Taylor swift

brettredmayne

2 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Yeah I'm not going to try with Twickets until I see some success stories in June (will only be trying for the August dates) - will just stick to the 100% official resale avenue on Ticketmaster and AXS

Last night they're was tickets appearing for anfield IMG-20230801-WA0019.thumb.jpeg.e7847ec81c6f7c515ee772786a219888.jpeg

IMG-20230801-WA0013.jpeg

Our Liverpool tickets sold within 10 minutes of being listed. They’re now saying that payment will be “within 17 working days”, which is quite the change from “within seven days of the show” like it said yesterday, so I guess we’ll see. Clearly don’t know their arse from their elbow. 

Sorry to those who bought those LDN tix hoping they were catching the last night of the tour! Insiders have her as being booked for 10 nights in Toronto btw. Eagerly awaiting Suprefan’s comments about this and how sh*t verified fan is 🤔 

does this also mean re-recordings will be going on til the end of 2024? So one more this year (potentially) and two next year maybe?

outdoor gigs in October/November in Florida, Indiana, Louisiana are one thing: but in Toronto? Bloody hell. I dont know if the Rogers centre has a retractable roof or owt but even if it does close, Itll still be absolutely bloody freezing there, not even Rammstein could make that space toasty warm 

3 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

outdoor gigs in October/November in Florida, Indiana, Louisiana are one thing: but in Toronto? Bloody hell. I dont know if the Rogers centre has a retractable roof or owt but even if it does close, Itll still be absolutely bloody freezing there, not even Rammstein could make that space toasty warm 

All the venues except Miami are (or at least, can be) indoors. Pretty sure it'll be fine.

Rogers Centre is better known as the Sky Dome.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

It has a retractable roof but you’re right it’ll still be a little chilly.

feeling for those who travelled to the US because there was no signs of her adding Canada at all

16 minutes ago, ls2408 said:

It has a retractable roof but you’re right it’ll still be a little chilly.

feeling for those who travelled to the US because there was no signs of her adding Canada at all

They dont care cause theyll gladly go again. And Toronto might end up at 10 dates since its the only city in canada. 

also the scene yesterday here just for merch

https://laist.com/news/arts-and-entertainment/thousands-of-swifties-gather-at-sofi-for-pre-show-merch-sale?utm_content=buffer4bfed&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer&fbclid=IwAR2sAykA34MvTZThFx9eNbQMhE2JmqkEzASVf2MMzhEuMfmCICXc_0XtPc0_aem_Af57Q01I5CI3bvjlt2k4D9UhWlHf8at-VP1rp1UJBO0twKjBxdkRxtulOSCaVvSxU7s

47 minutes ago, jparx said:

I think I've just passed in to the realm of peak Swifty.

I'm starting to think LWYMMD is a belter 🥶

Take out the Right Said Fred bits and it’d been fine as an album track that was never acknowledged again after the end of the Reputation era.

The biggest issue was the decision to choose it as a lead single. In conjunction with the tone-deaf ‘woe is me, super-popular billionaire with two Album of the Year Grammys’ narrative and snake imagery, there were a few months there where it suddenly became difficult to admit to being a Swiftie without being sneered at. 

41 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Take out the Right Said Fred bits and it’d been fine as an album track that was never acknowledged again after the end of the Reputation era.

The biggest issue was the decision to choose it as a lead single. In conjunction with the tone-deaf ‘woe is me, super-popular billionaire with two Album of the Year Grammys’ narrative and snake imagery, there were a few months there where it suddenly became difficult to admit to being a Swiftie without being sneered at. 

I was very much turned off from and had a bit of an ick for her around that era and then when ME! and You Need to Calm Down were released pre-Lover I was really in the ‘god she’s gotten lame’ crowd. It’s strange to think about now given how much of a monolith she currently is, but just a couple of years ago she had quite a few stumbles in a row that really put her at risk of losing her ‘cool’ image, or at least being accepted by the ‘cool music’ crowds. Making an ‘indie’ album with one of the dudes from The National (and pulling it off so well) was a f**king master stroke in hindsight. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

the wind whipping off Lake Ontario and around the Rogers centre might be the coldest ive ever been in my life. baseball is a thunderingly boring sport but my god, the food options are ace 😄 twenty different toppings for your footlong hot dog!

33 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I was very much turned off from and had a bit of an ick for her around that era and then when ME! and You Need to Calm Down were released pre-Lover I was really in the ‘god she’s gotten lame’ crowd. It’s strange to think about now given how much of a monolith she currently is, but just a couple of years ago she had quite a few stumbles in a row that really put her at risk of losing her ‘cool’ image, or at least being accepted by the ‘cool music’ crowds. Making an ‘indie’ album with one of the dudes from The National (and pulling it off so well) was a f**king master stroke in hindsight. 

Spot on. Rep and Lover went hard once you ignored the singles, but she still lucked out with Covid forcing her to cancel that tour and undergo a creative reset. Dare say the pandemic benefitted her more than pretty much anyone else on earth tbh. 

2 hours ago, jparx said:

I think I've just passed in to the realm of peak Swifty.

I'm starting to think LWYMMD is a belter 🥶

It's a banger. The attitude just wins you over. A shocking first single from Rep that unapologetically set Taylor's stall out. Love it!

Edited by Hotchilidog

5 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Taylor Swift had a "cool image" and was accepted by the "cool music crowd" pre folklore? That's very much news to me and was not my experience of the Fearless/Speak Now/Red/1989 eras! 

6 hours ago, Amy Lawn said:

How can you say this, the singles are great

Lover is fine if a bit soppy, You Need To Calm Down slaps when you play it at 1.25x speed and ignore the classist tropes in the video, and The Man is cute enough once you get over its idea of feminism sounding like it was pulled from a Tumblr post made in 2013. Me however is irredeemably cringe, right down to the title feeling the need to patronisingly specify it features “Brendon Urie from Panic at the Disco” as opposed to all those other Brendon Uries we might have accidentally thought it was otherwise.  No coincidence that’s one of the few singles from Red onwards that didn’t make the Eras setlist. 

As I say though, aomits every other song on the album bangs so no harm done. 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy
  • Like 1