Mad Cool 2023

edge235

4 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

For me? Long past caring. What‘s the point anymore without giving conclusions?

They could very well just post a random letter from the alphabet and make people guess „uuuh who could that be?“.

Imagine they are just posting random pictures without any link to the lineup? I mean…you can find a reason for any artist to match the picture. Who hasn‘t wrote a line with sugar, hell or a door in it?

It. Is. Boring.

It has the potential to be really exciting, too. But given how their social media was handled in the run up to the festival last year after dropouts and then after the festival in the wake of the wristband refund scandal then I wouldn't have expected any less.

Edited by FeverDream

5 minutes ago, mln said:

According to an user from another forum, Mad Cool sent a press release that announcement is coming on Monday, 13:30. Have no idea if it's legit though.

It’s true, but it’s a press conference. Still I think we’ll get something by Monday evening. 

0F672DCE-DF47-409A-8384-728E3C04989C.jpeg

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Mondo-kun said:

It’s true, but it’s a press conference. Still I think we’ll get something by Monday evening. 

0F672DCE-DF47-409A-8384-728E3C04989C.jpeg

If I get it correctly, they're sharing first names for 2023 with invited people at 13:30, right? Then I think it's safe to assume we will get the announcement in social media at 14:00 like in the past years. 

I think there is no so much room for surprises, only via clues or NOS confirmation, if is not the same, we'll have something like:

1ST HEADLINERS. GUNS & ROSES/  RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS/  BILLIE EILISH

2ND.                         LIZZO/ THE BLACK KEYS/ QUEENS OF STONE AGE

3RD.                        THE 1975/ SAM SMITH/ UNKNOWN (arcade, robbie, lana, bjork, pulp, blur, rosalía, the prodigy...)

It's a potent lineup, attractive to general public, with crystal clear sold-out potential, but I'll wait to undercard gems, a must in recent MC editions, to give my kudos

I'd like to see 2-3 solid bands like Beach House, Weezer, Belle & Sebastian, Sigur Ros, LCD, Wilco, Manic Street Preachers, Kasabian, Cage the Elephant,  etc in that undercard zone and 2-3 first rate electronic shows...let,s see Monday.

Edited by Big Kahuna

55 minutes ago, Big Kahuna said:

I think there is no so much room for surprises, only via clues or NOS confirmation, if is not the same, we'll have something like:

1ST HEADLINERS. GUNS & ROSES/  RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS/  BILLIE EILISH

2ND.                         LIZZO/ THE BLACK KEYS/ QUEENS OF STONE AGE

3RD.                        THE 1975/ SAM SMITH/ UNKNOWN (arcade, robbie, lana, bjork, pulp, blur, rosalía, the prodigy...)

It's a potent lineup, attractive to general public, with crystal clear sold-out potential, but I'll wait to undercard gems, a must in recent MC editions, to give my kudos

I'd like to see 2-3 solid bands like Beach House, Weezer, Belle & Sebastian, Sigur Ros, LCD, Wilco, Manic Street Preachers, Kasabian, Cage the Elephant,  etc in that undercard zone and 2-3 first rate electronic shows...let,s see Monday.

Pretty much a dream line up for me

45 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I read it as Juicebox, thinking of a song by The Strokes.

But then if Lizzo is down the road in Lisbon for NOS Alive the same weekend, that's probably a more rational guess.

seems strokes are late summer, voidz early summer

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

I read it as Juicebox, thinking of a song by The Strokes.

But then if Lizzo is down the road in Lisbon for NOS Alive the same weekend, that's probably a more rational guess.

I can't work this one out. Logically it's Lizzo, but it's literally a Juicebox, which is a strokes song, who love a payday and won't hold a grudge against mad cool for 2020 provided they let them headline and pay them handsomely.