Mad Cool 2023

edge235

9 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

I don‘t get the point of those clues if you don‘t give the resolution the day after. Or give a date when you plan to do so.

I remember 2017 when they gave coordinates of the artist’s founding place each day with the resolution and a new clue the day after. Now THAT was great. This year is dragging.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Usually their social media campaigns pay off..... Other than the strokes/MCR disaster from 2020!

10 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

I don‘t get the point of those clues if you don‘t give the resolution the day after. Or give a date when you plan to do so.

I remember 2017 when they gave coordinates of the artist’s founding place each day with the resolution and a new clue the day after. Now THAT was great. This year is dragging.

We were actually having this chat this morning, it seems counter productive if you aren’t actually going to announce anything after doing them (I know obviously they’ll be announcing things shortly in full but it feels like it’s dragging)

47 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

We were actually having this chat this morning, it seems counter productive if you aren’t actually going to announce anything after doing them (I know obviously they’ll be announcing things shortly in full but it feels like it’s dragging)

If people guess correctly on Instagram they usually say so (without actually saying so) usually by using emojis 

I can’t see any correct on day 2s clue but I sent them a DM and they stated people have guessed it correctly 

13 minutes ago, ThomasP said:

What are the reviews of arcade fire live? Will they be a good surprise? I only know a handful of their bigger hits, I surely can’t be the only one. 

Caught them three times, first time I was too drunk to remember, 2nd time was Everything now tour, amazing and caught them at the WE tour. Still great but Everything now was a good tour.

One of my favs to see live.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ThomasP said:

What are the reviews of arcade fire live? Will they be a good surprise? I only know a handful of their bigger hits, I surely can’t be the only one. 

Seen them twice and I'm not a huge fan. Always great fun live though. The kind of act you can thoroughly enjoy even miles back. Some banging singalongs and generally a great vibe. Surprised to se them around this summer, whit all the allegations against their frontman.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ThomasP said:

I saw them in September but I was too drunk to remember it. Did the same for Machine Head a week later lol.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, ThomasP said:

I went as a casual to an Everything Now tour show in 2018 and thought it was great.

Saying that, it's slightly caught me by surprise for both the fact that they're listed for Spanish festivals in September and that they seem to be still trying to style out the revelations around their singer's poor conduct a few months back by carrying on as if nothing has happened, even if their support acts refuse to tour with them.

14 hours ago, ThomasP said:

Seen them 3 times and thought they were amazing especially a few years back at the York Hall in London. It felt special to see them in such a small venue and was also lucky enough to have caught the Koko show at the start of the year before all the Win stuff come out.

If they do play, I would expect them to put on a good show. Looks like the plan is to just plough on and hope all the allegations will just go away, which they will do if no legal action takes place. I guess if they crawled away and took a long break it would look like he is guilty. It looks like they plan to front it out as if there is nothing to see here.

I was away on holiday and so did not have to make the decision about whether to go to the O2 shows. When they announced the dates I aleady had the holiday booked and so did not get a ticket. Still not sure how I feel about going to see them now. I think, i am no doubt one of those who will see them at some point in the future which feels odd. I guess I will have to see how I feel when there next London shows happen.

If they played and I was at Mad Cool then I would probably see them. Although, unless the line up is trully impressive I will not be there as away every weekend in July already and have Blur at Wembley.