The 1975

NorthernSoul52

23 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Yeah the 4? they’ve released so far have been great. I wasn’t a huge fan of Part of the Band when it first got released but it’s grown on me. The other 3 I loved at first listen.

I have to say they’ve been great every time I’ve seen them live, too. Looking forward to seeing them next year.

Same here - not as instant as the others, but might now be my favourite of the 4 (and they are all good!)

Check this out - the live version sounds even better than the studio version -

2 minutes ago, Zacko said:

Really like the version of TooTime they did in this as well! 

Yep - agreed.  Great set - they are sounding right back on form. 

When I saw them in the 02 just before Covid hit, they seemed completely burnt out, and then Notes came out and was a bit of a misfire.  Since then I have been doubting whether they could get back on track, but I needn't have worried.  Loving the new stuff and the new aesthetic as well - really looking forward to the new album on Friday.

• Upvote 1

Was a study Live Lounge set this. As I've maintained for several months now, feel they are both good enough and big enough to justify a Pyramid headline slot; the R+L salvos and what's trickled out from the new record mostly backs that up.

Tour sales have been a curious one, from what I've seen. Sell-outs in major central markets - London, Manchester, the like - but reams of stuff unsold in Leeds, for example. That could well come down to festival fever, but seem to recall they sold out the last arena run pre-lockdown like hot cakes. (Certainly, some very lively memories of what felt like a Leeds show crammed to the gills.)

Edited by NorthernSoul52
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Was a study Live Lounge set this. As I've maintained for several months now, feel they are both good enough and big enough to justify a Pyramid headline slot; the R+L salvos and what's trickled out from the new record mostly backs that up.

Tour sales have been a curious one, from what I've seen. Sell-outs in major central markets - London, Manchester, the like - but reams of stuff unsold in Leeds, for example.

Yeah - I have tickets for Belfast, but there are loads of seats still available.  Same the last time they played Belfast in 2019, and yet the 02 London has 2 nights and sells outs really quick.  Strange one.

I'm seeing them on the 3rd night of the US tour in a brand new 5,000 capacity venue in Boston in just under 4 weeks and I cannot fucking wait after seeing this Live Lounge.  Just watched it on iplayer again and they are right back on form.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, circus92 said:

Same here - not as instant as the others, but might now be my favourite of the 4 (and they are all good!)

Check this out - the live version sounds even better than the studio version -

Yeah it’s great isn’t it. I was actually in the car at the time of them doing the Live Lounge, they sounded fantastic I thought.

I have tickets to see them in Cardiff next year and can’t wait. Their back catalogue now is big enough that they’re actually having to leave great songs out of their set list.

Album is bloody brilliant.  3 full listens from start to finish and no skips for me which is very rare. Love it!

All the bloat / interludes etc have gone and it is way better for it.  Production is incredible and it flows really well.  The 4 singles had my expectations up - thankfully the other 7 have kept that standard up and possibly even raised it higher still.  Looking for Somebody (To Love), Oh Caroline and the absolutely gorgeous About You are the highlights of the non singles. Even "The 1975" opening track has turned into a proper song (albeit leaning heavily on LCD All My Friends)

Loving the fact they are going to play the album in full on the upcoming tour - cant wait to hear it all live.

15 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Hmm not sure overall. It's a bit bland, but I'm more of How To Draw and Head.Cars.Bending kinda guy.

Needs more listens.

Pretty much how I feel. It’s definitely their most cohesive album in a while but a lot of the stuff that’s missing is what I enjoy most (Lostmyhead, How to Draw, I like it when you sleep etc). It’s a pretty good album though and will be giving it plenty more listens.

Edited by kingcrawler
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

A commercial, easily-accessible album is exactly what they needed to get back on track after Notes tbh. Sure that was exactly the intention when they hired Jack. And equally sure that they’ll be back to six minute garage noodles and choir-backed atheism anthems before too long. 

I agree with this too to be fair. I do think it maybe lacks a big hit that some of their previous albums had (The Sound, Love It If We Made It etc) but as you say, something a bit less chaotic is exactly what they needed. 

As far as Glastonbury goes, I do think that if they’re not headlining off this album then their time has been and gone and they’ll settle into the world of Biffy Clyro and Foals. 

Album bangs. I have always really appreciated the maximalist genre flipping side of the band but I can totally appreciate them putting out a concise pop album for the first time in their career. They did a great show at Pryzm last night - Happiness turns out to be a real highlight of the set. I'm still desperate to see them headline the pyramid. They're just made for those big shows. 

Edited by bloodborne
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, bloodborne said:

Album bangs. I have always really appreciated the maximalist genre flipping side of the band but I can totally appreciate them putting out a concise pop album for the first time in their career. They did a great show at Pryzm last night - Happiness turns out to be a real highlight of the set. I'm still desperate to see them headline the pyramid. They're just made for those big shows. 

Would be really special, group of best mates who have been grafting and in the band since they were 13. Would be the first time one of 'my generation's bands' headline too

• Upvote 1