LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

48 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes, the headliner hype doesn’t affect ticket sales. The festival could possibly sellout twice over. In comparison other festivals are suffering. I’ve had so many e mails from other festivals promoting ticket sales. In fact this morning I got a message from Fairport conventions  cropredy  festival, usually really well attended, explaining how much it costs to hold the event, how so many similar festivals have folded and asking attendees to tell friends and family to come along. Obviously this year they are struggling.  A nice friendly folksy festival with a great atmosphere in a fantastic location, access to village pubs and local area. 

Cropredy is a lovely little festival but it has a particular issue in being run as a big party by an ageing band for an ageing cohort of fans - it's the only festival we've been to where we feel relatively like spring chickens!  We live a few miles away and go to the fringe rather than the main festival as there's only one stage and the line-up has been less than compelling for some time. Sadly unless it changes significantly this one will run its course in the next few years.

8 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

Cropredy is a lovely little festival but it has a particular issue in being run as a big party by an ageing band for an ageing cohort of fans - it's the only festival we've been to where we feel relatively like spring chickens!  We live a few miles away and go to the fringe rather than the main festival as there's only one stage and the line-up has been less than compelling for some time. Sadly unless it changes significantly this one will run its course in the next few years.

havnt been for a few years now and yes, it does make us feel young as well! I think the last time we were there Brian Wilson was playing. Fairport were Glastonbury regulars from the early days. The two village pubs are always rammed, we ended up drinking in a churchyard. 

48 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

dunno. some people live for dull predictability.

3 hours ago, vigo said:

What was the leak? Missed that!

Look at our line up & rumours page, WH complete or close to. Someone in the WH team made a playlist, then it was taken down. Everything on the main poster for WH confirmed the info was accurate 

2 hours ago, dizzymoo said:

I expect you’re right, as Fairport are still a headliner it’s pushing it, I saw them about 10 years ago and they were ancient then! 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I expect you’re right, as Fairport are still a headliner it’s pushing it, I saw them about 10 years ago and they were ancient then! 

It’s a quirky festival. Traditional folk with acts like Richard Thomson, Kate Rusby etc but also acts such as Frank Turner, Nile Rogers, Levellers, Supergrass and even Alice Cooper have appeared. Fairport still have quite a following though it’s ageing with the band😊 Reckon the festival has got only a few years left. 

17 hours ago, Justcalledtosay said:

It is if there's no way to find out about it.

It's sold out this year but it only takes a couple of poor line ups for the buzz to die off a little and Glasto know they can't afford to put on festivals that don't sell out. They need to maintain the magic and that's what that statement did. No need to mention it otherwise.

Not everything has to be a conspiracy theory.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, dizzymoo said:

Cropredy is a lovely little festival but it has a particular issue in being run as a big party by an ageing band for an ageing cohort of fans

Sadly unless it changes significantly this one will run its course in the next few years.

but isn't this exactly the way it should be?

its a festival run specifically by a band specifically for their fans?

so why is that an issue? surely that's just what it is?

the festival running its course in the next few years to me just seems like a perfectly natural end to an event that served a very specific purpose.

5 minutes ago, -TLR- said:

the festival running its course in the next few years to me just seems like a perfectly natural end to an event that served a very specific purpose.

I guess if they want it to end naturally then that's ok.  I've not been to Cropredy before, but they could take a look at Mucky Weekender and Beautiful Days to see how the events attract people outside of their fans. 

11 minutes ago, -TLR- said:

I’d totally agree with that. Been several times over the years and the atmosphere is great. The campsites are friendly and despite the age of the band the audience is multi generational, families from kids to grandparents as well as folkies. It will run its course over the next few years, a combination of the band retiring and the cost of putting on a festival. The cost is their problem this year and as they’ve stated it’s not unique to them. 

1 hour ago, eatingglitter said:

I’m going with kidzfield 

Friend of the festival Basil Brush headlining again, or are they going to mix it up this year do we reckon?? 

Edited by kemosabe