Taylor swift

brettredmayne

3 hours ago, mungo57 said:

They shouldn’t offer them because they’re behind the stage and only there to make extra money presumably. Why are those tickets for sale anyway? There’s only one reason I can think of - ‘to allow more fans to attend’ translates to ‘because Taylor wants another £100m this year’ or something to that effect. Unless they come with a disclaimer that says ‘behind the stage’ or something they shouldn’t be sold. Even then, they’re being sold purely to treat people as cash cows. As I’ve said, ive be done tons of stadium gigs, never once has a seat behind the stage been sold I don’t think. And if you have a restricted view the tickets say so at point of sale.

In that case that might make slightly more sense - if those seats are clearly advertised as ‘restricted view’ or similar to that when purchased. Again I could ask, if they offered you a ticket to the cinema for 20% less but then told you for the last half hour of the film you had to wear a blindfold would you bother? It seems those tickets are standard, clearly there for the extra £ and no other reason, which is why I think it’s wrong.

Again - stop putting words in my mouth - clearly blind people can enjoy music. At least when they pay to see a gig they aren’t expecting anything other than what they know their personal limitations allow. If you are panicking to get a ticket and select ‘best available’ as most sites want you to now, and get a seat behind the stage that isn’t marked as restricted view, if they’re not, that’s just plain wrong.

They’re marked as obstructed view 🤷‍♂️ 

20 hours ago, MEGABOWL said:

They’re marked as obstructed view 🤷‍♂️ 

SHOULD they be sold though?

Theatres sell restricted view seats - thats OK usually as you can still see the show.

Seats behind the stage where you have your own screen scream 'lets maximise the bottom line here' to me.

I just think it's wrong. If you don't agree, then you don't agree. Thats the great thing about being Human, we aren't all the same after all.

8 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

Theatres sell restricted view seats - thats OK usually as you can still see the show.

Yes - In those seats you can still see the show, except for the parts of the show you can't see.

Some London theatres for example are notorious for seats where you can't see the feet of the dancers - which for some shows is a big deal. Or you might not see a quarter of the stage, or have view of the top half of the set impaired by an overhanging balcony - which is a problem if that's where the actors are. Indeed, there's a whole excellent website dedicated to identifying bad seats in London Theatres.

I'm struggling to see how this is any different. The show (essentially) has 3 stages. Two of them, including the one used the majority of the time, you can see fine. One of them, you can't. It's marked as such, and priced down accordingly. Again, not seats I'd be prepared to buy, but there's nothing dishonest here.

• Like 1

I had behind-the-stage seats for Paul McCartney in Adelaide the other week. Weren't cheap, but were the cheapest there - and for a show where it is just five guys playing on stage with no real added frills, you could still see them all in the flesh. (If anything, you got a proper good view at the drum patterns and keyboard riffs.)

Behind the stage seats aren't a new thing, Pearl Jam have done it, Stones, Paul, Metallica, Arcade Fire, Springsteen, Fleetwood, Elton John has done it, the likes of Prince and David Bowie too.. it isn't limited to just one artist.

The idea of a musican / band filling a stadium, arena or venue with as many fans as they possibly can is  not limited to Taylor Swift. It's 100% find that you don't enjoy her music / aren't a fan of her. They are sold as a restricted view, and when the tickets went on sale - that was very clear when you were selecting where to sit. 

And she isn't alone in expensive tickets. The Rolling Stones’ 50 & Counting tour some tickets went for £950. Elton's farewell tour had people spending a minimum of $150 for the seats at the back. Led Zeps reunion in London was around £250 a ticket... Like I say, 100% fine that you dislike her but I think your thought process might be misguided. 

2 hours ago, mungo57 said:

SHOULD they be sold though?

Seats behind the stage where you have your own screen scream 'lets maximise the bottom line here' to me.

I just think it's wrong. If you don't agree, then you don't agree. Thats the great thing about being Human, we aren't all the same after all.

