festival. The trains run all night to Copenhagen from the west gate but frequency drops to one every couple of hours after 4am. There are also buses from the East Gate which usually run between midnight and 4am every few minutes to the Copenhagen Railway Station. The buses usually take longer but the trains can be the same as they take a while to cram everyone on and then stop at Roskilde Station for many to get off before heading to Copenhagen. 

Appreciate it mate, sounds good

On 11/4/2022 at 10:29 PM, charlierc said:

I don't know why but I thought AM were playing their own gig in Copenhagen as part of their late April/early May European shows. Turns out they're doing Sweden and Norway but not Denmark... got that wrong.

And that's why I think they are coming to a Danish festival next summer, wouldn't make any sense going to do a solo gig in Oslo and Stockholm and Hamburg and skip Denmark. And I believe it's gonna be Roskilde because the other danish cannot afford them, looks like a very expensive band nowadays. 

On 11/4/2022 at 8:56 PM, LordRev said:

I live in Copenhagen and I came everyday by train to the festival and returned everyday by train from festival also. Going there in the afternoon before the concerts is very easy and fast, coming back is a bit more complicated because there is only one train every half hour and it gets super crowded and sometimes you miss that one to take the next one so they can fit everyone, and it's extremely slow, specially if you leave after the main concerts all end, but there are also buses and taxis, I even know some people that bike (it's like 1 hour biking) so overall it's feasible to do it, I am going to do it next year. They run all night up until 5 in the morning and all the concerts end soon, even the ones in the secondary stages, as I recall the end around 2/3 in the morning. 

44 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

And that's why I think they are coming to a Danish festival next summer, wouldn't make any sense going to do a solo gig in Oslo and Stockholm and Hamburg and skip Denmark. And I believe it's gonna be Roskilde because the other danish cannot afford them, looks like a very expensive band nowadays. 

Certainly it does seem like an odd routing to do all of Oslo, Stockholm and Hamburg to skip Denmark altogether.

I also wouldn't have thought there'd have been an artist-imposed barrier to announcing them yet, given they're already named for doing 3/4 other European festivals.

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, jonathansoegaard said:

Soon - They need to be ready for Christmas sales. I'm pretty sure more names are coming 30. November at the latest (payday). 

Maybe they're sharing the big name with NOS Alive and Mad Cool? Smart Tickets for Roskilde are available until 21st, and NOS Alive is expected to announce on 22nd...

On 11/22/2022 at 11:54 PM, festivalguy97 said:

From what I see The 1975 are going to be touring next summer and doing many festivals so probably they are one of the co headliners, cannot see them as headliners. Maybe the same day as Arctic Monkeys (if they come)? 

I think 1975 are now out. Just confirmed for NorthSide Festival in Aarhus for June 1-4, along with Muse.

12 hours ago, charlierc said:

I think 1975 are now out. Just confirmed for NorthSide Festival in Aarhus for June 1-4, along with Muse.

Yes they are out. The Weeknd is also out as he just confirmed a European Tour. 

From reading other festivals forums and rumours I’m starting to believe more and more that probably Arctic Monkeys, Rage Against the Machine, Billie Eilish, Lana del Rey and Kendrick Lamar are very possible as headliners. 

Also I think an announcement is coming in the following weeks before Christmas. 

Edited by festivalguy97

10 hours ago, Enkidu said:

What about Blur? Damon seems to like the festival and has played it a few times with his various projects, including a 5 hour performance where he had to be carried off stage by security because he didn't want to stop 

I would be very surpriced of we do not get Blur. Albarn loves Roskilde. He also got to open the Orange Stage with the Syrian Orchestra once.

New names tomorrow at 9.00 CET. Let's go!

Primavera Sound just published their lineup. 
Blur, Kendrick, Rosalia, Calvin Harris, Depeche Mode, Halsey and Maneskin are headliners so I guess we will get at least 3 of these, my guess would be Blur, Halsey and Kendrick, as Maneskin and Depeche Mode have already a concert in Copenhagen and Calvin Harris and Rosalia don’t seem to fit the festival (but who knows). 

From the smaller artists probably Fka Twigs, Pusha T, Fred Again, The Wsr on Drugs, Four Tet, and a couple more. 

Edited by festivalguy97

These 19 names are announced for Roskilde Festival 2023 today: 

Blur (UK) 
Queens of the Stone Age (US) 

Japanese Breakfast (US) 
Tove Lo (SE) 
Tobias Rahim (DK) 

Adekunle Gold (NG) 
Alice Glass (CA) 
Bala Desejo (BR) 
Big Freedia (US) 
Debbie Sings (DK) 
Ganger (DK) 
Ithaca (UK) 
Liraz (IR) 
Melodi Ghazal (DK/IR) 
Nikki Lane (US) 
ShaSimone (UK) 
Sudan Archives (US) 
Villano Antillano (PR) 
Witch Club Satan (NO) 

The 19 new acts join a line-up already featuring names such as Burna Boy, Christine and the Queens, Kesi, Denzel Curry, and Rina Sawayama. 

https://www.roskilde-festival.dk/en/years/2023/news/blur-19-nye-navne-til-roskilde-festival/