All Points East 2023

gfa

6 minutes ago, Mcbatesman said:

The headliners on all the days didn't play at the same time as anyone else as far as I'm aware 

Not APE (generally) but going back to Field Day 2017 before APE was a thing, Aphex and RTJ clashed, where this year Chems and Kraftwerk didn't

45 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

That definitely wasn't the 2nd stage. Moderat > Jon Hopkins > Nicolaas Jaar > Nina Kraviz > Aphex Twin is huge, much as I love RTJ, they were 2nd. 

The marketing materials advertised it as the second stage.

https://www.google.com/search?q=aphex+twin+will+be+headlining+field+day's+brand+new+second+indoor+main+stage+arena&oq=aphex+twin+will+be+headlining+field+day's+brand+new+second+indoor+main+stage+arena&aqs=chrome..69i57.11408j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

32 minutes ago, gfa said:

"second main stage" is a very different thing from "second stage" though and half of those links say "to headline". 

Try searching for "run the jewels headline field day 2017" and you'll find zilch, they were added to a lineup with Rich was headlining. 

Edited by BenG92

23 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

"second main stage" is a very different thing from "second stage" though and half of those links say "to headline". 

Try searching for "run the jewels headline field day 2017" and you'll find zilch, they were added to a lineup with Rich was headlining. 

Top billing on the second stage 😂

I thought he headlined too until I was told otherwise.

16 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Again, find me the bit of PR that says Run The Jewels headlined 2017 as opposed to the many that say it was RDJ. Odd hill to die on that

Smaller stage = not a headliner?

Calvin harris played arcadia last year and could  outsell several past pyramid headliners but nobody said he headlined 

4 minutes ago, Aech2ElectricBoogaloo said:

Friday 25th, girl in red, amyl and the sniffers, yeah yeah yeah, hot wax and black midi

Is that with the strokes? my mate will be ALL OVER that!

edit - looked at chain cheers

Edited by gfa

2 minutes ago, gfa said:

Smaller stage = not a headliner?

Calvin harris played arcadia last year and could  outsell several past pyramid headliners but nobody said he headlined 

You're really overthinking it mate. The co-founder himself said "It's truly amazing to have Aphex Twin headline Field Day". 

I love RTJ. They just very obviously did not headline over Aphex Twin's 2-hour first UK show in 10 years on what looks like a bigger stage. That's all. 

Anyway, imagine he'll be doing the same this time although maybe you get another huge name on Rayban beforehand, very excited. 

24 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

You're really overthinking it mate. The co-founder himself said "It's truly amazing to have Aphex Twin headline Field Day". 

I love RTJ. They just very obviously did not headline over Aphex Twin's 2-hour first UK show in 10 years on what looks like a bigger stage. That's all. 

Anyway, imagine he'll be doing the same this time although maybe you get another huge name on Rayban beforehand, very excited. 

maybe, not worth us both digging into statements really

I hope they bring back the hangar type stage they had for aphex

Reckon the other name will be good old Fred - two very different acts who are huge with their audiences and will sell a lot of tickets with their names alone. would be a bit of a weird crowd, although with kraftwerk/chems and then a ton of acts for younger people it was already a bit strange last year

Edited by gfa

1 minute ago, gfa said:

Reckon the other name will be good old Fred - two very different acts who are huge with their audiences and will sell a lot of tickets with their names alone. would be a bit of a weird crowd, although with kraftwerk/chems and then a ton of acts for younger people it was already a bit strange last year

Seems like the A1 obvious pick. I'm doing Glasto for once where he's definitely one of the smaller stage heads so it would be great if I could miss him there for someone else. 

6 minutes ago, Aech2ElectricBoogaloo said:

Nvm been told it's bollocks about the lineup from someone more trustworthy my apologies Strokes could still well be playing I imagine. 

Made sense to me too as Amyl are playing in Portsmouth the same weekend so are defo about plus The Strokes are heavily rumoured