ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales

Crazyfool01

Ref all the issues with See's system.....unfortunately See are contracted to manage the sale, and to sell 135,000 tickets.

They're almost certainly not contracted to 'sell 135,000 tickets in a smooth issue-free process that provides a confident and stress-free experience to the Customer'.

Sorry.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Ref all the issues with See's system.....unfortunately See are contracted to manage the sale, and to sell 135,000 tickets.

They're almost certainly not contracted to 'sell 135,000 tickets in a smooth issue-free process that provides a confident and stress-free experience to the Customer'.

Sorry.

Not sure who could manage that load smoothly. Amazon maybe.

58 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

My group was the same, my friend said he got through just as Emily tweeted they had sold out. Congrats!

You too! 

It's made even sweeter by the fact we'd given up and were discussing alternatives in our despair (while F5ing to the end of course)

But it's the efests collective experience that helped - we told our friend to carry on whatever it said on twitter and she's the one that got through.

Edited by efcfanwirral

Are we able to finally put to bed the rumour that the site rate limits by IP address? I had four devices all refreshing at 1 second intervals, going through the same connection (which happens to have a fixed IP) and got tickets at about 09:25. Nothing to suggest I was being blocked or rate limited, even though I was ~4 times the claimed limit, and I'm yet to see any solid evidence that such a limit exists.

With CGNAT ISPs use the same IP address for multiple customers (mine does, which is why I pay for a fixed dedicated IP address) so it would be madness to rate limit just on IP, not to mention those on shared connections un university, companies, hotels, community connections etc. I don't know of any modern HA site that does, they all use more advanced heuristic signals and have done for some time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RaphPH said:

At random - I picked yours to try as me and all my mates had got in already - and I got as far as entered your details in but it kept crashing after that point. Annoyingly. I have a screen grab of your details on the registration page.

Aw mate, cheers for trying! 
One of us got as far as entering payment details but then it just kept crashing. I didn’t get past the hold page 😞

1 minute ago, essjay2009 said:

Are we able to finally put to bed the rumour that the site rate limits by IP address? I had four devices all refreshing at 1 second intervals, going through the same connection (which happens to have a fixed IP) and got tickets at about 09:25. Nothing to suggest I was being blocked or rate limited, even though I was ~4 times the claimed limit, and I'm yet to see any solid evidence that such a limit exists.

With CGNAT ISPs use the same IP address for multiple customers (mine does, which is why I pay for a fixed dedicated IP address) so it would be madness to rate limit just on IP, not to mention those on shared connections un university, companies, hotels, community connections etc. I don't know of any modern HA site that does, they all use more advanced heuristic signals and have done for some time.

The refresh limit is applied based on your external IP but on a per-glasto IP basis.  Glasto had 10 IPs published this year.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, essjay2009 said:

I had no issues and I was hitting the site at 0.1 second - Refreshinator took until after the ticket sale to get through though, but somehow was still successful.

26 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Sorry.

@BBC7BBCHEAVENSorry you didn't like that bud.  It's the hard truth though.

I'm trying really hard to be a grown up about it, but you can currently trip over my pouting lip. Told me my card was declined once and then payment details entered twice, authorisation code twice, and still nothing 

I would rather not have even gotten through to the booking page than be kicked out after paying 

4 minutes ago, Noble Skunk said:

The refresh limit is applied based on your external IP but on a per-glasto IP basis.  Glasto had 10 IPs published this year.

Right, so unless you get extremely unlucky with the load balancers no one should worry about being rate limited.

I'd still be surprised if they were only using IP address when rate limiting, even on a per-instance basis, for the reasons I've listed (and knowing how other high-traffic high-availability sites operate).

No tickets here, gutted but we have been lucky on ticket day since 2014 so it had to happen sooner or later. And I put out all my Worthy Farm Reserve Cheddar packets for luck. Maybe that was the problem.

None of us got of the holding page until after the sold out announcement when some managed to put in reg details but couldn't get to payment no matter how much refreshing and retrying we did.

April it is then (along with everyone else). If that fails it will be fingers in my ears shouting "la la la I can't hear you" for all of Glastonbury Week

Absolute shitshow, you would think after having the contract for so long this would've been more straight forward, Seetickets simply are having way too many issues with regards to the Glastonbury sale. Horrible seeing so many on here missing out, Here's to April and hopefully all the fly by night festival goers won't like the lineup. Got this years (2022) tickets in April's resale and it was the easiest in years for me so hopefully that will bode well for next years resale.

Best of luck to everyone and let to today go, we will be successful in April I'm sure of it

Bob

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, essjay2009 said:

Right, so unless you get extremely unlucky with the load balancers no one should worry about being rate limited.

I'd still be surprised if they were only using IP address when rate limiting, even on a per-instance basis, for the reasons I've listed (and knowing how other high-traffic high-availability sites operate).

Definitely a better chance with 10 IPs, and the TTL on those records is 1 minute. Good chance your 4 devices hit unique Glasto IPs but I do believe it's just based on external IP <> Glasto IP.  It's not based on browser agent field or anything like that.  Give it a test.

14 minutes ago, Festival Liam said:

I've done over 10 of these sales, don't think I've seen such a messy one for years and years. (think a really old one in like 2013 was 45 minutes of crashes, but I can't remember) 

We got tickets after multiple fails at around 10.20. 19 minutes after the sold our Tweets. 

Similar time to me, pressing the next button just PRAYING that the pages didn't time out. After 2 attempts to put the Reg numbers in, the payment sailed on through.

• Crazyfool01 changed the title to ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales