Who are you hoping for in 2023?

LinvoyPrimus

I've not read the entire thread but am going to say acts who won't be anywhere near the the main stages next year (bar the last 3 which could be near the top or midway down). 

Emily Burns 

Nina Nesbitt

Cassadee Pope

Broke Eden

Call Me Loop

Lindsay Ell

Maren Morris

Kelsea Ballerini

Paramore 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pr0paneNightm4re said:

The Prodigy, Death Grips, Biffy Clyro, Beach House, Joni Mitchell, Black Country New Road, Maribou State, Confidence Man, Slowdive, Phoebe Bridgers and The Blue Nile.

Not all realistic but all possible (somewhat) 

I would absolutely adore Joni Mitchell to be there. She’s one of those artists I’m gutted to have never seen. Very, very slim chance (miniscule  I’d say) but not as impossible as it seemed only recently.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2022/oct/20/joni-mitchell-headline-concert-2023-washington

Edited by Tranquility of Solitude
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

The Prodigy, Hans Zimmer, QOTSA, Underworld, Grimes, Pond, Eric Prydz, Leftfield, The Brian Jonestown Massacre, KRS-One, Filter, Justice, Happy Mondays, The Dandy Warhols, Iggy Pop, The Horrors, Bou, Hedex, Limp Bizkit, Pulp, L-Major, Fred Again, Prospa, Suede, The Black Angels, Orbital, Manic Street Preachers, Dead Meadow, Ice Cube, Alice Glass, PENGSHUi, King Gizz, David Rodigan, Denham Audio, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Soulwax, Run The Jewels, FJAAK, The Coral, Daniel Avery, Special Request, Dillinja, LTJ Bukem and many more to be announced...

2 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

The Prodigy, Hans Zimmer, QOTSA, Underworld, Grimes, Pond, Eric Prydz, Leftfield, The Brian Jonestown Massacre, KRS-One, Filter, Justice, Happy Mondays, The Dandy Warhols, Iggy Pop, The Horrors, Bou, Hedex, Limp Bizkit, Pulp, L-Major, Fred Again, Prospa, Suede, The Black Angels, Orbital, Manic Street Preachers, Dead Meadow, Ice Cube, Alice Glass, PENGSHUi, King Gizz, David Rodigan, Denham Audio, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Soulwax, Run The Jewels, FJAAK, The Coral, Daniel Avery, Special Request, Dillinja, LTJ Bukem and many more to be announced...

Superb, comfortably the best wish list so far.

Just one small change - Underworld with Iggy Pop doing the Teatime Dub Encounters

35 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Wow!! Not heard of her in years. Used to love her Stateless album. She'd be great to see....

I went to school with her eldest when I was teeny tiny. Even used to go round their house for tea as well!

It's only as I got older I've listened to her music and thought, omg what absolute BANGERS these are. I believe they are currently touring too. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DareToDibble said:

The 1975, Rhythm of the 90s, Mimi Webb, Imagine Dragons, Deco, LANY, Becky Hill. I'd like to think most of those are do-able. Although Imagine Dragons are a weird one, they're huge now so not sure where they could/would play.

Rhythm of the 90s is a full blown religion in Portsmouth

Orbital, Sleaford Mods, Chemical Brothers, Justice, Guns n Roses, Prodigy, Manchester Orchestra, Boris Brejcha, Bon Iver, War on Drugs, Midlake, Spoon, Band of Horses, The Bronx, Cory Wong, Echo and the Bunnymen, Ghost, Phoenix, Carpenter Brute, Danny Elfman, Mogwai, UNKLE, Weezer, The Cat Empire, Polyphia, Orville Peck, Moderat, Guster...

2 hours ago, gfa said:

He did midnight this year, is that not close enough!

Tried to get to that but got involved in a quite frankly scary crush, so a little later means more people might head to SEC instead.

At least that’s my theory! 

Edited by nikkic

5 hours ago, Livvy13 said:

I've not read the entire thread but am going to say acts who won't be anywhere near the the main stages next year (bar the last 3 which could be near the top or midway down). 

Emily Burns 

Nina Nesbitt

Cassadee Pope

Broke Eden

Call Me Loop

Lindsay Ell

Maren Morris

Kelsea Ballerini

Paramore 

Just realised that I missed Fletcher off this list 🤦‍♀️

This is something to do on my lunch break. People I'm hopeful for, discounting anything crazy unrealistic, along with what stage I think they'd fit on:

Pyramid

Carly Rae Jepsen, The 1975, Lil Nas X, Doja Cat, BLACKPINK

Other

Paramore, black midi, Fred Again, Editors, Rina Sawayama, Charli XCX

West Holts

Young Fathers, Weyes Blood, MUNA

John Peel

Dry Cleaning, Yard Act, Orville Peck, Camp Cope, Pale Waves, Rebecca Black

Park

Regina Spektor, Skullcrusher, Jockstrap, Kim Petras

Dance Stages? (Don't really know how these are differentiated)

Oneohtrix Point Never, Disasterpeace, HEALTH, Magic Sword

4 hours ago, WhatADin said:

Rhythm of the 90s is a full blown religion in Portsmouth

Heard great things from people on this forum, had never seen them before and typically 2022 was one of the first years in ages they didn't play Glastonbury. Have seen them twice now and they have been fantastic both times. In fact I keep nagging them on Instagram to play Cardiff 😄 They actually replied and asked me to suggest some venues but nothing seems to have come from it...