William of Walworth

Kizzie

at the very first efests meet in bristol  william got slaughtered, he tried to vault over railings down the middle of a dual carriageway, caught his foot, and fell heavily, and limped for a while after. he got himself to the hotel we were staying at, he hadn't booked a room himself, but was hoping to stay in somone's room, reception wouldn't left him in, because he didn't know anyone's real name, just forum names, he kept asking for suzie sausage's room, in the end he went and slept in the car park.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Neil said:

at the very first efests meet in bristol  william got slaughtered, he tried to vault over railings down the middle of a dual carriageway, caught his foot, and fell heavily, and limped for a while after. he got himself to the hotel we were staying at, he hadn't booked a room himself, but was hoping to stay in somone's room, reception wouldn't left him in, because he didn't know anyone's real name, just forum names, he kept asking for suzie sausage's room, in the end he went and slept in the car park.

This is gold.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Neil said:

😂😂😂

I haven’t been here for at least 10 years or more but I wanted to say that I’ve always been grateful to Efests because that’s where I first encountered William.

A truly lovely guy. RIP dear William xxx

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Neil said:

Love it 😄

8 hours ago, Neil said:

I always called him Lord William of Walworth. We had many beer and festival adventures. Probably my favourite, Alabama 3, full band, playing Brixton JAMM for an album launch or something, about 15 years ago. Don Letts was also DJing in the second room. We, naturally, pub crawled from Walworth to the gig, the ‘bamas must’ve played about midnight. We were well and truly hammered. We finally quit about 6am, Will, “but i haven’t seen The Don yet…”

Several hours earlier, Will had nearly taken out Don and his entire DJ rig as he windmill danced for all he was worth!

Sleep well, Lord William

• Like 4

On 9/16/2022 at 3:54 PM, Kizzie said:

For those of you who remember William, one of the original eFest posters, I am very sad to say that he has passed away 😢 

RIP William 🙏 

Thank you for letting us know - very kind of you.

Very sad - one of the few posters who would contact me by e-mail ## although I have not got a Clue - if he approached me or if I approached him { I have had 2 stroke's so ' dates and memory is not a strong point ' } ## and I cant even recall the last time we had a drink.

he will be greatly missed.

RIP William 🍺

On 9/17/2022 at 1:11 PM, Brave Sir Robin said:

RIP an eFests legend. Enjoyed his weather posts, and this charming (if unexciting) write-up of Glasto 2000 (he saw Gong over Bowie and didn’t regret it), with a prescient note at the end about the future of the festival: https://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/glastonbury/2000/review-fest1.shtml

Gong over Bowie! Love it. I vaguely recall his name but must have seen him at Bearded I guess. What sort of age was he do we know? 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Rip William

As others have said, always informative and entertaining posts, here and the digitalspy forums.

I could be wrong but didn't he do some voluntary work at the info points near the Pyramid in recent years?

Edited by Cooter

7 hours ago, Cooter said:

I could be wrong but didn't he do some voluntary work at the info points near the Pyramid in recent years?

Yes, he did. We used to try and think up impossible questions for him to find the answers to. He twigged eventually, but he'd have a go. 🙂