ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales

Crazyfool01

5 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I differ … think it might take the same amount of time but with fewer people trying … so maybe a slightly higher success rate …. Resale lots more back in the pot 

Thats my thinking. If the number of devices last is to be believed and accurate approx 2.7 millions devices tried.... so even if half the devices this time youre still in with 1.35 million others... its going to be exactly the same. 

Biggest difference may be success rate in the re-sale if more tickets are given up. 

18 minutes ago, Havors said:

If the number of devices last is to be believed and accurate approx 2.7 millions devices tried

I'm dubious they know how many 'devices' tried tbh.  They could count individual hits but that would be far more than 2.7 million, or they could count unique IP addresses but given that public IPs are mainly shared the actual figure of devices would again be much greater.

3 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

I'm dubious they know how many 'devices' tried tbh.  They could count individual hits but that would be far more than 2.7 million, or they could count unique IP addresses but given that public IPs are mainly shared the actual figure of devices would again be much greater.

Given that the site definitely does *some* fingerprinting (though I can't determine exactly what), they can make an educated guess.

Yes, it could easily be out +/- 20% or so, but it'll be enough to work with.

44 minutes ago, billum said:

@Joshuwarr quick question - using Magical Text Expander, can you add some sort of TAB character within a shortcut so that it can move to the next field and fill in the whole form with one shortucut, or do you have to create a shortcut for each reg no. & postcode and enter each one individually?

Great question. If it can do that then I am not aware - but it may be worth looking into!

The page that you get sent to when you've over refreshed... I'm sure I got that page almost immediately when trying in the resale last year. And I'm sure I was within the refresh rate tolerance. 

Although now I think about it the page I got had a white background and the one I've mentioned above has a blue background (just checked) 

Any idea what happened? Sorry if this has been answered already.

Just off to the shops to stock up on cheese, cider and twixes

Edited by Scrump

26 minutes ago, Scrump said:

The page that you get sent to when you've over refreshed... I'm sure I got that page almost immediately when trying in the resale last year. And I'm sure I was within the refresh rate tolerance. 

Although now I think about it the page I got had a white background and the one I've mentioned above has a blue background (just checked) 

Any idea what happened? Sorry if this has been answered already.

Just off to the shops to stock up on cheese, cider and twixes

The page you get for over-refreshing is the same as the genuine 'busy' page.  If you were within the limit then, like most others, you saw it because there were no sessions available within seconds of the resale starting,

Can't definitively answer the background colour question but it's possible that certain elements of See's web pages are restricted during the sale to save on data and bandwidth....background colour could be one example.

Edited by parsonjack
  • Thanks 1

Both "versions" of the Busy page had a plain white background in March, and as mentioned were cosmetically identical. It's been updated to make it (very slightly) fancier recently - and while this can't be confirmed until the sale happens* I'd assume will also be cosmetically identical this time around.

*unless someone is prepared to gather an insane amount of resources together and force the site into being genuinely busy. which would be overkill even for us.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Anyone ever get coach tickets but camp in Worthy View/Stinklinch? Is it a pain in the arse to get to their from Gate A?

There’s a shuttle bus between festival coach station at gate A and Worthy View.  Think you’d have to walk to Sticklinch but no different to getting to going by coach and camping in Park area etc - perfectly walkable. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MaxPower said:

Anyone ever get coach tickets but camp in Worthy View/Stinklinch? Is it a pain in the arse to get to their from Gate A?

Yes I did that in June. 

Tried repeatedly until I managed to get a sticklinch bunkpad in the resale, specifically so that I wouldn't need to carry an airbed or equivalent, as I'm old and lazy. 

We also ensured we only carried spirits and no mixers, so we packed as light as possible. 

It worked well, in our case we arrived Thursday and didn't have any of the queue palaver people had on Wednesday, strolled through the gate and had a gentle stroll across the site. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Any monitoring of MAC addresses and they would know. Im dubious of the number myself and its probably unique sessions maybe? but 900k people all using 3 devices or browsers is not beyond the realms of possibilty. Especially as we know some maniacs have about 5 going each 😄 

1 hour ago, Havors said:

Any monitoring of MAC addresses and they would know. Im dubious of the number myself and its probably unique sessions maybe? but 900k people all using 3 devices or browsers is not beyond the realms of possibilty. Especially as we know some maniacs have about 5 going each 😄 

I'd be surprised if they've successfully monitored my multiple devices, seeing that 3 out of the 4 didn't blooming go anywhere 😉

14 hours ago, incident said:

Both "versions" of the Busy page had a plain white background in March, and as mentioned were cosmetically identical. It's been updated to make it (very slightly) fancier recently - and while this can't be confirmed until the sale happens* I'd assume will also be cosmetically identical this time around.

*unless someone is prepared to gather an insane amount of resources together and force the site into being genuinely busy. which would be overkill even for us.

"Over-refreshing" will return the error 429 (Too Many Requests)
This is viewable within the browsers Developers Tools > Console (Chrome) 

2022-10-27_09-54-55.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 3

I'm so f**king buzzing for next Sunday! What's your t-day schedule folks?

Mine:

Drop the daughter off at the inlaws at 8.15am

Get to the office at 8.30am

Make coffee & fire everything up 8.35am

Pray to the festival gods at 8.45am

Argue with the Wife over how seriously I'm taking it at 8.47am

Agree whatsapp rules with everyone in the group at 8.50am

Get the butterflies at 8.55am

Swear profusely at 9.02am

Get through at 9.12am

Enter details, click next then nothing happens 9.13am

Swear a lot 9.14am

Get tickets at 9.16am

Do a happy dance 9.17am

• Upvote 4

Lots of people i know are turning onto glasto for the first time it seems, we've got 16 of us and i know another group thats a similar size + some other smaller ones. Think our lot were basically the only people i know who went this year / from my school year etc

4 minutes ago, topmarksbri said:

Curious if anyone has any anecdotal evidence from friends who don't regularly attend etc how much interest there is this year? Amongst my group basically no change from regular attendees but no real additions either. 

Same levels of attendance from the regulars plus a few first timers trying out of curiosity. It's going to be the typical most intense 37 minutes of the year

Was a first timer last year after years of wanting to go, managed to get tickets for five of us. Of that five, only three are going back this year and I don't know of anyone else hoping to go, though this is partially because another friend of ours has their wedding the same weekend as Glasto '23. I've already RSVP'd to say no, but if I'm unsuccessful next week then I'll revisit that!

• Like 1

• Crazyfool01 changed the title to ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales