LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

I’m happy with it. Definitely not a cutting edge packed line up like other years but it’s got about 30 acts I want to see and some I’m really excited about.   They’ve done a decent job in a tricky year for festivals I think. 

2 minutes ago, -TLR- said:

i don't understand - all you lot have been going on about for the past few weeks is was an incredibly brave, forward thinking, progressive, inspiring thing it would be to have SZA on the pyramid...

now its confirmed there's not a mention of what an amazing brave contemporary booking it is and how you are all going to be there to witness it - just loads of moaning about how sh*t the line up is!

i thought i was the one who was meant to be on here moaning about stuff??

😀

Not SZA people are complaining about - its the rest of it.

Looks like a decent line up to me! Can't forget that many of the smaller festivals with less pull than Glastonbury lock acts down for exclusives now, so that will contribute to why some people aren't on the bill. I'm sure Pulp are billed as a UK exclusive for somewhere else. 

Shania is a legend for a legend's slot. Not sure 90s throwback is an apt description of a country legend! I think its often just the case that "the best" Glastonbury was when we were 18. Roll on June!!!

2 minutes ago, CharlotteB said:

I think Twain and Coldplay should still count. Then Keane, Paloma, The Streets, Avril Lavigne, Corrinne Bailey Rae. It's not a complaint really, just an observation.

Didn’t realise you were including acts on the Other, my apologies. Avril is a great booking but yeah not sure why The Streets are high up the bill again. 

13 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

The worst initial poster for the best weekend of the year

For me, it's a case of like last year I've got plenty to see but nothing is a huge standout. I definitely think there was an element of knowing they had a weaker draw this year. It says something though when you look at who is being booked high up and returning favourites if you like are chosen the fill out. 

Surely D-Block could have headlined other? Overall the worst top two lines I've seen for a while on both the big stages. Idles, SZA and Disclosure stand out for me but Idles (easily could play sub, even 3rd down Other) and Disclosure mostly. 

13 minutes ago, s30foster said:

Is Avril definitely going to be the Sunday? 

Most likely, not liking a potential Janelle Monae clash.

8 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Suprefan's revenge

Nah still not US bad

1st was 1998. Only failed to get tickets twice since then

First time I've felt like giving the ticket up

Grim doesn't start to describe it. 

Did Emily shoot herself in the foot by declaring LAST YEAR that she'd got 2 female headliners and then didn't get a contract with Madonna, Taylor Swift, or O-Rod and has therefore had to go to 2nd string. 

I know it’s tantamount to sacrilege to say bad things about Glasto around here, but that’s a bad line up* that

*for me, anyways, as always there’ll be someone sobbing that they didn’t get tickets but I think there’s some objectively weak bookings on there

2 minutes ago, airwaves said:

1st was 1998. Only failed to get tickets twice since then

First time I've felt like giving the ticket up

Grim doesn't start to describe it. 

Did Emily shoot herself in the foot by declaring LAST YEAR that she'd got 2 female headliners and then didn't get a contract with Madonna, Taylor Swift, or O-Rod and has therefore had to go to 2nd string. 

Think there's a grain of truth in that TBF.

Think this is the first time I've seen a poster drop and not had a single must see on it.  No Chaka Khan or Stevie Nicks, which I were holding hope for.  Ah well.

It’s absolutely fine. 

It’s obviously a tough time for festivals everywhere…and nobody on here has any clue about who the booking team have tried to get - and the reasons for not getting them (probably money).

Obviously getting the likes of (checks notes) Chapelle Roan would have made it an all-timer, but we are where we are.

• Upvote 1

Come on now you lot - when all the very many individual posters start landing everyone starts getting much more excited as their favourites are announced. This happens almost every year on poster day ( disappointment) and then increasing excitement as the rest drop and you realise it’s going to be ok. But if you want to throw your ticket back in the pot feel free!! 

6 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Didn’t realise you were including acts on the Other, my apologies. Avril is a great booking but yeah not sure why The Streets are high up the bill again. 

I saw them at Glastonbury as part of their fair well tour about ten years ago (I remember it was the Beyonce year).

Looks nicer without the green. 

It’s a good year to be a volunteer. No cant-miss names there for me, but plenty to see and look forward to if I’m off shift.

Maybe a bit gutted there’s no Chaka on there tho.