Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Girl In Red

Amyl and The Sniffers

Angel Olsen

black midi

Julie

HotWax

Nieve Ella.

That's more to my liking and would be all over that if I had not already committed to be at Victorious. Should be a good day.

4 hours ago, emmanuel said:

I don't know about this. I was a fairly massive fan of Aphex Twin in the 90s, but I saw the last 30 minutes of his set a Field Day 2017, after Slowdive, and it didn't do much for me. It sounded more like a DJ set. There is nothing wrong with that, but I've already ticked the box (seen him) and this lineup doesn't really motivate me to go again. I've found other Warp bands playing original music (Plaid, Squarepusher, Autechre) much more enjoyable.

He actually played a lot of his own stuff throughout that set, he played tracks off an album he specifically released for that gig and stuff from his Polygon Window record and material from Collapse, SAW period, Lisbon Acid from AFX and stuff from Caustic Window.  Yeah he always drops other stuff that catches his ear too, raising the profile of other electronic artists that he mixes into his own productions and Weirdcore on the lasers and visuals.

Field Day is good. Bonobo, Jon Hopkins, Sudan Archives, SBTRKT, Fever Ray, etc... V cool. 

Pleased with The Strokes too. Was meant to catch them at Primavera Sound last year but they cancelled the weekend I was there. Yeah Yeah Yeahs are great too, and I'll have to dig into the undercard a bit. I'm not too familiar with a few of those names. 

I'll definitely get tickets for one or both of these Id say. 

9 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

I'll have to dig into the undercard a bit. I'm not too familiar with a few of those names. 

Girl in red is great and blowing up right now, Amyl are an excellent punk band, black midi are absolute chaos and you might love or hate them. Angel Olsen is lovely too. We'd be there if we weren't doing field day

11 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Girl in red is great and blowing up right now, Amyl are an excellent punk band, black midi are absolute chaos and you might love or hate them. Angel Olsen is lovely too. We'd be there if we weren't doing field day

Thanks - stuck on a few tracks from each and I recognise Girl in Red and Angel Olsen already. Guess I know more than I thought!! 

Amyl is new to me, Black midi is a solid no. I'm not into that current brand of noisy chaos but if I recall from my one trip to APE in the past, there was a lot going on so easy to skip something I'm not into. 

After not really feeling a lot of the line ups for the big euro fests this year, I'm glad I can at least mark a single day event into the calendar. 😅

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Adam_B said:

100% in for The Strokes day. How much were the first lot of tickets last year?

£80 for strokes last time (although that had a bigger undercard, so maybe inc inflation about the same i'd say)

4 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

Surprised theres no big London Fred Again show this summer yet

Still a decent bit of stuff to announce - both the other 3 APE days and other fests

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cdm22 said:

Fingers crossed for a cheap ticket nearer the time for the Yeah Yeah Yeahs and then leave nice and early 😄

If memory serves it was really difficult to get cheap tix last year.  Even Twickets didn't seem to have anything below face value, was really odd. 

The Strokes sold out last time so I think I might just purchase straight away - this is definitely a weaker lineup though than 2019's

things to look out for:

team tickets (usually 6 for the price of 5, a good £15 or so off each)

2-4-1 only happened once last year, around mid july. It did have all dates, even the ones closer to selling out

10 minutes ago, WStoner said:

If memory serves it was really difficult to get cheap tix last year.  Even Twickets didn't seem to have anything below face value, was really odd. 

Twitter was a gold mine, we got all our tickets for £40 for Disclosure, Field Day and Tame Impala

edit: i'm going to wait for cheap tickets actually 🙂

Edited by gfa