West Holts 2023

dotdash79

I'm still gutted to have missed out on A Tribe Called Quest in 2017. Q-Tip returning would be fantastic, no idea if he's about. Wiki says he's still active so who knows.

Busta Rhymes, De La Soul, Ice Cube would all be welcome as a Fri night headliner 

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

1 minute ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I'm still gutted to have missed out on A Tribe Called Quest in 2017. Q-Tip returning would be fantastic, no idea if he's about. Wiki says he's still active so who knows.

Busta Rhymes, De La Soul, Ice Cube would all be welcome as a Fri night headliner 

De La Soul are fantastic live.

3 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Would love a Q-Tip set. Saw De La Soul a couple times this year and they were good fun both times, i dont think id be fussed with them being one of my headliners though. Mid-afternoon Pyramid or Other however would be great.

I saw busta headline tokyo world last month and i had very very low expectations going in but he was great fun, played his hits, got the crowd going, played all of his big feature verses (including scenario by ATCQ). Good stuff, would be a good booking

Wonder if we’ll get Thundercat.

He was on the 2020 posted so was really disappointed he wasn’t there in 2022 given he was literally in England that weekend (supporting RHCP) - which is the same as Anderson Paak.

Hoping they both turn up on West Holts in 2023, but worried Thundercat might be going back into studio as has no tour dates that I can see for 2023. 

7 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Would love a Q-Tip set. Saw De La Soul a couple times this year and they were good fun both times, i dont think id be fussed with them being one of my headliners though. Mid-afternoon Pyramid or Other however would be great.

I saw busta headline tokyo world last month and i had very very low expectations going in but he was great fun, played his hits, got the crowd going, played all of his big feature verses (including scenario by ATCQ). Good stuff, would be a good booking

I caught the end of Q-Tip in 2009, after I'd left Neil Young, but I'd love to see a full set of his back at the Farm. 

Busta Rhymes has got some massive tunes, it'd be a motoring 90 mins, would love that. I'm holding out for someone decent on WH versus Arctic Monkeys, at least.

3 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I like AM however I've seen them a few times and they're not unmissable for me (Unless the new album is stellar) so an excellent WH alternative would be welcome here too.

That's a benefit of already seeing one of the main headliners. I'll see EJ in May so if he's excellent then (and booked for Glasto) it would allow me to skip him on the Pyramid, leaving me to find someone else. 

WH is good for filling those gaps usually. 

3 hours ago, Haan said:

Maybe not ice cube, didn't he post a bunch of weird anti semitic tweets during lockdown?

Just Googled it now, trying to work out if he's just trying to be an activist or he's just a bit foolish. Either way, not sure if it would be enough to stop him playing Glastonbury. Several artists have got a lot of skeletons in their closets.

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

17 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Add Pusha T to that list.

• Upvote 1

On 10/11/2022 at 12:53 PM, Zacko said:

It's one of those ones where I feel he could probably do either and not look out of place, but feels more like a Park headliner in terms of previous bookings? IMO at least.

Would be all over it, the live show just keeps getting better every time I see him.

Totally agree.

There were a few similar acts we couldn’t place this year, inc Four Tet.

I see FA as a smallish WH act or big Park, but he’d rock either. 

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

Totally agree.

There were a few similar acts we couldn’t place this year, inc Four Tet.

I see FA as a smallish WH act or big Park, but he’d rock either. 

John Peel would also be a huge vibe (headliner or lower down)

He could just feasibly play so many stages!? 

Edited by Zacko

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Everyone bigs up his Boiler Room set but are there key tracks or an essential album for the lad Again..... He seems pretty prolific.

Marea is his biggest track by far, was absolutely everywhere last year. 

All his albums are great, but the two from last year are best. 

5 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Everyone bigs up his Boiler Room set but are there key tracks or an essential album for the lad Again..... He seems pretty prolific.

Just listen to his two albums, After Life 1 and After Life 2, you’ll get the gist very quickly whether you like or not - they’re very accessible and not very long.

His best track (by a country mile, imo) is the one he produced with HAAi that features vocals from Romy - Lights Out. An absolute big room heater.