Green Man 2023

March Hare

Unfortunately, although doing Settlers may have to join online meetings on the Wednesday.

Any advice welcome on coffee shops, hotels etc that could be a place to go with half decent wifi, and also that wouldn't mind me doing it (I'd buy coffees, sandwich etc through the day so not total freeloading).

1 hour ago, riverlodge said:

Unfortunately, although doing Settlers may have to join online meetings on the Wednesday.

Any advice welcome on coffee shops, hotels etc that could be a place to go with half decent wifi, and also that wouldn't mind me doing it (I'd buy coffees, sandwich etc through the day so not total freeloading).

Plenty of places in Crick (pubs and cafes), Dragon and Bear spring to mind.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, collectivisedfarming said:

The banquet, a nice idea which I'd have liked to have done, seems completely over priced to me, particularly if you don't eat meat. 

Agreed. We did it last year and it was really nice, but felt the price point is just too high. Not doing it this year.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, arteet said:

Agreed. We did it last year and it was really nice, but felt the price point is just too high. Not doing it this year.

Same thoughts, and we missed a couple of bands we wanted to see.

Feel it may work better as a settlers thing.

Did something similar at Bluedot a few years ago. Was a similar price but food was a lot better, more of it and on at an earlier time.

Edited by axel75

7 hours ago, thym3lord said:

We’re considering buying Settlers tickets on Fanticks, and selling our normal tickets there. Does anyone what the turnover of the secondary market is like is like? Don’t want to end up with extra tickets we can’t get rid of, or no tickets at all.

what tier are your normal tickets? Just look at the prices on there and price at the low end. If you're a later tier you might have to lose money on them

Hi all, was looking for some help with a few clashes (based on clash-finder, depending on final timings) with some bands I haven't seen live and can't (and don't want to!) choose between. Just wondering what people might recommend if having seen them before.

Here are the clashes:

Lost Map vs Rogue Jones (thurs)

(arghhg!) Spiritualised vs Bug Club (thurs)

Sorry vs Eaves Wilder vs Butch Cassidy (Fri)

Daniel Avery vs PVA (Fri)

Water From your eyes vs Mandy, Indiana (Sat)

James Holden vs MadMadMad

There's a few others currently with some i've seen before, so guess i'll make the call on the day. Hoping there's a little bit of "shuffle" when the times come out to help.

Thanks anyone for their recommendations!!

Paul.

18 minutes ago, Paul McM said:

Hi all, was looking for some help with a few clashes (based on clash-finder, depending on final timings) with some bands I haven't seen live and can't (and don't want to!) choose between. Just wondering what people might recommend if having seen them before.

Here are the clashes:

There's a few others currently with some i've seen before, so guess i'll make the call on the day. Hoping there's a little bit of "shuffle" when the times come out to help.

Paul.

My take:

Lost Map / Rogue Jones (quite like both but Lost Map sound a bit funner and more interesting)

Spiritualized / Bug Club (not sure tbh as not really keen on either of them.  Spz are probably “better” but they also seem quite dull live.  Bug Club I reckon will be more entertaining and engaging.  I’m not sure what I’ll end up doing…probably neither - Round The Twist/Chai Wallahs anyone?) 

Sorry / Eaves Wilder / Butch Kassidy (definitely BK for me, a must see). 

Daniel Avery / PVA (both will be good I think but slightly prefer DA). 

Water From Your Eyes / Mandy Indiana (this is a tough one but I’m just slightly more excited by Water From Your Eyes at the moment, feel like Mandy Indiana are around a lot as well.  I’m hoping I can see a bit of both when the final times are released though, ideally squeezing in Mandy Indiana before rushing back to WG for clipping.)

James Holden / MadMadMad (definitely Holden for me, will be brilliant I think.  MadMadMad will be more of a fun and danceable thing though, which might be more appealing come Sunday night - Holden will be quite chin strokey probs) 

Edited by lessthanwill1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Paul McM said:

Here are the clashes:

Paul.

Can only comment on a couple of these.

Saw Butch Kassidy a few days ago and they do very good post rock circa-the early 2000s. So if that's your thing they are worth checking out. See also Deathcrash later in the weekend as a possible alternative.

Didn't get along with PVA when I saw them. Seemed like they were more suited to a dark club basement not a festival atmosphere.

Holden solo is a bit 'man behind electronics desk', Holden with band is amazing. I assume though that we have the former so I suppose it depends on how much you like his music and are happy to see it recreated without bells and whistles.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FionaFiona said:

Does anyone know how far it is to walk from Campervan field to arena entrance please? And is there any kind of lockup in the main arena If don't want carry stuff back and forth? 

Its about a 10 minute or so walk to the arena entrance, but then a further 5-10 minute walk depending on what stage you're going to. In all honesty, when i've been in the van we tried to minimise how often we went back and forth.

• Like 1

On 8/7/2023 at 8:27 AM, sneakyhalibut007 said:

This may have been asked before but we don't have a parking pass and wondering if it's best to use park and ride or drive to the main car park? Are there likely to be queues for the main car park and does the P and R drop off closer to the camping area? 

You can pay at the gate, the line in splits into pre-paid and those paying, only takes a minute longer but costs an extra few quid.

I usually arrive at the Orange Car Park between 9 and 10am on Thursday morning and there’s hardly a queue. Follow the signs to Orange parking over the mountain and arrive via Llangynidr. (Depending on where you’re travelling from)

Spiritualized vs Bug Club. 

I have seen Spzd many times but not for about 10 years. Seen Bug Club once. 

Spzd can be mind blowing and recent gig reviews show they are on form but if J Spaceman is ill/off form it can be disappointing. They tend to play big concert halls these days so the chance to see them is a smallish tent is appealing.  Also J Spaceman health is well documented, I think its fair to say that you never know if it's the last chance.  It could be magical. Or it might not be, but if you're a fan of them, it'd be hard to miss. 

The Bug Club, on the rise, playing everywhere.  Really good fun band, uplifting and will be genuinely pleased to see you, especially playing against a big name like Spzd.  Enjoyable but a bit samey after a while.  I'd be there like a shot if they weren't against Spzd. 

Spzd wins for me!