I can’t see a single reason why not, as long as everyone knows what they’re getting. I saw McCartney years ago on one and it was 50000 times better than being sat at home watching Emmerdale. Likewise my mate who had a seat in the away end at Loftus Road marked ‘diabolical view.’ Loads of people sell them, so do Theatres and football grounds. Why deprive people of the choice, where it’s restricted view or nothing?

4 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

We found out when we got to Murrayfield that our tickets for Beyonce were restricted view. They weren't sold as such.

That’s not on. That’s the differentiator for me. It should be clear what people are buying. As long as that’s the case it’s fine.

9 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Now, that could have been anywhere in Loftus Road, to be fair.

Arf. I was right near the front so I could see clearly but any further back you lose the ball at the far end if it goes in the air, and that’s in the supposedly OK seats.

As a total tangent, I was about 3 rows from the pitch when Les Ferdinand scored with one of the hardest shots I’ve ever seen anyone hit. It was against my team but it was still astonishing.

18 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

Arf. I was right near the front so I could see clearly but any further back you lose the ball at the far end if it goes in the air, and that’s in the supposedly OK seats.

As a total tangent, I was about 3 rows from the pitch when Les Ferdinand scored with one of the hardest shots I’ve ever seen anyone hit. It was against my team but it was still astonishing.

How hard are we talking?

10 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Now, that could have been anywhere in Loftus Road, to be fair.

Last time I was there with Luton, the queues were so bad to get in that we missed the first 25 minutes of the match, and then couldn't see the goal at our end of the pitch when we eventually got in. Some absolutely awful views in that upper tier.

4 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Hell, that's nonsense. How bad was the restriction?

Couldn't see the stage as we were side on to it - though we could see the runways and ego ramps OK (albeit side on)

I mean, at least I think so - cos we didn't sit there but just swanned out onto the pitch and into the golden circle.

3 hours ago, duke88 said:

Last time I was there with Luton, the queues were so bad to get in that we missed the first 25 minutes of the match, and then couldn't see the goal at our end of the pitch when we eventually got in. Some absolutely awful views in that upper tier.

Bloody hell. Remind me to not bother with it next time I'm chasing a match.

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Couldn't see the stage as we were side on to it - though we could see the runways and ego ramps OK (albeit side on)

I mean, at least I think so - cos we didn't sit there but just swanned out onto the pitch and into the golden circle.

Sounds like the best course of action.

2 hours ago, MEGABOWL said:

Holy cow!

• 1 month later...
On 10/30/2023 at 5:55 PM, homesick said:

Listened to the Taylor's version of 1989 now, and the differences are (unsurprisingly) minimal compared to the original

And as for the vault songs, they are largely absolute trash sadly

Wow, the vault songs on 1989 (after an already stunning album) are up there with her best work. Is It Over Now? one of her greatest songs of all.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, kalifire said:

screenshot-twitter.com-2024_02.05-14_01_55.png.bb1c9084ec1f28c0eff4f2b896a43c5f.png

Say what you want about this woman being so ever present that it becomes sickening, but my god is she putting in the hours. 

Wasn’t expecting a new album quite so soon, and that’s some album title… wonder if that means there’s gonna be a big setlist shakeup for the EU leg of the tour. 

Well, what great news to wake up to. From the album title alone, I’m guessing (and hoping) this will be return to a folklore style. 
Would expect 4/5 new songs in a setlist, so yeah I’m guessing Midnights will be the victim. And maybe the ‘surprise songs’ may have to be culled to get them in. 

Edited by st dan

10 minutes ago, st dan said:

Well, what great news to wake up to. From the album title alone, I’m guessing (and hoping) this will be return to a folklore style. 
Would expect 4/5 new songs in a setlist, so yeah I’m guessing Midnights will be the victim. And maybe the ‘surprise songs’ may have to be culled to get them in. 

Or just add another half hour to the show😉😊