All Points East 2023

gfa

Does anyone have any info on how well the Strokes day is selling? I'm trying to get a handle on the potential for reduced price tickets closer to the time- whether through various channels or simply the resale market.

I happen to be in London at the time and would be good to go if possible. When I used to live in Victoria Park yhere were all sorts of last minute deals..

It's on the last tier of tickets so selling reasonably well, although I don't think it will be a total sell out. Last time they played it sold out a month or two beforehand and I had absolute hell trying to get tickets on the days leading up to it. O2 did a deal last year for buy one get one free that might run again, otherwise I wouldn't expect cheap tickets aside from resale if it doesn't sell out.

Really hoping the extra acts that are going to be added to the strokes day are announced soon. Don't really have any ideas on who could be added besides another windmill act such as BC,NR or Shame, genuinely surprised wet leg aren't at any of these gigs seeing as they're everywhere else.

1 hour ago, HumbugD said:

Really hoping the extra acts that are going to be added to the strokes day are announced soon. Don't really have any ideas on who could be added besides another windmill act such as BC,NR or Shame, genuinely surprised wet leg aren't at any of these gigs seeing as they're everywhere else.

Not really, the only actual UK festivals (ie not a Styles/Pulp support in a stadium or big park) they're doing are Radio 1's and Reading & Leeds. The main bloke behind End Of The Road gave an interview a little bit ago where he said he had a female band headliner lined up for this year and lost them to an exclusivity clause, which people are assuming were Wet Leg as they decided to form the band while at EOTR and are the best fit on that R&L line-up.

1 hour ago, HumbugD said:

imagine their finsbury show with pulp probably rules them out of being booked for APE

they are at rnl, harry, pulp - all live nation stuff

Edited by gfa

12 hours ago, HumbugD said:

Probably worth considering there is a definite Indie Sleaze vibe going on here so could be some real surprises from that era....I'm hoping Hot Hot Heat poke their heads in since 20th Anniversary of Make Up The Breakdown. Considering MGMT played under Yeah Yeah Yeahs at Just Like Heaven is they did that again for APE I'd lose it.

1 hour ago, Indiebuddyguy said:

Probably worth considering there is a definite Indie Sleaze vibe going on here so could be some real surprises from that era....I'm hoping Hot Hot Heat poke their heads in since 20th Anniversary of Make Up The Breakdown. Considering MGMT played under Yeah Yeah Yeahs at Just Like Heaven is they did that again for APE I'd lose it.

if MGMT did the oracular spectacular set at APE that'd be great. 

On 5/10/2023 at 9:09 PM, sisco said:

Just wondering how the cost of living payment people will work.  I get it as my daughter has a disability but as she’s under 16 it’s in my name.  

Still no details, but coming soon, according to quote in the GuardianScreenshot_2023-05-23-17-49-15-48_1c337646f29875672b5a61192b9010f9.thumb.jpg.1d10d01f748c199ea0bb33822b7a7750.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 5/15/2023 at 8:45 PM, HumbugD said:

Yeah, I'm thinking about going, but atm with 8 bands announced as someone going for the YYYs not the Strokes it's not great value

13 hours ago, manchestermusicreview said:

New artists announced for Jungle day - must be coming close to other days’ second announcements. 

84713030-D24A-4F9A-93DB-55643F4BF1FD.jpeg

This for me is a really good day but Jungle headling above Erykah just does not sit right for me. It's Erykah Badu! Maybe Jungle have passed me by but it seems odd. 

Edited by collectivisedfarming
Spelling

3 hours ago, aidenlangan95 said:

Got the feeling that Jungle don’t understand what the word “exclusive” means…

IMG_2299.png

I would guess they can remain exclusive for both as they are very different shows. one will be a full production event, the other is just a low key album launch show therefore that element of the pryzm event is exclusive 

18 hours ago, Laurie189 said:

Is anyone going solo on Friday August 25th for the Strokes and looking for people to meet at the festival?

I am currently! Might have some friends join but they're undecided at the moment.