Volunteering 2023

neil93

Hi team does anyone know when wristbanding stops today for FMS arrivals? Friend worried he may not be able to get on site by time of arrival. Thanks 

2 hours ago, stuie said:

Hi team does anyone know when wristbanding stops today for FMS arrivals? Friend worried he may not be able to get on site by time of arrival. Thanks 

I think FMS are quite active on Twitter so maybe try that route?

Volunteering with Oxfam from tomorrow and I’m really disappointed by their communications. Given me little instruction on where to go, despite the camping being in a specific spot in the festival site. They have one bus from Bristol which is booked up, and when I asked for more advice on how to get there, they basically just said “it’s difficult” via email and “I don’t know” via the telephone. So, if anyone has any useful info on getting from Castle Cary to Oxfam’s camping, that would be much appreciated. 

5 minutes ago, chemica said:

Volunteering with Oxfam from tomorrow and I’m really disappointed by their communications. Given me little instruction on where to go, despite the camping being in a specific spot in the festival site. They have one bus from Bristol which is booked up, and when I asked for more advice on how to get there, they basically just said “it’s difficult” via email and “I don’t know” via the telephone. So, if anyone has any useful info on getting from Castle Cary to Oxfam’s camping, that would be much appreciated. 

I was literally about to post the same thing, my son is on his way to Castle Carey now and has no idea how to get to the festival from there.

22 minutes ago, mazola said:

I was literally about to post the same thing, my son is on his way to Castle Carey now and has no idea how to get to the festival from there.

There’s usually lots of volunteers arriving into castle cary atm and it’s easy to share a cab.. 

17 minutes ago, Pipine said:

There’s usually lots of volunteers arriving into castle cary atm and it’s easy to share a cab.. 

That's promising, thanks. Where would they get the cab to? I'm thinking they would need to go to purple gate on the A37 and walk from there. That's the entrance I used when I drove

8 minutes ago, mazola said:

That's promising, thanks. Where would they get the cab to? I'm thinking they would need to go to purple gate on the A37 and walk from there. That's the entrance I used when I drove

The cab driver I got had done Glastonbury week many times and knew exactly where to go, I think for water aid and oxfam it was winding lake farm? It should say in the welcome email…  It wasn’t a long walk from drop off to the oxfam office. 

4 minutes ago, Pipine said:

The cab driver I got had done Glastonbury week many times and knew exactly where to go, I think for water aid and oxfam it was winding lake farm? It should say in the welcome email…  It wasn’t a long walk from drop off to the oxfam office. 

There wasn't anything in there about a drop off, only advice was to get the coach from Bristol which as @chemica said was already sold out by the time they got their place. 

That’s weird, I’ve tried to look back through my emails when I volunteered for any clues but I’m almost certain the place to head for was windinglake farm, then a very short walk to the oxfam field. I got a cab with two water aid volunteers who were going a similar way.  Someone on the oxfam festivals Facebook page should be able to confirm.  
The taxi drivers are just doing loops between the station and the festival atm and will have taken other volunteers in so they should also know where to go.  Good luck!

Edited by Pipine
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, chemica said:

Son's just texted me to say he's on a crew bus taking him to gate A, there's a couple of other oxfammers on there as well. He said there was an oxfam bus there as well but was full up, so you may end up lucky and get on that

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jack.194 said:

Does anyone know if Oxfam volunteers park in a separate car park to everyone else? 
I’ve got two friends travelling down, one volunteering, and one with a standard ticket, they’re unsure of the situation.

Oxfam volunteers get their own specific car park literally a stones throw away from the Oxfield.

4 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Does anyone know if Oxfam volunteers park in a separate car park to everyone else? 
I’ve got two friends travelling down, one volunteering, and one with a standard ticket, they’re unsure of the situation.

It's not separate, but they're allocated to Purple Car Park and as they're arriving before the public should be in Purple 4 right next to the Oxfam Field.

Public Cars will be directed into the field as well, once they start backfilling spaces.

11 hours ago, Grifff said:

Hi, I have a bit of a daft footwear question. This will be my tenth Glastonbury but first one volunteering with Shelter. Will I be ok in Gortex boots behind the bar? Just wondering if it gets extra muddy behind there with all the liquid sloshing about? I really want to avoid lugging my wellies all the way there if I won’t need them 

Worked a bar one year where the sink water collection buckets were not getting emptied regularly, resulting in a swamp near the sink for the whole festival despite it being dry. Wrecked my trainers that year. Boots would have been better. 

• Thanks 1

Long shot but the oxfam shift swap whiteboard is a mess and got rained on in the night too.

Working shifts D (weds 6.00-14.00, Fri 2200-0600, Sunday 14.00-22.00)

Looking for B or E . Any Elton fan working Sunday night/guns n roses fan working Saturday want to swap?? Can throw in some drinks if anything.

Edited by oxfam volunteer 2