2024 Festival

Chad888

21 minutes ago, FeverDream said:

DUA LIPA / MGMT

KENDRICK LAMAR / PARAMORE

GREEN DAY / QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE 

Probably best case scenario for me - doubt Melvin has the balls to give MGMT a MSW headline slot and doubt QOTSA will be back.

That's because it's no longer 2009 and there's absolutely no chance it'll happen.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FeverDream said:

DUA LIPA / MGMT

Probably best case scenario for me - doubt Melvin has the balls to give MGMT a MSW headline slot and doubt QOTSA will be back.

MGMT i've heard it all now - more chance of me and Benj headlining

3 hours ago, FeverDream said:

DUA LIPA / MGMT

Could MGMT even headline the FR these days?

They just wouldn't get booked. They aren't tiny by any means just not suited to R&L anymore. Would get a decent slot at glasto or green man / ape. Not actually played in the UK since 2018

Edited by gfa

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

You're mad if you think that MGMT would be anywhere near headlining either Main Stage at R&L in 2022. For one they just wouldn't play, I don't think. They never even really played much in their pomp, did they?

2008 was maybe the last time they did R&L? I don’t think they ever played main stage.

14 minutes ago, FeverDream said:

The same year people were predicting Green Day and Paramore to headline 2022 which is pretty mid 2000s if you ask me just like booking MGMT.

Green Day and Paramore makes more sense to me as they are still relevant and are more famous with the younger demographic (trust me i would know as I am the demographic).

Having just listened back to some of MGMTs music to remind myself of who they are, I recognise approximately 5 songs, of which i wouldn't have been able to tell you MGMT were the ones who made those songs.

17 hours ago, FeverDream said:

DUA LIPA / MGMT

MGMT one of the worst live bands i've  ever seen. I was a decent fan beforehand as well. absolutely woeful.

28 minutes ago, nathanh said:

Green Day and Paramore makes more sense to me as they are still relevant and are more famous with the younger demographic (trust me i would know as I am the demographic).

Having just listened back to some of MGMTs music to remind myself of who they are, I recognise approximately 5 songs, of which i wouldn't have been able to tell you MGMT were the ones who made those songs.

I'm also the demographic of the younger generation at 22 and I'd argue the opposite - but it is all relative to who we surround ourselves with within said demographic. I'm friends with people who tend to be into indie, so that probably explains why they prefer MGMT and recognise more songs.

4 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

MGMT one of the worst live bands i've  ever seen. I was a decent fan beforehand as well. absolutely woeful.

Unfortunately I've never seen them so I can't comment, but they're on my bucket list. How come they were so bad?

Edited by FeverDream

47 minutes ago, FeverDream said:

2008 was maybe the last time they did R&L? I don’t think they ever played main stage.

They were second or third in the tent if I remember correctly. Don’t remember seeing them though. 

Remember watching the naked and famous (or similar name) a couple of years later, who completely sped their sound, even to the point they covered one of their songs!

8 minutes ago, Benj said:

They were second or third in the tent if I remember correctly. Don’t remember seeing them though. 

Remember watching the naked and famous (or similar name) a couple of years later, who completely sped their sound, even to the point they covered one of their songs!

Chiddy Bang - opposite of adults

... although doubt they got booked but thats my first thought haha

Edited by gfa

5 hours ago, Benj said:

The Naked and Famous! There’s a blast from the past. I really liked them at the time. 

12 hours ago, charlierc said:

MGMT headlining Reading & Leeds sounds like an NME prediction from 2009 that everyone looks back on with bemusement.

MGMT - Kids / Time to Pretend are the exact sort of songs that the children will listen to and make viral on Tik Tok, thinking it's an uncovered gem that nobody has ever heard of.

They will then be booked to sub MSW.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Chad888 said:

MGMT - Kids / Time to Pretend are the exact sort of songs that the children will listen to and make viral on Tik Tok, thinking it's an uncovered gem that nobody has ever heard of.

They will then be booked to sub MSW.

Reminds me of a time when I stumbled upon a Tik Tok that had some lad playing the guitar to Mardy Bum and the caption was along the lines of “just a little gem from the mid 2000s. Music isn’t the same nowadays”…

2 hours ago, FeverDream said:

Reminds me of a time when I stumbled upon a Tik Tok that had some lad playing the guitar to Mardy Bum and the caption was along the lines of “just a little gem from the mid 2000s. Music isn’t the same nowadays”…

I heard someone call Fallout by Catfish a “Classic throwback” and I had to lie down for a bit