ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales

Crazyfool01

58 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Starting to get some serious ticket day anxiety now. Have avoided it by not reading through this thread but for some reason couldn’t help myself today.

Just checked - on the booking page link posted on this thread - and all registrations seem correct, just got a ‘admission not on sale yet’ message, rather than a ‘registration couldn’t be found,’ so I’m assuming I’m all good?

Still got to set up/update the keyboard shortcuts on my phone as a few of the people on my group have had a postcode change. That’s what got me my tickets in the 2019 resale!

2 weeks tomorrow and we’ll all know our fate!

Yes, it would also say if there was a postcode mismatch, which can be handy if anyone in your group has moved

24 minutes ago, Moran said:

It's gonna be my first glastonbury festival so I know it's gonna sound stupid haha

What are the differences between a Ticket plus coach travel, and general admission tickets? Why are they sold on different dates?

The festival want to encourage people to travel there by coach as it's greener, they put the coach tickets on sale first as they know they will then sell out, if you buy a "ticket plus coach" you HAVE to go on the coach, they don't give you your festival ticket until you are on the coach, general admission is a standard ticket, you make your own way there.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2022 at 11:59 AM, dotdash79 said:

Some people set up 2 registrations for the coach and if successful then try for the general as they prefer to drive.

The festival does review and if that happens then both tickets are cancelled.

On 10/18/2022 at 2:12 PM, Zoo Music Girl said:

Well the festival say they do, but has anyone actually heard of this happening in practice?

Has anyone ever successfully done this?!

Anyone got opinions of the comparative efficacy of different browsers for linking to See Tickets/Glastonbury?

My PC go-to is FireFox

My android phone go-to is DuckDuckGo

On PC I also have Microsoft Edge, which I never use, Chrome

On phone I also have Google, Chrome, and FireFox

I find that when I travel and use hotel wifis sometimes some link better than others.

Dont't know yet whether I will be at home - so PC AND phone available to use

Or away from home so phone only

Edited by airwaves
added detAIL

10 hours ago, airwaves said:

Anyone got opinions of the comparative efficacy of different browsers for linking to See Tickets/Glastonbury?

My PC go-to is FireFox

I find that when I travel and use hotel wifis sometimes some link better than others.

Pretty certain there is little but anecdotal evidence for using one browser over another.  Go with whichever you can trust to refresh quickly and are comfortable doing so for an extended period.

2 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

So what is the deal with this Registration page deal, are people just filling it in, bookmarking and then refreshing on the Sunday sale?

It's highly unlikely that will work for the Sunday sale as any booking session you may have been allocated by See when you open the page now will expire before the sale begins.

Best use for it now is to stick in all your reg details and check you get a 'Tickets not available' response for each one. If you get 'Registration not found' then the details entered are wrong and need to be checked. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I wonder what kind of sacrifice the SeeTickets God would accept?

I might polish off a can of Brothers cider this weekend as an offering. 

Chuck a twix over the fence into your neighbour's garden

13 hours ago, airwaves said:

My PC go-to is FireFox

If it's important to you then try to be somewhere with decent connectivity, that will affect your performance more than browser - so if you've got pc and phone that would at, least give you two bites at the cherry - plenty of people have successfully got to the buy screen on the second whilst the first fails, although obviously it can be a bit more challenging excitedly putting in several people's details on a small touch screen, so that's worth preparing for. 

3 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I'm keeping one open on my phone for Sunday. Will likely try to get a new page at the same time but figure it can't hurt!

I always  connect the PC using an Ethernet cable rather than trust the wireless connection.  . The I pad is also used and the phone is on standby in case I get a message code from the bank to verify the payment if I’m lucky enough to get to that point.   Having said that, years ago I got tickets on my phone whilst on holiday in Jersey! 

3 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

It’s all about the worthy cheddar 

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Chuck a twix over the fence into your neighbour's garden

Can easily get myself some cheddar (altho not Wothy cheddar), as well as a twix, to go along with my Brother's Cider. 

My wife is in store for one helluva funky date night meal come Saturday.

• Upvote 2

• Crazyfool01 changed the title to ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales