Arctic Monkeys

FloorFiller

1 minute ago, Chrisp1986 said:

They won't cancel surely? What would bookies odds of it being cancelled be?

I think not, personally. From the footage in London, plus what people have said who were there, I'd suggest he's had it for a few days already. There's only Glasgow left in the UK after Glastonbury, then they have five days before they head to Poland.

I have also got the blinkers on though, as an obsessive fan who would be heartbroken if they pulled out

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, downtherabbithole said:

rumours going around that Alex was so f**ked up from drink/drugs that they needed to call a doctor in. Security guard for their london show passing the info around. Reckon Laryngitis is a cover story 

Sounds like rubbish, I read a few posts of people who attended last night saying his voice sounded a bit croakier and he was struggling with some of the songs.

2 minutes ago, Cuban Pete said:

Sounds like rubbish, I read a few posts of people who attended last night saying his voice sounded a bit croakier and he was struggling with some of the songs.

I also (admittedly, a huge AM nerd) don't think Alex would be the sort to ruin a show through drink and drugs. He's been pissed on stage a few times, but he never seems to have been particularly publicly/noticably affected with drugs. 

He could be a balls to the wall heroin addict for all we know, but it would be a big surprise to me

1 minute ago, JayDiesel said:

I also (admittedly, a huge AM nerd) don't think Alex would be the sort to ruin a show through drink and drugs. He's been pissed on stage a few times, but he never seems to have been particularly publicly/noticably affected with drugs. 

He could be a balls to the wall heroin addict for all we know, but it would be a big surprise to me

I think his days are done with the gear but did anybody attend Leeds Festival 2014? 

1 minute ago, JayDiesel said:

Agreed - as a fellow AM nerd!

in all honesty, and just my opinion, he seems a lot more with it than he has in the past I.e. TLSP gigs, so it makes it even less likely that would be the reason.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

If you weren't planning to watch AM or even have any other headliner then it certainly is

Yep. I mean this affects the back field chair crowd more than anything. Theyll actually have to stand up and move around for once if they dont like who it is if things change.

19 minutes ago, GodlikeYeezus said:

I think his days are done with the gear but did anybody attend Leeds Festival 2014? 

One of our group is on the fence about seeing them based on this performance - I hear he was an absolute mess

33 minutes ago, Cuban Pete said:

Just watched a few videos on YouTube and his voice didn't even really sound that bad. Maybe if you were there for the whole thing you would have picked up on it but it sounded fine to me. 

1 hour ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Kelis would go off, if the criteria is ‘acts playing on the Friday who don’t look like Laurence Llewelyn Bowen’. She could even bring out Bill Murray for a duet in the encore. 

She's already overbilled as it is!!

33 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Having headliner issues it seems. Not that funny now is it.

Nobody on here is that fussed about AM i think, more just enjoying the drama. they just did a massive stadium tour here so anyone who wanted to see them (thats not Irish!) has already seen them.