West Holts 2023

dotdash79

4 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

More of a Parma Violet man when it comes to a cool Brothers?

Did I read here last time around that it's all based on the same, but got the appropriate flavoured syrup added? 

I think the last time I peaked far too early on it during the festival it was Strawberry - these days I try to pace myself, I've had more than enough afternoons waking up near a stage on a copy of the paper with a protective circle of friends around me. 

8 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Jazz and Rhythm and Blues - could suit an early slot on WH, but headliner no.

WH headliners are generally/usually "party bands"

Jacob's sets are parties and something to behold, but I would think he's not quite big enough to headline yet. He'll be one of the most musically interesting sets of the weekend. Can't wait!

3 hours ago, clarkete said:

Did I read here last time around that it's all based on the same, but got the appropriate flavoured syrup added

I think the last time I peaked far too early on it during the festival it was Strawberry - these days I try to pace myself, I've had more than enough afternoons waking up near a stage on a copy of the paper with a protective circle of friends around me. 

Yeah that’s true. It’s all festival pear cider, with a flavouring syrup added. To be fair, other than lemon I find them all too sweet so just stick to standard pear.

• Upvote 1

The reason the flavoured ones are good at glasto is because if you get the flavoured ones in cans or bottles at home they are 4.0% and very much not the same product / taste as a 7% pear with an added syrup (bringing it down to 6.5%)

effectively the only place you can get a higher strength flavoured one is at the festival. Not sure if the bar does other events, i assume it does, but ive never seen it outside glastonbury

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Any ideas for this from the poster or do we think one or two are still to come? Loyle Carner seems like an obvious contender, but anybody else jumping out at people?

I think they've largely held back on releasing big names for stages who have their own poster releases.

5 minutes ago, dreams_burn_down said:

Oh is this official or just good intel?

It’s on some article somewhere.  The Saturday WH header isn’t on the poster for certain 

sorry I lie!! They are on the poster 😂

Edited by sisco

Someone mentioned Loyle Carner but can’t really see the other 2 headliners from that poster drop. 

Certainly struggling to see who the dance/electronic act is (if they have one again). 

Leftfield more suited to The Glade and Rudimental don’t seem relevant enough to be headlining a stage in 23.

Maybe we’re missing them? 

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

Someone mentioned Loyle Carner but can’t really see the other 2 headliners from that poster drop. 

Certainly struggling to see who the dance/electronic act is (if they have one again). 

Leftfield more suited to The Glade and Rudimental don’t seem relevant enough to be headlining a stage in 23.

Maybe we’re missing them? 

Got an awful feeling Rudimental are gonna be one of them. I know they’re not relevant anymore, but then neither was Dizzee Rascal a few years back, and they seem like a fairly easy going dancey ‘nostalgia’ act to be stuck there. If they’re on the Sunday, fine, but if they were on the Friday… lame. But fingers crossed they’re just mid-Other where they belong. 

I wonder if FKA twigs was supposed to be one of them but after cancelling all her shows they’re now looking for a replacement. 

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Got an awful feeling Rudimental are gonna be one of them. I know they’re not relevant anymore, but then neither was Dizzee Rascal a few years back, and they seem like a fairly easy going dancey ‘nostalgia’ act to be stuck there. If they’re on the Sunday, fine, but if they were on the Friday… lame. But fingers crossed they’re just mid-Other where they belong. 

I wonder if FKA twigs was supposed to be one of them but after cancelling all her shows they’re now looking for a replacement. 

Yeah you’re right re Rudimental.

Think last year we thought we might be missing some WH and Park headliners from the initial drop but they were all staring us right in the face. 

No idea who the 3rd one is then if it is Rudimental and LC.

Kelis maybe? 

2 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Think last year we thought we might be missing some WH and Park headliners from the initial drop but they were all staring us right in the face. 

Kelis maybe? 

Had this discussion elsewhere regarding the Park and I think there must be some stage headliners left off the initial poster this year, especially with it having significantly fewer names, so I think we’ve still got at least one WH headliner to come and same for the Park. 

Kelis was gonna sub (or at least play lower down) in 2020 and she certainly hasn’t gotten any bigger so no way will she headline.

13 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Kelis maybe? 

I was thinking Loyle Carner and Fred Again from first poster as possible WH headliners. Or would Fred be better placed elsewhere? 

57 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Had this discussion elsewhere regarding the Park and I think there must be some stage headliners left off the initial poster this year, especially with it having significantly fewer names, so I think we’ve still got at least one WH headliner to come and same for the Park. 

Kelis was gonna sub (or at least play lower down) in 2020 and she certainly hasn’t gotten any bigger so no way will she headline.

Didn’t realise she was on the 2020 poster, didn’t pay much attention to it tbh.

Not her then, must be some names missing!