Rock Werchter 2023

BenG92

Because the Covid changed her plans in 2020-2021, I wouldn't be surprise if she does a massive Summer tour next year. Doing big festivals in June and early July. Then come back for like 2 weeks end of August to play at Reading and a few festivals around like Lollapalooza Berlin. It doesn't happen often, for sure. But I'm certain I've seen a few big acts doing it already. But can't remember/find which ones right now...

Rock Werchter - Mad Cool - Lollapalooza Paris - Sziget - Reading - Lollapalooza Berlin and some other festivals/arenas in between.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Archi said:

Got the info from someone working at Rock Werchter that the last headliner would be announced in January... hope she was wrong. Seems a long time to announce an headliner for the festival.

If the case, it'll probably be someone playing Coachella and they'll have to make the grand 1st announcement which happens early January.

If that's the case it may be either Frank Ocean or Rhianna. 

1 hour ago, Archi said:

Got the info from someone working at Rock Werchter that the last headliner would be announced in January... hope she was wrong. Seems a long time to announce an headliner for the festival.

Lollapalooza Stockholm sells early bird tickets from tomorrow but will not announce acts until January. It‘s the same weekend as Rock Werchter.

Maybe some truth to what your source said?

If we are to read within the lines of waiting on Coachella, and Lolla Sweden being the same weekend, i would suspect Rihanna to be that name. She will be back to playing live at SuperBowl halftime show in early February, could announce a few festivals after Coachella in January, and then a full stadium tour the morning after SB in February.

What if it‘s no Billie in July after all?

Maybe „all eyes on Monday“ means a lot of acts minus the last headliner? Which won‘t be announced until January?

Werchter to Sziget or even Reading/Leeds seems like a very long leg for Billie. I could see her starting with Sziget and doing R/L, Lollapalooza Berlin, etc.

I know @Ken19 ruled her out for PKP, but maybe it doesn‘t necessarily mean she‘s at RW.

Edited by Karlos12345

1 hour ago, Karlos12345 said:

What if it‘s no Billie in July after all?

Maybe „all eyes on Monday“ means a lot of acts minus the last headliner? Which won‘t be announced until January?

Werchter to Sziget or even Reading/Leeds seems like a very long leg for Billie. I could see her starting with Sziget and doing R/L, Lollapalooza Berlin, etc.

I know @Ken19 ruled her out for PKP, but maybe it doesn‘t necessarily mean she‘s at RW.

Yeah, maybe I’m hoping too much for Billie being the big Friday name. It can be something totally different as well. 

Guess we will know more by tomorrow. 

2 hours ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

If the case, it'll probably be someone playing Coachella and they'll have to make the grand 1st announcement which happens early January.

If that's the case it may be either Frank Ocean or Rhianna. 

Doesn't need to be linked to Coachella at all. In 2018 AM were announced for RW in January, The Killers in February. For 2020, the Strokes also in January ... all had nothing to do with Coachella.

Besides, Frank Ocean will never headline RW. Too much of a risk. DDon'tbelieve in Rihanna after the Pukkelpop disaster and bad ticket sales for Werchter Boutique.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mln said:

I don't know anymore...

She will be in Europe from August, 15 to at least September, 1. It makes me wonder if late June / early July is still possible then...

Two weeks in August, two weeks in July covering all the biggest festivals in each period.

August for NL, Hungary, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Ireland, Germany ...

July for Spain, Portugal, Poland, Denmark, Belgium ...

Would make sense imi. 

1 minute ago, EV123 said:

Two weeks in August, two weeks in July covering all the biggest festivals in each period.

August for NL, Hungary, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Ireland, Germany ...

July for Spain, Portugal, Poland, Denmark, Belgium ...

Would make sense imi. 

6 festivals in 2 weeks in August? Especially given most don’t have acts on Mon/Tues/Weds?