All Points East 2023

gfa

8 hours ago, ConfidenceMan said:

New Jungle track is good. 

Not "sell out this festival on its own back" good, but still good. 

I'm on the fence there. Luckily, I'd imagine I'll be able to make my final decision in the few days before it goes ahead. 

Yeah, it's a great lead single - if I wasn't at Creamfields that weekend, I'd have certainly been on the hunt for a cheap ticket. Hoping they do some UK dates next year, fingers crossed!

Edited by stanh

that is certainly a festival that is happening

tbf he is at least an arena artist, which is more than Jungle are (currently). Olivia Dean is the only artist to have sold out their Somerset House show this summer (I think) and that includes Interpol, Young Fathers and Beabadoobee. which is something. but i mean, rough…

Other then missing the Strokes day, booking Victorious that weekend was certainly the right decision. However, still hoping to pick up a cheap Haim ticket for the Monday.

So, do we think ot was just a rough year to get bookings or is it a conscious decision to down size a little. 

3 minutes ago, Dales said:

So, do we think ot was just a rough year to get bookings or is it a conscious decision to down size a little. 

Must just be a rough year, don’t see how a festival with Stormzy and The Strokes (considering they sold it out 4 years ago) could be seen as downsizing.

who knows why they persist with the two weekends rather than trying to beef up 3/4 days – that crypto money must be good because how it even breaks is beyond me

14 minutes ago, Dales said:

Other then missing the Strokes day, booking Victorious that weekend was certainly the right decision. However, still hoping to pick up a cheap Haim ticket for the Monday.

Think they just couldn't get the acts to be honest.

They need to go to 3-4 day weekend badly imo, its all well and good giving out free tickets but people only have so many days off i'd rather just see a proper day.

The Jungle and Dermot days combined still wouldn't even sell out its that bad

Are people underestimating Dermot Kennedy's popularity a little, maybe? I've no interest at all but the guy is pretty popular by most measures. He'll certainly sell better than Jungle and I wouldn't be stunned if it sold better than Haim either, especially as he's got the Sunday slot and they're Monday. 

Spotify listens aren't the most accurate metric but Dermot Kennedy has more monthly listens than any of the other headline acts. (14m for DK, 9m for Stormzy, 11m for the Strokes, 5m for Haim and 4.8m for Jungle) 

I haven't followed him much - what sort of venues does he play when he's in the UK? 

11 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

Are people underestimating Dermot Kennedy's popularity a little, maybe? I've no interest at all but the guy is pretty popular by most measures. He'll certainly sell better than Jungle and I wouldn't be stunned if it sold better than Haim either, especially as he's got the Sunday slot and they're Monday. 

Spotify listens aren't the most accurate metric but Dermot Kennedy has more monthly listens than any of the other headline acts. (14m for DK, 9m for Stormzy, 11m for the Strokes, 5m for Haim and 4.8m for Jungle) 

I haven't followed him much - what sort of venues does he play when he's in the UK? 

He played the O2 last friday. did sell out, but not an instant sell out. 

1 hour ago, DarthSaul said:

First year its run since its inception there's not a single day I'll be going to (minus field day)- have gone to at least 2 or 3 every year previously 😞 

Exactly the same here. 

I feel like I'm looking at a festival now that must be run by completely different people...