The 1975

NorthernSoul52

Watched their set at Reading and was really impressed. Thought the set list was great and the crowd were lapping it up (must admit this has also been the case for all of the crowds I have seen so far when I was actually expecting seas of phones so nice surprise). I still think I'd feel a little underwhelmed if they were a Pyramid headliner and unsure why...

5 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

Watched their set at Reading and was really impressed. Thought the set list was great and the crowd were lapping it up (must admit this has also been the case for all of the crowds I have seen so far when I was actually expecting seas of phones so nice surprise). I still think I'd feel a little underwhelmed if they were a Pyramid headliner and unsure why...

I was there and they were the best headliner of the weekend, AM were good but could've been better

1 hour ago, hodgey123 said:

Always have the biggest grin on my face when I see Reading crowds going for it and having the time of their lives. Just makes me happy, remembering how being 15/16/17/whatever and at your first festival was so much fun.

Edited by Zacko

23 hours ago, Zacko said:

Always have the biggest grin on my face when I see Reading crowds going for it and having the time of their lives. Just makes me happy, remembering how being 15/16/17/whatever and at your first festival was so much fun.

I skipped all other festivals and had Glastonbury as my first when I was 18, looking back I wish I had started with the standard 'first' festivals like Reading and Leeds looking at all these teenagers absolutely loving life!

5 hours ago, hodgey123 said:

I skipped all other festivals and had Glastonbury as my first when I was 18, looking back I wish I had started with the standard 'first' festivals like Reading and Leeds looking at all these teenagers absolutely loving life!

I think we did one Boardmasters and then straight to Glasto the year after, so it was a similar vibe of going almost straight to the big daddy and ruining everything else! 😅

I actually think they deserve a shot at headlining now. Dunno when that will be as the festival have acts that will probably get it before them (Dua and Sam), but in the past few months they’ve proved to me that they can bounce back from a bit of a shitty album.

Their newest singles have been good and I think they did a good headlining R&L last min. I’m happy to take the L on this one. 

(I also think Matty Healy has matured a bit and is becoming a bit more likeable as a person). 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I actually think they deserve a shot at headlining now. Dunno when that will be as the festival have acts that will probably get it before them (Dua and Sam), but in the past few months they’ve proved to me that they can bounce back from a bit of a shitty album.

Their newest singles have been good and I think they did a good headlining R&L last min. I’m happy to take the L on this one. 

(I also think Matty Healy has matured a bit and is becoming a bit more likeable as a person). 

On your last point 

Screenshot_20220904-095025.jpg

1 minute ago, scatteredscreens said:

On your last point 

Screenshot_20220904-095025.jpg

I think he has learnt how to take the piss out of himself a bit more. He’s clearly joking and I quite like the fact that he joins in on the pisstake.

Nothing worse than someone who can’t take any jokes on their behalf.

12 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I think he has learnt how to take the piss out of himself a bit more. He’s clearly joking and I quite like the fact that he joins in on the pisstake.

Nothing worse than someone who can’t take any jokes on their behalf.

I read the article. He's utterly insufferable. All down to personal preference but The 1975 are naff. 

On 9/1/2022 at 4:24 PM, Zacko said:

Reading 2006 was my first ever festival, Muse headlined and opened with Knights Of Cydonia.

The huge rock "drop" at the end is the moment I fell in love with festivals. Reading often gets a load of shade on here but it's a great place to cut your teeth.

• Upvote 1

I'm so torn on this tour. I saw them on both of their last tours and they were amazing but I promised the wife we (I) would cut down on gigs. I imagine tickets will be like £50 but it's the spending when you're there too. First time cost of living has really come into my thinking but I got Coldplay tickets for pretty much £100 and Glastonbury (if I'm lucky enough) are touching £300, think I might need to be sensible with this one and admit she's right. Dammit.

Edited by DareToDibble

11 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I'm so torn on this tour. I saw them on both of their last tours and they were amazing but I promised the wife we (I) would cut down on gigs. I imagine tickets will be like £50 but it's the spending when you're there too. First time cost of living has really come into my thinking but I got Coldplay tickets for pretty much £100 and Glastonbury (if I'm lucky enough) are touching £300, think I might need to be sensible with this one and admit she's right. Dammit.

From Seetickets for Manchester:

STANDING £57.50 (£49.50)

SEATS    £57.50 (£49.50)

SEATS    £46.50 (£39.50)

• Thanks 1

Prices a bit higher than had hoped, but doesn't seem to have stopped them from having some very good sales.

Very belated arrival, but - perhaps unsurprisingly, given how I've beaten the drum and got on @Matt42's wick for a few months over their credentials (apologies if I've annoyed you too much there, @Matt42!) - thought they were terrific at Leeds. A toss-up between them and Dave for the strongest headliner of the weekend, if not the strongest act outright. (Little Simz also superb from the bit I caught.)

Not really the place to say in this thread but can only assume those who saw Megan Thee Stallion at Glastonbury got a far superior show than the one she gave at Leeds. That said, the crowd mostly went bananas for it.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah the 4? they’ve released so far have been great. I wasn’t a huge fan of Part of the Band when it first got released but it’s grown on me. The other 3 I loved at first listen.

I have to say they’ve been great every time I’ve seen them live, too. Looking forward to seeing them next year.